Customs: DOTM Leader Ironhide--leg mod help?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pun-3X, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Hello!

So, basic story, I just did a few searches through Radicons and here looking for someone who had posted a leg/knee mod for Leader Ironhide. Due to the nature of the site's search engine, I couldn't get that particular thread to come up regardless of keywords. Does anyone know what I'm referring to and can direct me to that thread? One leg is pretty much ready to go, but the other leg (right) looks like it needs a pretty serious cut of plastic. Like, structurally questionable. I'm right up to the point where I need to start cutting before I paint if that's what I end up doing. I just want to see what was done. I've seen some customs where they refer to doing the mod, but don't say how or show links. Thanks; any help would be appreciated.

Also attached a quick shot of the progress so far. Got to get rid of those blue jeans somehow. :) 

Attached Files:

• ih-l.JPG
      ih-l.JPG
      File size:
      179.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I think what you are looking for is here.http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/587639-dotm-leader-ironhide.html
    it's done by hthrun. In his first post he has links to the leg mods (and others!) I found this by searching "leader Ironhide leg mod", and it was the only Leader class topic. Yeah, it doesn't search like google, but it gets you there. I hope that's what you were looking for. :thumb 

Randy!

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That's it, and the second leg link confirms the cut on the back of the right leg. Thanks SO much for that assist--it can be frustrating trying all sorts of search combos, hoping you'll get new results with each one. Really appreciate it! :)