DOTM Leader Class Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jacerc130, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    that looks pretty epic man

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

3. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    You guys have to remember how long it takes to release a toy from prototype to general release. We start seeing prototype images of figures MONTHS before the toy is release, sometimes up to a year. Like move film makers, by the time the product is released, development has moved on to other projects. Classically we've seen three leader class molds. There have been three released. With no other word or prototypes from Hasbro the best we can hope for is something like Star Scream from RoTF. But I don't see that happening.

If this was a vote... which I think there has already been on this, I would like to see a Megatron leader scale because the scale he's in does not do his needed level of detail justice.

4. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Shockwave would look cool in Leader class, but... come on. Megatron. Dude needs a good Leader class toy. The last two have suffered from various problems, the guy needs a break, especially now that he has an awesome vehicle mode and is the right scale to go up against any of the Leader Optimus toys.

Also, Leader class cloak and hood? Yes. Give him a shotgun and he's set. And maybe an actual Hugo Weaving-or-soundalike voiceclip, as opposed to the generic, growly 'I AM MEGATRON!' thing from the ROTF one.

Maybe his 'All Hail Megatron!' line from The Lion King scenes.

5. EmFalcon73

EmFalcon73 Well-Known Member

It is kind of a no-brainer - if we are going to get only one Leader class Decepticon out of DOTM, it has to be Megatron. Shockwave would be nice, but the Voyager is a good take on the character.

Ratchet would be nice if only to have the original (Autobot) film cast represnted in large scale but overall, it seems an unlikely event. As does Blackout/Grindor (even though it would be awesome and - come on - how could you not want the 4 fighters from the forest scene in ROTF?) .. a bigger version of Bonecrusher (ie: one that kinda-sorta-looks like he might be able to do more then kick Optimus' shin) would be good too - but almost certainly not going to happen.

I think that we'll be lucky if we are fortunate enough to get a Leader DOTM Megatron w/a Shotgun, let alone hoping for characters further afield - nifty though they would be.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Supreme Shockwave with the Driller damnit.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    This sums it up very well. While it's possible that Hasbro has a 4th DOTM leader class mold in the works, it's more likely they are planning repaints of the existing molds.

If there is a 4th mold another deciding factor is going to be what Hasbro wants for a vehicle mode in that size class. That was the reason given for down sizing Universe Galvatron to a deluxe, because there weren't enough small tanks available at the time.

8. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Does someone know or have a list of all Leader Class figures released to date? I know you guys say theres been 3 leader figures per year since 2007...meaning there should be 15 of them so far, right? Let me know and thanks :noob  here...

Just got into collecting the toys and want to know what Ive missed out so far...

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

blackout ftw!!!

10. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

F#@ck the midgets, all they do is break them. Shockwave is WANT!

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Numbers are a bit off because Hasbro can and HAS filled out the line with repaints, but on average, we get 3 NEW LEADER CLASS MOLDS in a given year. So we've seen more than 15 releases.

2006 Got Metroplex and an Optimus repaint (along with Galvatron/Megatron carryover and exclusives)

2007 (Movie 1) Got Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Brawl.

2008: Movie 1 got a whopping 3 repaints and a remold in Night Watch Optimus, Deep Desert Brawl, Premium Megatron and Premium Optimus Prime (who was remolded). Same year, Animated got Leader Class Bulkhead, Megatron, and Ultra Magnus.

2009: Animated Leaders Ultra Magnus and Megatron were repainted, and RotF got Optimus, Megatron, and Jetfire

2010: Spring got a Megatron repaint, and the fall line got a remolded Rotf Optimus and Starscream.

Thus far this year, we've gotten Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime, and Ironhide.

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Hey! I loved that voice!

So...more repaints? :( 

13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, the "midgets" are the main buyers of Transformers products. I know, it's quite shocking that children are most of the buyers of toys, but that's how it is.[/sarcasm]

Hasbro wouldn't make a new Leader mold purely because collectors, who I believe make up about 10-15% of the buyers of Transformers, want it. There are plenty of Movie Leader figures I want, but if we get any more, we're probably just going to get Megatron. And frankly, I'd much rather have Megatron than Shockwave. Voyager Shockwave's good enough for me, and I like Megatron's design a lot more.

14. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Those "Midgets" are our future. Don't play the "Everyone Says That" card
    because we all know that's the truth.

That's how it is. Hasbro makes toys, kids buy toys, collectors bitch about toys.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'd normally agree with that, but then I look at TF1 Leader Megatron. It turned into nothing but a "something-with-wings", whereas at least Shockwave looks like a tank, alien in design or not. Throw in some lights, sounds, a glowing eye and a gun that can be cocked like in the movie - kids would definitely buy it. Plus I think a lot of them would really like the fact that he stands out so much in a sea of grey, silver & tan colored Cons, most of which have been released over & over & over & over again character/repaint wise for 6 years now.

Just my two cents of course. Maybe Hasbro will disagree.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Just like every year :p 

17. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    At least give me a gold Sentinel Prime.

18. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    You would think we'd come to a sort of compromise, since us collectors want certain figures, and kids and parents who buy them know nothing about the toys, and will buy them no matter what they look like.

So, like seriously. 10-15%, yeah, sure. But, we're certainly not the only people that would buy the figures we want to see made.

19. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

QFT. We can all agree that there are at least three new leader class figures from DOTM and TF: Prime due out in 2012 (Hopefully three per continuity :D )

20. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    It'll probably be DOTM Megatron and Shockwave alongside TF Prime's Optimus.