Dotm human alliance basics as Mech soliders?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, May 8, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

So what do you guys think about that? maybe with some repro stickers of the Mech emblem for the robots and figures I think it would be kinda interesting!

Especially the one that has the Exosuit mode, even if you just use an army of that one alone it would make for an interesting battle scene with some Prime Autobot toys on one side, Con's on another and a swarm of those Basics with the humans deco'd as Mech on another. A fantastic triple threat battle!

Just a little something I was toying with last night.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That's actually a great idea. I could totally see the Decepticons working with MECH since they both have a common enemy (Autobots). The exo-suit idea works as well. Then the smaller robots turn into weapons for the Prime Decepticon toys to use (Mechtech pegs are 5mm, right?).

Too bad that would only really work for the Decepticon figures, since only their figures look genericly militant to pass as MECH troopers. But, there's always the option of customs...

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

You may not have to do as much customizing as you think, mostly need a MECH type faction symbol to cover the standard Transformers symbols. And if the owner prefers give the human figures a standard color scheme.

I believe for the most part Sandstorm with the human repainted correctly (hair mostly) would work perfectly for Silas, especially with that head sculpt. Whirl, Backfire, and Tailpipe would work right out of the box with new faction stickers for generic MECH troopers. Icepick would work best used in a winter scene of course though.

As for the before mentioned exosuit model Thunderhead, not sure the treadwalker mode would fit the theme, very well, but the exosuit mode would be a fantastic addition to the bunch, maybe even with the colors as is, you could call it the first round prototypes while the next group of them would be the next generation models that don't need internal pilots when in a robot mode, either a mental link with the pilot or basic AI enough to preform combat, possible scavenged from any number of Eradicons. Maybe you could get away with the treadwalker mode, but personally I would skip it.

In regards to the weapon modes, I am not really 100% sure that MECH would work any closer with the 'Cons than the Autobots either way, I think (also known as hope and pray) they are gonna be an omni-antagonistic 3rd party for most of the series, I mean I REALLY hope so.. It would sure be nicer than the standard everyone always team up on the good guys cliche.. Hence might have to set aside the weapon modes till we see more of what happens with the series. We will see

Last edited: May 8, 2011