DOTM had a different editor

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 11, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    “Paul Rubell, who edited several Michael Bay movies, could not participate in the editing because of his work in Thor. He recommended to Bay his friend, William Goldenberg to fill in his place.” IMDb

I can’t be sure myself, but did anyone see a change in the editing? Less epic pans, that sort of thing?

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Word of advice, don't post info with IMDb as a source/

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    IMDB is usually fine with stuff that's been released. It's upcoming material that you shouldn't source it on.

Can't say I picked up on the difference though.

4. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i'm not one that notices different editing.... but it looked pretty darn good to me!

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did not notice DOTM's different editor, but I did notice DOTM's different editing.

Rarely does Micheal Bay hold a shot for more than 3 seconds. Pop in anything. ROTF, Armageddon, anything. It's "1... 2.." *cut*, "1... 2.." *cut*. Go ahead, try it. I'll wait... I'd say make a drinking game out of it, but I wouldn't want anyone to die from alcohol poisoning. :) 

That would not work in 3D unless you wanted to turn every theater screening DOTM into a "vomitorium". People's eyes need more time than that the process the effect and the cuts at the same time, so when I watched DOTM I noticed several longer 6-7 second shots. It's totally noticeable to one who notices such things, but if one didn't notice the car chase recycled shots from The Island, one probably didn't see a difference in the cutting, either.