DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime Pictorial review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    SENTINEL PRIME is a legendary warrior, thought lost long ago. The strength of his will and the power of his sword are spoken of in reverent whispers by AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON alike. Now that he has returned, the final defeat of MEGATRON and the DECEPTICONS is assured.

Got him today, and he's great! Lots of fun with this one. He's got some great posability and his transformation is really detailed and well thought out without being overly complicated. His vehicle mode is a Rosenbauer Panther Fire/Rescue vehicle:

[​IMG]

He's not quite to scale with the other leaders, he should larger than Optimus based on real life vehicle shots:

[​IMG]

His shield stores beneath the vehicle, and his sword folds in half and pegs onto a shaped notch under the large grey panels on the top of the truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pushing a button on his roof activates his sirens:

[​IMG]

The mechtech port over the passenger side of the cab contains a button that activates weapon noises when a mechtech weapon is attached, and the transformation noise when removed. You can also flip out a couple of missile launchers on his rear end and attach his sword and shield to the cab for an attack mode:

[​IMG]

Transformation starts by removing the weapons and raising the grey panel on the roof:

[​IMG]

Then untabbing and swinging the side panels out:

[​IMG]

Then on to the rear of the vehicle. You can see how his arms store INSIDE his legs here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear corners fold and flip up to form his heels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear wheel folds up and tabs in behind his thigh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the leg panels all hinge around to form the lower legs:

[​IMG]

At that point the arms are free and we can move on to the front of the vehicle:

[​IMG]

It's actually really cool how the whole front end explodes and recompresses into the upper body. You can see the back of Sentinel's upside-down head in the windshield:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then its just a matter of swinging the arms forward and adjusting the various panels on his back:

[​IMG]

The siren and weapon buttons still work in robot mode:

[​IMG]

Pushing the button on his chest causes his mouth top open as he says "I AM SENTINEL PRIME!" while his eyes blink orange:

[​IMG]

And here's just a close up shot of his face sculpt:

[​IMG]

His hands rotate at the wrists, and while his individual fingers are fused, he does have a hinge to allow his hands to open and close to grip his weapons:

[​IMG]

Pressing the top section of his shield with the swirly black lines causes it to spring open:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you look back at the underside of the shield, you can see the handle swings from side to side so he can carry it in either hand:

[​IMG]

All in all, he's a great figure, lots of fun, and looks great with the other movie leaders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's his tech specs:

[​IMG]

And a shot of the Bumblebee co-sell on the bottom of the box:

[​IMG]

I definitely recommend picking him up!

You can check out the video review here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...reviews-dotm-leader-class-sentinel-prime.html

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

did you ever figure out what's wrong with the sound?

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No, but since I'll likely just pull the batteries out like I do for ALL of my figures, I'm not concerned about it at all.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

maybe hasbro finally decided to stop making the noises so damn loud because they were annoying the parents! :lol 

just kidding of course!

i know hasbro would never care! lol

my only gripe about the figure is the fact that the front section seems to just remain in one piece for robot mode, it doesn't break up or become part of the arms, or anything.

it's just like one BIG block on top. and the attack mode is kind'a lame! but other then that it looks like a really nice figure! looks so much better then leader bee!

5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fantastic model !!! I'll wait for the MPM version though :) 

6. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow.. Being a firefighter and fire truck collector as well, I'm pretty much sold on this!!! The vehicle mode looks really good... Darn, should have gotten it when I saw it a few days ago.. Shd I get it or shd I just wait for a better version? There will be a MPM version? Is this confirmed?

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Good review and seems like a good toy, but I don't like him enough to buy a leader class of him though, still, people will be pleased

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I thought the shield went on top in alt-mode....

Somebody gonna shattered glass this guy, with beard and mustache...

9. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

Good review, as always! Just one thing though, are the wheels on the legs a little bit mistransformed or is the final version slightly different than the official picture?

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks really nice. He is on the purchase list.

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    He's on my list. Looks fantastic. Kinda awesome how his arms store in his legs.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Action poses plz! Thanks for making another pictorial review! I prefer pics over video but like both.

13. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great pictures and review as always. I hate to say it but that Bumblebee is hedious! Still hoping they will make a LC or Voyager/HA 70's camaro Bumblebee!

14. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Sentinel looks great. He was already on my want list, but this easily makes him an immediate purchase.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I wonder if that Optimus Prime guy will legally change his name to Sentinel Prime after the movie is released? :) 

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Awesome gallery/review! The figure actually looks good now. It could use some touch ups and i bet i will see a few in the Radicon section soon. ^^
    I havent seen the video yet but i am really looking forward to it. thanks again! And congratulations for your new LEader class toy! ;) 

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'd have to look at the official picture, but those are tabbed in correctly on the figure itself.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    God this figure looks bad ass. Might hold out for the MP Takara version..most likely will look even more bad ass.

EDIT: Peaugh, does the shield actually have a blaster mode, and are the sword handles big enough for Sentinel to hold them individually?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't tell for certain, but from watching the video review, I think the laser cannon on the shield is for the firetruck's "attack mode" rather than for robot mode. Also, there only appears to be one handle for the sword. The joint being something akin to the 3mm clip bars on Generations/RTS figures.

@Peaugh: Sentinel Prime looks awesome. Definitely on my want list, and I'm not a big fan of the Leader class figures.

20. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Sweet - here's hoping the tiny version of this dude is good.

Glad to see a pictorial again, Peaugh.