DOTM Human Alliance Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TheBeastman, Jun 18, 2011.

1. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else like this guy? He's a lot better in person, could use a little paint but thats nothing new with DOTM.

2. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he's exactly the same as the original HA Bumblebee, which i have, except for the paint job, so yeah he should be pretty cool.

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I quite dislike HA 'Bee. It has a hollow, cheap looking robot mode and a crappy interior in alt mode. Its transformation is almost completely ripped off from Generations 2.0 Prowl and the Human Alliance gimmicks make the robot mode very kibbly.

It offers nothing new and isn't done particularly well, especially compared to other HA figures. For the $30, it's just not worth the price. If it were scaled down to deluxe size, it'd be little different to a repaint/slight remold of Generations 2.0 Prowl, which I already have, and which is a far superior figure in terms of aesthetics, stability and charm.

The best figures are the figures that do new things in interesting ways, or are cheap enough, charming enough, and technically sound to the point that the overall quality of the figure far exceeds the lack of originality. This is why I like CHUG Cheetor, DotM Barricade and HFTD Hubcap, but dislike HA 'Bee: They have charm and are fun to tinker with, despite occasional flaws or simplistic designs. HA 'Bee's a boring piece of crap.

4. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having never gotten the original HA Bumblebee because I had no interest in picking up just another Bumblebee, I decided to pick this one up since the color scheme made it different enough for me. I gotta say, I really like it. My only complaint is his right arm should have a hand that converts into a gun, and not just the gun.

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I've personally always thought the HA Bee mold looked like crap, especially compared to Deluxe BB Bee or even some of the other HA figures. His car mode looks great, but the rest is shit.

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
  7. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Na. Not a fan of the black. Unless its a different character...

I'll stick with my (leg swapped) ROTF HA BB FTW!

I even gave him HFTD BB BB's forearm guns. They peg right in with no prob!

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I missed out on the original HA 'Bee, as I hadn't hopped on the HA train back in RotF. Wishing I had gotten on sooner... while I'm cool with the yellow-on-black, I'd have preferred black-on-yellow. And clear windows.

Still, a very neat toy - certainly won't replace Roadbuster or Jazz for a top spot, but I do like him. My only real problem is that he's one-handed. That bugs me - but not as much as elbows that don't turn the right way (without wrist swivels)! Definitely puts HA Bee far above Deluxe Battle Blades Bee for me.

The eyes are a little weird, too... but not bad. And dropping the battle mask makes him look like '07 Stealth Bumblebee, which is pretty neat. :) 

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I found him at a second hand thrift shop... 25 cents. But he's missing his head, his should gun, and the gun that goes over the seat on his left arm. And his missiles...
    I actually prefer this to the original. Especially in alt form. The alt form is so slick... badass. And the robot mode is actually pretty jazzy.
    But. Here's my question... does he have a new head mold? Because, I was gonna replace his head with the originals, and the ball joints are two entirely different sizes. DOTM HA BB has a bigger ball joint on the head then ROTF HA BB. And when I look at pics, (There aren't many to use as reference, since like... no one bought DOTM BB.), the head looks different.

10. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    <----Confused. If you have both HA Bumblebees (as you're trying to switch heads, I assume you do) why would you need pics or confirmation from board members that the heads are different?

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    :) 

12. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:

Wow, sorry about that... I must have been sleepier last night than I thought. Somehow I totally skipped the first paragraph of your post! WTF? :lol 

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No problem, man. Accidents happen. XD

14. SolidSnake2017

SolidSnake2017 Well-Known Member

The head for both HA Bumblebees seem really big and silly looking. I feel like Jazz is the only HA figure that looks good to me, and he is amazing.