DOTM Game. Is it Worth Buying?Small spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, May 24, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Presuming that the DOTM Game will cost the usall game price, I am not sure that the game will be worth buying.
    The reason for my concern is that the game does not seem to have much of a story since it is about trying to stop Megatron from reviving Shockwave who we already know is going to be in the movie. I thought Shockwave might have a plot that he tries to carry out or he might start the DOTM plot but it seems his plot will be to unleash the Driller. Wave won't start the movie plot because they do not want to spoil anything.

All the emptiness of the game plot plus the fact that the game controll and all that are directly taken from WFC the game seems like it might not be worth buying unless it is cheap or you have nothing els to spend your money on.

Also I was working on the thread title, when I accidently pushed enter forgetting you can't do that on the title. So if you have a problem with that, sorry.

2. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Itll be the best transformers game thus far, hows it not worth a standard price for a game?

3. cnic

cnic Decepticon

What he said!

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'll let you know once I get it.

5. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure it'll be at leeeeeeeast a 7. Maybe more, but I expect official reviews to knock it down some points simply because it's a movie game, so don't be too swayed by official reviews. I think ROTF got like a 6 or 7 in most outlets, and I thought that was the best TF game up to that point in time. I suggest you rent it, decide if you like it, and then buy it.

Me though? I'm buying it day one, because I think it looks great.

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    ......So your complaining that the video game for a Michael Bay movie is going to not have a good story and thats gonna make you not buy the game....Ok LOL

7. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhhhh, don't believe these kind of comments, we won't know till it comes out.

But I wouldn't buy it on release, I'm renting it.

I'm sure WFC will remain the best TF game.

8. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    The graphics don't look amazing but if it plays like WFC then... I'm buying it!

9. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

not the best place to ask. too many hardcore fans that will overlook flaws.

10. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the reviews. More exited for WFC 2, but I'll definitely give it a chance.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll let you know if it's worth it or not when it comes out. :thumb 

And how, exactly, do you know this?

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Normally I would wait for the reviews, but since I'm so keen to get it and it's got the same controls as WFC, then I cannot wait any longer. I've already preordered my copy, along with the novel and I'm far too excited to hold it in anymore. Spoilers or no spoilers! The temptation is killing me!

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um, no. A lot of us play the games and even though we're TF fans we still acknowledge any issues and problems the games have. So yes, it's a perfectly fine place to ask.

As for the complaint about the story, you're really saying a downside is that it's not gonna follow the movie story? Cause that's a huge plus. I'd rather play a game that doesn't try to follow and condense a movie's plot and instead acts like a branch-off that takes place before or after.

WfC was well recieved, with the only main issue being that a lot of people were having MP connection issues. If that's fixed somewhat I doubt it'll get bad word of mouth.

14. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I'll get the game, simply because I'll be in a super frenzy about the film coming out the week after so I will need a fix :D 

Also, it will be nice to know the story in the game as it leads up to the film. Might be some nuggets in there.

15. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

I will get it simply because....well im assuming you can play as movie
    Megatron
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Starscream
    Laserbeak

Mirage
    Wheeljack
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Optimus

16. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    Wow a lot of negative comments in this thread, its a freakin game, chill out.

I know this because it is an updated version version of the wfc engine. Graphically improved, gameplay improved and high moon have also said they looked ay data from wfc and have improved the online.

It is also a prequel to dotm, an original story, so wether it is a better story than wfc is debateable. Anyway it will technically better the best tf game to date