Minor/Repaint: DOTM Leader Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fateastray, May 13, 2012.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Soooo,

It's been a while. 2 years now? Something like that...ehehe sorry people..Financial priorities changed as well as other situations in my life, but who cares, we're not here for any drama haha..

Saw this guy on clearance and I couldn't pass that by...Dusted off my spraypaints and brushes and had some fun with this figure. Drybrushed the robot bits and added copper details, as well as find every 'panel' and paint it yellow. Added two Autobot-symbols (I love the G1-style bright stickers)

Added panel-lines on bits of the car-mode and the helmet and made the racing-stripe go all the way back (carbon stuff was molded in, but not painted originally) Painted the safety-net thingies on the windows too...how tedious..

Nothing special, I guess, but it sure was fun doing this again...(and magically, I have a HA Soundwave coming in the mail soon o_O  ..Oh no, plastic crack addiction kicking in TT___TT )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. fateastray

Page 4, 0 replies...was it something I said? Or did this get horribly overlooked...*Bump

3. SantaClaus

SantaClaus Well-Known Member

I don't know if your painting skills arn't good as the guys using airbrushes and stuff but it doesn't look too bad, with the dirty marks all over it. The darkish robot mode looks cool, and metallic :) 

4. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    The panel lining looks think in some areas. Otherwise this looks good.

5. Vinjax01

Vinjax01 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks great!!! Where did you find this on clearance?? I want to try it!!! =p

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Your paintjob certainly accentuates the details on BB. I remember passing up on that toy cause it looked bland but I can actually see every detail on it. Goodjob!

7. fateastray

Haha, no. No, I'm not :p  ...and I haven't painted a TF in over 2 years...It turned out good, imo...just adding anything to this figure makes it look tons better already, since this thing was SERIOUSLY lacking paint apps. The dirty marks were just the clearcoat getting contaminated by a dirty brush xDD didn't notice it until later :p 

Yeah, I painted over the grooves and scratched off the surface paint, so that the paint in the grooves would remain..but there's also paint on the groove-walls...and the scratching wasn't perfect ^^;;; (in my head it worked out GREAT). Thanks [:

Groningen, which is the northern most province of the Netherlands :p 

If it isn't the man who taught me to build combiners! Did you finish your devy in the meantime? :)  And thank you! Adding more details, thus breaking up the robot parts, works wonders for the presentation, making him look a whole lot slimmer, he's now my favorite, even when I hated him in the reviews..