DOTM improving thread; Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cranckasional, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I have MANY ideas in my head on how to make some characters more movie accurate. Bad thing is, I only have 3 so I cant work on other figures. Here is were you guys come in.

I want to start with my Favorite, Voyager Megatron (dotm).
    There are many things that can improve.
    ---Lets start by focusing on his weapons; He only had a shotgun (well plasma rifle?? it never shot bullets just energon blasts). So it hit me, Laserbeaks guns seem TOO big for him. If we combine Laserbeaks guns, that gives us a decent rifle gun thing. We can use that on Megatron. One thing, Megatrons hands are unable to hold Mech Tech. I am thinking that by adding heat we COULD push the thumb a bit more inwards, this would make his "grip" thight and a mech tech peg could "plug in" but before I do that, I have to buy laserbeak first :( 

1st favor; Could someone post a pic of megatron holding Laserbeaks gun?? Maybe use a rubberband or fingers to hold it in his hand?? I just want to see if its the right size.

--- We all notice he had these chains wrapped around him, thats pretty easy. Hard part here is finding a small chain that looks like the one on the CGI model.

--- Spikes. Am I the only one that noticed his vehicle mode had these spikes coming out?? I have some plastic that I could paint and glue to him to achieve this, But I cant at the moment (need super glue and gun metal testors). But if anyone tries to do it; I recomend either a metal sheet (the ones they sell in home depot that say WARNING or DOG etc etc), the plastic that comes in the ipod case, or Styrene.

--- Standing problem; I really need to find a way to solve this, its like he lacks some sort of heel that will keep him from falling over. Here I have nothing. Any ideas???

I ask for you help so we can improve megatron in this thread. If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Later on I will make threads for the other figures when I buy them ( Of the DOTM line I ONLY have Optimus, Megatron, and Cranckase) if this type of threads work out.

2. Force 21

Force 21 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for chains, you might want to try a craft store. Places like Micheals have sections with lots of little trinket size objects that might work. Not sure if they would have just pure metal chains though.

I know someone in the customs board used the chain from a Lego set, and that looked pretty good, not sure where to get those at, though.

3. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    I found One at the 50 Cent machine on "Big Lots", but I droped it in the car, now I need to find it :( 

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know for sure, but if he has mechtech ports on his legs, you could use legos to make it stable.

5. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    GREAT IDEA, could you elaborate that a bit more??

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Fasion something out of technic and lego bricks to create stable "heels" for Megatron.

7. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

Did anyone else find that his right knee joint is loose?

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    He needs a whole new right arm. Something that can still transform, but is distinctive from his left arm. With a new right arm, that means you can fashion a hand that will actually hold a gun. And then, since there isn't actually any existing gun that looks to much like the one he had in the movie, you need to build your own from scratch.
    His legs are fine. I don't have any problems standing him up, so either the QC on yours is bad or you're just doing it wrong.
    As for chains, they're easy if you don't have a problem with partsforming. I'd take three LEGO chains, connect them together, and then wrap them around Megatron and then connect them end to end. I have two on him right now, but I don't have a third chain to use. Thats why I say three, because it all comes together with that.

Also, fashion a real poncho for him from a greyish-beige shirt.

9. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    Though I agree with the whole hand thing, We gotta remember that This are small improvements to make the figure better. Many of us would have to idea how to make a new arm. That Shirt idea is REALLY smart though, My old brownish shirt would help here, Thanks.
    YES Mine are LOOSE