dotm deluxe soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thunder2000, Jul 23, 2011.

1. thunder2000

thunder2000 Member

News Credits:
    Seen a lot of threads about the HA Soundwave but nothing on the deluxe version, so I thought I'd start one myself.

From the pic we've seen (and hopefully they put one on display on the show floor) I really like Soundwave's design and scale; of course the mechtech is a little on the large side but it also show off something great: Soundwave has shoulder mechtech ports! which means you can mount deluxe Laserbeak!! for that reason along am I going to get the deluxe LB figure.

I really can't wait for him,

2. -User deleted-

-User deleted- alias 'Fujiwara'

Yeah I think he looks great. But he is very mistransformed on the shoulders.
    The MechTech-gun looks great too, like in the movie. But:

Deluxe Soundwave + deluxe Laserbeak = nonsense, Laserbeak is much to big
    for the little deluxe Soundwave. Can't wait to see more pics of him!

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he looks awesome! I really love his vehicle mode, and his robot mode looks decent too. I think that his vehicle mode, especially in silver, looks a bit too heroic for a villain, however. The shape and colors make it seem like a car James Bond would drive (the shape is overall pretty reminiscent of Aston Martins, and many of his cars were silver). I'm planning to make the main Soundwave figure into an Autobot by giving him Autobot Reprolabels and a new head. I'll use the inevitable G1 repaint as Soundwave in my collection.

4. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I like this figure a lot. I am not a huge movie figure fan, but I enjoy the Wreckers, Sideswipe, and Soundwave. I am actually hoping for a legion class or commanders class cyberverse laserbeak to go along with him.

5. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact he seems to have a cape-type back kibble :(  (like Roadbuster and Vehicon), but I need to see him in real photos to evaluate it :) 

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Definitely looking forward to seeing more pics, although I've already decided I'm getting him. From the initial pics, I thought the deluxe looked better than the HA version so I'm hoping to like him even more after seeing new pics, which is what happened with HA SW.

7. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

As someone who doesnt like having multiple molds of the same character this deluxe fully justifies never having picked up ROTF sound wave. this looks gorgeous so far and like others i really really hope we get cyberverse Laserbeak so that he can perch on this guys shoulder whilst First Encounter Frenzy and HFTD legends Ravage sit at his sides...thats looking really good in my head right now.....

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    They aren't the same mold. They're the same character. A mold refers to the toy design in itself, for example, Sideswipe and Strike Mission Sideswipe are the same mold, but Sidearm is a completely different mold. All three are the same character however.

9. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I think that is his point. He doesnt want the ROTF Soundwave mold.

10. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

i am aware what a mold is :)  what i was saying is i don't like having multiple toys of the same character be they new molds, repaints or retools: i prefer to wait a while and get the best representation of that one character for display without owning other variants that i don't like

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Im with on that, I never picked up ROTF SW since I just couldn't get myself to like the figure. I was really hoping TF3 would have a better representation of SW than TF2, and I'm glad I waited.

I also agree on the legends Laserbeak, that'd be awesome to have along with ROTF legends Ravage and deluxe SW.

12. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    He looks pretty boss. I'm kinda worried though. He has a huge ass MechTech weapon, so I hope he's not really tiny.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He looks pretty good, I really like his weapon, and he's one of the very few remaining DotM figures I'll be getting (EVAC, Starscream, and Megatron are the only other three on the list, lol).

14. Grimkid

Grimkid Well-Known Member

I'll be getting both deluxe and HA versions...and I'm pretty excited for both

15. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

I really liked Soundwave's design in dotm and I'm really looking forward to the deluxe and HA. But does anyone else feel the deluxe is better proportioned then the HA? The HAs legs look too skinny for the big upper body to me.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Oh, alright then. It's just that it's a pretty common mistake around here, but reading that again, he clearly said multiple molds, which I mistook for multiples of the same mold. My bad.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Same here. I'm also going to get the Cyberverse Soundwave, as well.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I can definitely say that the Deluxe version got the better photo shoot.

19. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might pass on HA SW,still on the fence. Im most certainly goin to get this version 5x.
    1-package
    1-self custom paint
    1-for my son
    1-turn autobot (Prowl,Jazz??etc.)
    1-repaint

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't have much space left on my movie shelf but there is space reserved dlx Soundwave and at least one Autobot dlx - thinking it will be Dino/Mirage but could also be Wheeljack if he turns out better.