Dotm line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, Jan 22, 2012.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I've heard a lot of rumors regarding the DOTM line being over, as well as toys like wheeljack getting cancelled. I'm aware that Hasbro had a movie trilogy line planned, but Can anyone confirm if any of this is true? Any evidence to support if they are or are not cancelling planned toys from the films?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look at it this way:
    if the DotM line is over, but there is a Trilogy line, odds are good we may get the last few figures (although there is a chance of them being different colors.)

or look at the toys after RotF- there were movie figures (or Bayverse styled) that came out in a new line called HftD that did pretty well. or the Generations figures we got under the short lived RtS banner.

in the end, Hasbro will find a way to get you your toys...even if they confuse you by how they do it.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All we actually KNOW is that there will be a movie trilogy line. So far all that's been shown for this line are a bunch of repaints.

Watch for toyfair next month. We should get a better idea next month if this line will hold anything worth getting excited about. We don't even know for sure if Hasbro will be releasing Que, and Soundwave as part of this line or not (there are repaints, but that's not the same). It would make sense, so given the way they handled DOTM this probably means they won't.

I can't remember the last time Hasbro launched a new line with only repaints. I'm thinking that them only showing us repaints so far is a bad sign- but hopefully they'll surprise me...

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    *cough* Primewithtrailer*cough*

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Primewithtrailer is still a repaint, just with a new accessory.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Just like we got Animated Blackout, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive Bumblebee, RTS Windcharger, and RTS Rumble.

Oh wait...

7. NEST SOLDIER

I am extremely confused about how Hasbro handled the DOTM line to begin with. Something obviously went very wrong somewhere. Especially with no figures of Mirage and Wheeljack, that's just ridiculous all the way around.

Despite supposed license issues with Mattel and Ferrari, Hasbro has enough foresight to have dealt with this way before the line went into production. The movie might have been a success, but their toys weren't.

8. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

@Switchblade Don't forget Toxic Oilslick.

9. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

Lets not forget Voyager Animated Thundercracker and Vortex Blurr.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the Movie Trilogy line (which has been proven to exist by pictures of the packaging of the Deluxe Prime trailer) will probably have new molds eventually (don't forget Evac), but I am worried about whether or not Soundwave and Wheeljack will get released with movie accurate colors. The Cyberverse Mirage figure also worries me that we may not get a real Mirage, but seeing as only a few figures from the Movie Trilogy line have been mentioned, I think it's still too early to say much. Hopefully we'll learn more about the line at Toyfair, but given Hasbro's recent track record at conventions, we shouldn't hope for too much.

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

If the DOTM line would be done,wouldn't they be on clearance to make room for the new stuff like Prime?

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Given the resources attributed to the movie line, and its financial success, I very much doubt it'll be a cancellation so much as a rebranding.

Remember that the closer to completion you see a figure, the more likely it will see a release in some form.

13. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain we will still be getting DOTM Wheeljack and Soundwave deluxe toys in the near future. I don't recall hearing either of them cancelled, but I do remember it being said that their previous release date had been post-poned.

They were suppose to be released Dec 11, 2011, but now they may be making a February appearance.

I'm just hoping this Trilogy Line gives us some new characters or re-molds of old characters (such as Jazz, Ratchet, maybe even a Voyager Brawl?)

14. NEST SOLDIER

Cyberverse Mirage????

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The lack of Soundwave & Que on North American DOTM cards is a bit odd, Hopefully they will show up in some other ways such as a gift set.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I remember hearing that Wheeljack and Soundwave were due out sometime in Feburary. But like others have said, wait and see what Toy Fair has to show.

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A red repaint of ROTF Legends Sideways, which will probably be released in the Prime line. A picture of it was released recently, along with those of several other figures, like Voyager Prime Megatron and the non-FE Vehicon.

18. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    He's referring to the leaked image of a red re-paint of ROTF Legends Sideways which has been promptly named Mirage. The image of it was from the Argos Catalog scans I believe. I'm not sure where people learned its name was Mirage though.

19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    robotkingdom gave us a list of upcoming Cyberverse Legion toys with Breakdown, Soundwave, Evac, and Mirage (none of which had pictures).
    Argos's catalog/site gave us pics of two Cyberverse Legion toys, a blue one matching Evac's design and a red car. Since neither Soundwave and Breakdown are red cars (and Knock Out's being sold with the drill playset), that leaves Mirage. Not out and out confirmation, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My Soundwave was on an American card. I've got some pics going in the TFW gallery shortly for him :) 

I did get mine online though, seems Soundwave but not Wheeljack made it to online retailers. No clue how or why, but glad he did.