Heavy/Scratch: DOTM Leader Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jacerc130, Dec 17, 2011.

1. jacerc130

jacerc130 Well-Known Member

I am tired of waiting for Hasbro to make the smart move and give us a leader class Shockwave and Megatron. I already made myself the Megatron so now it's on to Shockwave!
    Got the inspiration and some guidance from Encline on this LOL! I am only about 50% done and there is still soo much to do. Hopefully I'll have him complete in the next month or so. The LED is powerful lighting up the entire head but will only illuminate the eye once painted. Replacable coin battery hidden under backpack held in place by rare earth magnets for ease of replacing battery. Operation button is discreetly placed to the bottom left of the backpack. Next step will be cutting and molding ALOT of styrene, let me say again ALOT LOL! This will help give deepth and dimension to his armor plating as seen in the movie. I will soon have a custom cast ribcage done by artelokokustoms as well!

I have added the following articulation;

Balljoint waist
    balljoint wrist/hand (courtesy of fakebuster)
    Balljoint head (head cast courtesy of artelokokustoms)
    stock swivel biceps
    stock swivel thigh
    stock ratchet knees
    stock ratchet shoulders

So let me know what you think so far!

Attached Files:

2. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

whoa! that looks killer man, i probably couldn't do any better but i think the head is a bit too high above his shoulders, but other then that the head looks amazing and he whole custom is coming along quite nicely! cant wait to see the end product :D 

3. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

Looks great!

4. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Fakebuster made a Shockwave hand for shapeways? I'm going to have to get one for mine too, nice job btw, I agree the head sits too high though

5. jacerc130

jacerc130 Well-Known Member

The hand is actually a leader class starscream hand but referencing movie pics it was the closest hand I could get. At present it does appear the head sits too high but once the styrene armor plates are put on it will bulk up his shoulders similar to Enclines!

6. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    whoa im making one just like this and im also using arteloko for the head!looks cool man,only thing i done different with mine was arms from prime that i built up with styrene,i really wanted to keep these arms but i already did a 2007 megatron repaint for the same guy who commissioned this!and i thought he will spot it right away so im having to get as far away from the megz mold as possible!

great work cant wait to see it complete

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    This is looking sharp!!!