DOTM game interview 1

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cyber-Scream, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  3. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
  4. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

cool! i cant wait to get this game!

5. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

So I got it, and Have only three problems thus far.

1.) No goddamn double jump! however, If you make a Game that doesn't require it, Then you don't need it. I just find my self trying to double jump a lot and getting no where. D'oh!

2.) Online level up is REALLY FAST! My levels after 2.5 hours of online: 10, 13, 9, and 10. I call that fast. I don't expect any experience gaining event weekends. They made me feel, I don't know, Special!

3.)Leaders (namely Megatron) are Slow and awkward in my opinion. I would rather use a skill upgrade for something other than leg servos, like quicker regeneration or steadier aim.

On a lighter note tough, Your weapons in Stealth mode are pretty damn Strong from what I can tell!

Not that anyone cares, just thought I'd mention.

6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    We care. :)  That's some good info. It's pretty cool to know things hands-on.

7. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    I'm not picking this up until it drops in price at Amazon. I already got burned by the first two movie games. Granted, ROTF was a bit better.

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Except, isn't this one more based off of WFC in playstyle? I mean, I hope it's not that short, but it was a hell of a lot more fun than either of the movie games.

9. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And us in the UK get stiffed again, we won't get it till the 24th... It sucks!

10. rasky

rasky Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is there an escalation mode? That's what I played the most on WFC.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Sean, please tell you we can play as Bonecrusher, Mixmaster and Scrapper..

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    He can't hear you.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I hope, if it does, it has replay value after getting all the relevant achievements/trophies. My buddies and I dropped WFC's Escalation entirely once we had 'em all - it just wasn't fun any more.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :D 

15. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

Sorry, no escalation mode either. }:\ The game is still good though! I am Really enjoying it. And I'm pretty sure that the achievements/ trophies for high score during the campaign levels can only be done on hard mode. Food for thought. (energon goodies)

16. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

17. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Campaign mode was fun but felt a bit short, like WFC. Some really awesome moments and overall very fun like WFC. It's too bad you can't replay as different characters, but most of the missions are solo missions anyway playing to the character's various strengths. Some parts (like the menu system, the lack of more than 3 multiplayer modes) feel like they just didn't have as much time to put as much stuff as WFC.

Still, multiplayer is just as much if not more fun than WFC, and campaign is cool too. I recommend it!

Also, I'm happy for the guys celebrating "ship day", but this game has been in stores since yesterday....

18. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Sean Miller is a cock. WFC was decent, but imo this feels like a cheap version of that, because that's exactly what it is. A rushed retool.

IMO ROTF is all around a better game. Sure that game had it's problems, but if you could get the hang of the controls, there were some truely amazing things to pull off. I did, and loved every second of Multiplayer and campaign. I loved all the different melee attacks you could pull of in that game, versus just click R3 to melee COD style. Why does every game have to be a COD copycat? This game (and it's admittedly better big brother WFC) decided to take away everything you could naturally do as a TF in ROTF, without using your special. I hate how in this game hovering or dashing is a special move of the transformer, instead of being a natural ability. It's like taking away their god given abilities, to PUSH diversity. You can't even scale up buildings in this sorry sack of shit. I loved in ROTF that you could climb straight up a building, even the tallest ones. This game basically has a bubble over most of the buildings and says "no you can't go there, even if you are a flying character." IDK, on this board I may be in the minority feeling like this. But I know as far as my clan goes, we really wish this game was more like ROTF...and I consider ourselves pretty hardcore gamers. I'm still gonna be playing this, but in a couple weeks when this game community takes a dive, I'm selling this sorry excuse for a game and playing ROTF. It's even got more playable characters, locations, and G1 skins. I'm pissed that Roadbuster, nore any of the other Wreckers are playable in this game. Oooo play through campaign to unlock Shockwave (who CANT transform) and Ratchet for MP. Come on High Moon, WFC was no ROTF (and in some ways better and some ways worse), but it was a better experience than this piece of crap. I'm gonna end my rant now, I've still gotta rant on my game boards, and find some way to contact High Moon...but does anyone else feel cramped in this game? I feel like it's a clostrophobic TF game for crying out loud. Granted the robots are on earth again, but damn...earth was implimented waaayyy better in ROTF.

19. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

I got my copy on launch day.

While I loved WFC there was alot of annoying things that I was hopping it would be addressed here and it wasnt(like a real cover system), infact theres less options, so it feels like a stripped down WFC..
    like no co-op
    no escalation (IMO one of the most creative wave modes made in any shooter to date)
    no double jump, or airflips for scout cars (maybe its an upgrade?)
    none of the weapons feel like they have any real punch (aside from sniper)

some levels look nice though,
    Not all, the very first level with bumblebee looked like an xbox level, but Ironhide, and soundwaves level looked incredible

the game is a bit buggy,( I flew off the map as lazerbeak) and the AI is dumber than before.(alot of times the heavies stand in place waiting to get shot.

also I dont like playing in MP and seeing 3 primes, and 2 megs.. I really liked what they did before, but Im sure theyve locked away all the extra characters in yet another DLC

20. Rodimus 75

Rodimus 75 Well-Known Member

it definitely feels like a stripped down version of WFC. its an ok game, but not worth 60 bucks. i ended up getting Alice: madness returns for $25 on amazon and this at full price. i really feel it should have been the other way around. i'm used to movie games being a bit lackluster because they are pushed out so fast, but this game seems like they didn't spend much time on it. the graphics are not up to snuff. not what they could be for this gen of consoles. the stealth controls are ok, the driving controls are very weak imo. you have to hold down the (on xbox 360) left trigger while in stealth mode, to turn into car mode. then steer with the right stick. which really is just aiming where the car can go with the camera.
    very awkward.