DotM Ironhide Toy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shroobmaster, Dec 20, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Whatever size it is it would be bizarre if it was a Deluxe as there's not a great reason to make anew Deluxe unless they wanted to shoehorn the line wide gimic into it.

So fingers crossed it's a new Voyager but with Voyagers ever getting smaller - perhaps a new Ultra Class would have been nicer to have for Ratchet & Ironhide.

I'm intreged by the made weapons and the huge attachment points Idea - shame they didn't use minicon posts at least... would be funny if they turned out to be the same size as an Energon Star port that might add all sort of crazy backwards compatibility to Energon & Superlink toys if that was the case. as you could add the cannons and accessories to those toys as well as the DOTM ones then.

In theory (if they are the same size) you could add Minicons, Energon Weapons and DOTM weapons to the same toys then.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's a Supreme. Or an Activator. Possibly both.

Anyway, this is going to have to look a lot better than the original Voyager mold or come with a must-have accessory before I bother purchasing it. I'm happy with the original Voyager and would prefer not to purchase a new figure of the character.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is so NOT a scout class..

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If the roof posts & foot holes *in the back deck* match the size of Megatron's Fusion Cannon Attachment ports then he's a possibly a voyager - but if those ports are a standard size then the one On Bumblebee's roof would be huge - so perhaps they have made two sizes of ports and if the ports match the way Bumblebee's huge cannon sits then he might be a Deluxe after all ?

I'll be interested to see how the weapons work and what they can attach to both from 2011 and maybe before.

[EDIT]

Those ports on the side look like they might be 5mm holes - if they are he'd be able to mount some Energon Weapons eiter directly or with the help of a bit of lego technic as adapter, or he could take any Powercore Combiner 2 pack's Minicon that has a 5mm post on it as a weapon. or even a few of the older ones that do also have 5mm posts (like the Submarine & Skateboard moulds) so a couple of skateboards one each side would make jet boosters for the truck - theose hole in his feet look to big to allow him to roller skate on them though.

5. rhinox1701

rhinox1701 #1 TransFan

Ebay:
    Doesn't look transformed properly. Probably looks better..not sure about pegs tho..wth?

6. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank God. It's about time.

7. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

i feel as though its unfinished somehow...like the back of the truck didnt get the panels to cover the robot bits or something. ill wait to see what happens but im so excited we are getting a large new mold of Ironhide!

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    ...we can post this but not Megatron?

No Hasbro, bad Hasbro, no picking and choosing.

9. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've said this before. This whole leaked proto stuff is a scam! No robot mode pics?! WTF. Seriously. Hasbro is involved

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not supposed to post anything. That's just the mods being a little bit lax...

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

sorry, but no. not happening for me, that thing is a total mess.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nope. This actually pisses them off.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    That's the difference between "Yeah, Ironhide's getting a new toy, you were all kind of expecting that" and "Megatron's getting a whole new form that we wanna keep hush at the moment"

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    This person got really angry, mouthed off and started to argue when a Hasbro designer chimed in to say the toy was not Voyager Ironhide. This person insulted the Hasbro designer's skills and Hasbro overall. The next day, it was revealed the toy was FAB Ironhide.

This being the internet, this person never apologised to the Hasbro designer.

15. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    Could be a new Human Alliance ironhide (smaller than a leader but bigger than voyager)? i know that line could be dead, but they don't have to call it that...just imo...just to have an ironhide in scale with leader prime and HA BB would be great. =)

16. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I wish Hasbro would give up on the terrible gimmicks and just give us decent SCALE versions of the bots. Without pegholes / automorph / overall hideousness (looking at you, 07 Ironhide).

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    SCALE doesn't work with transformers with diverse sizes. Larger scaled-for-robot-mode characters may not sell as well at higherprice points (see leader brawl, who shelfwarmed for a very long time with his repaint) than they would at lower price points. Larger toys are only given to characters whose popularity warrants the risk. You want scale in the movie line for robots? That would require the creation of several new size classes to fill out all the toy sizes, and cause a lot of consumer frustration.

18. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    hm..not sure if I like it.those huge pegs ruin it for me.I hope they are going to be covered somehow

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Those pegs could mean that it's a FAB of some kind. Maybe a Cyberverse toy; wasn't it speculated that those were bigger and slightly more complex FABs?

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Looks alright, I passed on every Movie Ironhide toy so far (except the Legends) because I thought none of them looked screen-accurate enough.

Hopefully this one will change that - or maybe a possible Human Alliance figure? (Man, I hope that line continues in DOTM...)