DOTM Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by opt1musaber, Jul 27, 2012.

1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I just opened up Leader Ironhide and Sentinel and I have to admit the packaging is so frustrating to open...Ye, it's a bunch of tape and twisty ties holding them down, BUT the amount of tape used WOW :thumbdown 

Just thought I'd put it out there for any of you collectors that like to keep everything in good condition, these are a pain in the ass just to open....Sentinel had tape holding the innertray to the outer box WTF! Not only were they pain in the ass to open, but the QC on Ironhide was lacking. It had lots of visible scratches on the front hood of the car mode. Nice figure, but bummed by the scratches. I also noticed that the Box for Ironhide had pieces of the packaging that were supposed to be trimmed off but weren't done properly. It felt quite cheap tbh. The packaging from DOTM is a huge step down from the ROTF leader figures.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    X-Acto knives ftw.

3. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a hobby knife right here for when I open things, however I keep the ties and don't cut them, so the knife is good for the tape and what not.

The QC on a lot of TF's are bad, I just got a MISB HA HFTD Jazz and it came out of box on the back end by the spoiler, with scratches, and not light ones, there were several big ones. You just couldn't see them at the angle your looking at it in the box.

The QC on my Ironhide, sucked, but, I won't complain too much as long as it works decently esp since I got it for $17 MISFUB FU = F***ed Up. The box it's self had holes in it, and flaps come off and all types of crap but the figure was in good shape except for the floppy legs and other general QC issues.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Scratches are a real problem lately on Transformers - I also hate it when something's been over-sprayed and they someone hacked the paint of with a knife in a very cack-handed manner.

I think some factory must be not very clean as that level of scratches was never a problem before.

And I use a Clutch-Knife to open toys (like you might use to cut fishing line). ideal for cutting around the tape to get the tays out so you can undo the twist ties.

I find Botshot a royal pain to get out of the packaging the twist ties around the arms is a complete bu**er.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Try being someone that keeps all the packaging in as best condition as possible when getting a figure out in order to later repack it MIB for storage after it's done being on display (boxed figures obviously, not carded, unless they're in some of those resealable DotM Cyberverse cards). Thought they were hard/frustrating to get out? Try putting them back in (almost) as if they'd never been opened.
    I honestly don't know why I put myself through it sometimes. Reboxing that Piranacon reissue was a friggin' nightmare.