Minor/Repaint: DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TrickyFingersNZ, Aug 19, 2012.

1. TrickyFingersNZ

TrickyFingersNZ Well-Known Member

Hi Guys! I'm a newbie to the boards, I thought I'd introduce myself and show off one of my customs.

I always loved TF's as a kid (I'm now 33) but since the movie toys came out I thought the molds were so cool I just had to have a go at repainting them!

I've done around 8 repaints now and the last 2 or 3 have been pretty good!

BB took many weeks, on and off, and in my mind he's still not quite finished but I'm on to other projects now so this is how he'll stay on the shelf for a while...

Thanks for looking, any feedback/constructive criticism is always appreciated :D 

Attached Files:

2. DeXaPiTaToR

DeXaPiTaToR Well-Known Member

cool

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome, And it looks really great!

You should try to do a neck mod to pop his head up a bit, and mabye the collars swivel out. I made a few mods on mine and it changes the look 100%. Makes a world of difference. Leader 'Bee is WAY underrated. I just LOVE that figure. I wish they came out with a repaint.

Your paint skillz are top notch man.

4. TrickyFingersNZ

TrickyFingersNZ Well-Known Member

Thanks Snake Eyes! I'm only just getting confident with mods, I have just this week done my first couple which was Leader Megatron's claw hinge and a ball joint on his "murder" arm. He's almost finished painting, I'll post some pics in a few days.

I just had a look for a neck mod for BB, seems the way to go is ROTF Voyager Mixmasters neck? Dam it I sold him a few months back too haha, will have to keep an eye out for another one now, the neck mod looks great.

How did you get the collars to swivel?