DOTM DVD to be loaded with deleted scenes?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fitch, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Dark Of The Moon DVD Will Be Loaded With Deleted Scenes - CinemaBlend.com

Very few people leave a Transformers film wanting more footage. The average run-time for Michael Bay’s robo-carnage operas is 150 minutes. The idea that Bay could possibly have “deleted scenes” for a DVD release of his films is laughable, as the director seems to include everything but the kitchen sink on screen. Heck, he even recycles footage from his previous films. What could Bay possibly have left on the cutting room floor?

Well, lots, if Dark of the Moon leading man Shia LaBeouf is to be believed. The actor, who has filmed three Transformers films back-to-back, tells MTV News that the upcoming DVD release for the sequel will have boatloads of extra scenes, though we should expect to hear more improvised banter between Bay’s Oscar-caliber actors instead of additional scenes with battling ‘bots.

"Because we're 3-D, you're shooting digital all the time. The beauty for us is, let's say I'm doing a scene with [John] Malkovich or Frances [McDormand] or [Patrick] Dempsey or even Rosie [Huntington-Whiteley] -- we'd just riff. You've got hours and hours of all that ... where you're just riffing and ad libbing and trying to come up with lines," said LaBeouf.

Ah, the dreaded act of coming up with lines. Isn’t that what the screenplay is for? And did anyone walk away from Dark of the Moon thirsting for more of Ehren Kruger’s dialogue? No. You want more Autobot-on-Decepticon mayhem. Yet those digitally-enhanced action sequences cost serious bucks, and so it’s likely Bay put al of those in the finished product and left out things that help ground a sci-fi thriller. You know, like conversation, character development and plot twists. There’s no date set for a Dark of the Moon DVD, though if I had to guess, I’d say Paramount would have it in stores in time for the December holidays.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I love the impartiality of the writers [mainly when they absolutely forget the concept of "plot twist"].

But that's awesome, maybe we'll have more SHOCKWAVE and the have the Twins back [no, seriously, I want to see Sentinel killing them].

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Please, please, please be a deleted scene... please.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *person pops in Blu-Ray*

Fan: OHMYGODICANTWAITTOSEEALLTHEDELETEDSCENESANDALLTHEMISSINGBOTSCENESWEDESERV-

*Deleted Scenes menu comes up with sequence titles:

-Sam and Carly discuss their future
    -Sam talks with his parents (extended)*

Fan: ...WHAT THE F-!?

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    While it's probably unlikely we get any additional Transformer scenes, I keep thinking back to that Empire Magazine cover with both Primes. Knowing what we do know, that wasn't a still from the movie - that was rendered specifically for that cover. So maybe there's more stuff kicking around, hopefully.....

6. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

you know, every time i see a deleted scene i think, yeah i would have cut that too.
    anyho, it had me until it said they woudln't be of bots.

7. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    That sounds more like a Blooper reel to me.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

More Jerry Wang and Dutch please.

9. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

There might be some animatics of alternate robot footage kicking around, but I very strongly doubt there's any actual deleting scenes with any kind of special effects in. They only render stuff when it is 100% for the final cut, otherwise they're just pouring money down the drain.

Common sense really!

10. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I hope it's not like those "Deleted Scenes" from ROTF. Those were lame. There was some humor, but why would you want humor when you could have more scenes with bots? I'd like to see more of what happened in Chernobyl between Optimus and Shockwave.

11. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I was wondering that myself..maybe when that came out Sentinel wasn't a villain and it got changed? Can't remember how long ago that issue came out though.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It was probably a specially made promotional still and not a screencap of a cut scene.

13. Laughing Man

Laughing Man Not crossing the streams.

News Credits:
  14. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    How about in the beginning with Starscream shooting down the Ark and Optimus calling out to him to face him, Or the alternative "Ending" or even the fight with Optimus and Shockwave we see in the Burger King Commercial...How about that Paramount! BLU-Ray extended all the way!!

We dont need more footage of Carly's butt or of Sam's Boss or of Simmons ass or of Wang's wang!!

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or the twins sacrificing themselves

it's weird...portray the twins in ROTF as nitwit (some people say racist) idiots, almost as an African American charicature, but cut them when they are mature and lay down their lives courageously for others, no we wouldn't want that now would we.

16. Laughing Man

Laughing Man Not crossing the streams.

News Credits:
    I agree, how hard would it have been to show the twins getting blasted? People probably would've cheered....

17. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Yeah, that's probably true.

18. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    The fight in the burger king commercial between Shockwave and Optimus wasn't in the movie. The burger king commercial showed Shockwave actually advancing on prime pushing him back while swinging at him mele style. Hopefully that will make the cut.

19. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed. Usually, deleted Bayformers scenes are more human scenes. Bay uses up all the robot footage.

20. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

Yes, the way the Chernobyl scene ended was weird, Shockwave goes "Optimus!" and suddenly he´s going underground again, wtf?, i think there´s a battle between him and Optimus but he´s forced to retreat.