DOTM Leader Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Jan 26, 2011.

1. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    The fact that most of these pictures are taken from a top-down view makes it difficult for me to figure out where to place my finger

2. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

notice

notice how BB's windws are like Race Cars...Add plot...

I am guessing there is gonna be a race track battle or something to do with some race cars in this movie ((yes i know there are those decepticons))

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to this Bee, hole in the roof and all, hehe. :) 

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hmmmm....My thoughts are:

BB: Looks like they took some great steps forward over battle ops... then some major steps back. I love the new arm, for instance, but the head looks too small and the upper body looks too bulky. Looks like it's at least 90% correctly transformed, which is a letdown, but I will wait to judge more.

SS: I LOVE the leader version, but since this one looks great for its size, I will get it to have a more portable SS. If anyone's still debating getting the leader vs. waiting for this, get the leader. One of the best TFs I have ever had.

Prime: TBH Only some sort of gimmick that hasn't been revealed yet will make me want this. Battle Blades is awesome, and would still be in scale with dotm voyager megs/shockwave, which I will probably get.

Nitpick: Pics are best done with a white or light background. Using other figures as a background is the worst for seeing it properly. Just use a piece of paper or a wall! But thanks for the pics :) 

OMG you don't even know what they are supposed to look like since no official art has been leaked and you haven't seen the movie! What is wrong with you? You are very quick to dismiss things, but if it saves you $$, then good for you.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I think he did for size comparison.

6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I know, but it would be best to put it next to the figure, or in a separate pic. Anyway it was just a nitpick, since the person that took the pic is never gonna read what I wrote :p 

7. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG that BB is a total cats ass.. I just dont understand how they can go from the awesomeness of ROTF leader class Prime and Starscream and the Battle Ops BB to that craptastic looking BB figure.. It really looks like crap in my eyes. It looks as though that have totally dumbed down the transformation almost to the point of those oversized KO figures of BB.. Are they doing this so that little kids can transform the larger figures? And for god sakes can they give him TWO hands for a change ?? Sooo let down so far with this new movie line.. I had such high hope for that leader class BB and now this is really making think the ultra prime is going to suck just as bad as this.. More money saved i guess..

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Screamer is still cool.

Prime is tiny for a Voyager. Another reason I'll likely pass.

I will not buy a Leader Bumblebee.

9. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks terrible.

10. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

No matter how awesome the engineering, I just don't see myself ever buying a Bee toy that big.

That said, I'm not blown away by the engineering so it's an easy pass for me.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    What is really nice about the gimmick is its confined to a detachable weaon, where the previous movie lines had mech alive and automorph which directly impacted how the figures could articulate and transform.

Bumblebee, and sentinel prime are rumored to be the first two leaders. With a third leader coming later in the year. Probably megatron or Shockwave. Before I get to carried away with how awesome leader shockwave could be, Megatron on the other hand, does have the advantage of turning into a realistic earth truck.

Also a lot of movie Transformers toys have lacked basic firearms. Under the justification that their hands would merely convert into the blades and guns they need anyway. The whole mechtech system has these guns with a spring loaded conversion to emulate that understood element in the modern universe.

Also I compared the height of a generations deluxe on sealed card to a transformer on my desk, and comparing the scale on the new pics, Optimus Prime is really close to the current voyager size. And leader bumblebee is at least as tall as universe powerglide.

But were getting a huge supreme class Optimus Prime with a trailer anyway. So you have to have that. This voyager is really for completists, or power master Optimus Prime fans who happen to also like movie stuff.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I like that Leader BB! :confused2 :

13. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I do as well :confused2 

14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Look our! It's Leader Class Cuddles (G13)

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Me too :confused2 

16. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man,Voyager Prime looks Deluxe small. Screamers nice(for his size) & Bee looks cool. I'm happy with my Battle ops(even if he's crazy out of scale),but i might buy this bee if the price was right.

17. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    well actually i love any BB. I want that too:throw 

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    WOW! You've seen the 3rd movie already?! Do you have a link, I wanna see it too!!!!

19. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

I dont know about you, but the more i see that DOTM Optimus prime ... the more im liking it.. =X

20. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    LOL! Are you people that delusional?

Okay, so movie 3 comes out.

Optimus Prime: Um, audience. It's explanation time. You may wonder why we look different. Yeah, I still have the same truck mode. I only added a trailer. However, through the power of something, we magically changed our bodies, to look totally different than we looked the first two times you saw us. I think that magic is called... ILM... or something like that. Yeah... I...

*walks off shaking head*

Tell me, please, why in the world they would change EVERY character in the movie to look differently, despite keeping their same alt mode?

I just don't see the logic in this. How does a Transformer change their bot body, without changing their alt mode? Optimus looks the same to me, except with the additions of a trailer.

These toys suck, true to form, in my opinion. People don't need to ride Hasbro so hard.

Shockwave and Megatron are the only toys I could see myself going after, and one of those HAS to be leader for me to get it (Megatron).

I was saving and getting ready to blow big money on movie 3 toys, but damn... suck toy is suck.