DOTM Deluxe Crankcase (Dread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    youre welcome.

im not incompetent, thats what i chose to do either like or dont. or contribute if you feel you can do better. but this is a review of the toy not my chose of photograhpy.

so please go do something i am sure i would consider you to be incompetent at.

2. Dustinticon

Dustinticon Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll call them Scourge(pincers facing down like bat wings), Reflector(No visible pincers), and Shrapnel(pincers facing inward like a stag beetle) so they could have the army builders of G1 into the movie.

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

This thing looks ******ed. Why would I want a deluxe truck that is smaller than a deluxe car from the first and second movie? When it comes to the classics line I'll give the size scale a pass because classics gives us characters I have a vested interest in, however I think the transformers in the movies look ******ed for the most part. Even more so this movie. This whole line is mostly a pass for me so far.

4. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Um...Vangelus does, and btw I think it looks fine, the backdrop has a reflective quality which provides good lighting.

I'm on board with the rest of everyone that says that this is one of the DOTM toys they'll actually pick up.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    the biggest thing I'm noticing about the new movie toys, is that they have really gone out of the way to reduce kibble, which I really like.

Might pick this guy up, there is definitely something appealing about him

6. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    Crankcase? Crotchface? Coincidence? Really makes you think...

Like him a lot. I too will prob 86 the claws, maybe adapt them as arm weapons. Def getting at least two.

Shame the DOTM toys seem to be smaller than their respective previous toy classes. This Deluxe, for example, is pretty small compared to Dlx Barricade. And DOTM Voy Megatron is small compared to ROTF Mixmaster, who was pretty small to start with. Stupid oil prices.

7. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i'm not the only one who wants to cut the dreads?

maybe he should keep the dreads, and maybe I should give him a rasta hat with a fat spliff.

8. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

the size doesn't bother me actually...he's gonna look good with rotf breakdown and dead end.

9. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Cool but the alt mode isn't in scale I might not buy.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm getting this. No question.

But I'm cutting those deadlocks off.

11. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Thats one cool damned figure. Consider it purchased. Love the whole "Bat motif" its got going on, and dreadlocks on a transformer is fucking epic.

12. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Other than the head sculpt, looks like big crap to me.

Edit: And P.S., I don't see how dreadlocks on a TF is in any way cool. Let me guess, they have Caribbean accents and act like stoned out gangsters too? Maybe they should form a club with Jar-Jar and Skids and Mudflap.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Wait a minute...*squint*...Are his dreads ammo belts? I think they are.
    A transformer with ammo belts for dreadlocks...That is awesome. :lol 

I hope I'm not the only one who just noticed that now.

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree completely. He would look awesome without the dreadlocks. Dreadlocks off, kibble off, mech tech removed and this is one awesome figure.

Only worth buying if your customising it

15. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Wow,I really like this design.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh. Just ugh.

Mech Tech...I have yet to see one that is any good. Even Megatron's Mech Tech gun doesn't look very good, but at least I can stomach that one. What the HELL kind of weapon is this supposed to be? It's just beyond ridiculous...

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm liking the way the dreadlocks hang. Usually with this kind of thing you wind up with half of them sticking up in the air and refusing to stay down.

18. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap - didn't expect to want very many from this last movie, but this guy looks too evil to pass up!

19. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well go on then, no one's stopping you.

This is the last time I'll say this, you don't like the mech-tech, don't bloody use it.

Anyhoos, onto Crankcase himself, I happen to think he's pretty frickin awesome, he's a little small for sure, but I'll display him with my Scout class cars

20. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe Hasbro has started a new initiative to reduce the size of the figures (think classics Starscream) to reduce material use while emphasizing on their capability to squeeze in as much detail as possible in that space for maximum value. You might find that the TFs to be released in the next 3-5 years will be much smaller than what we have so far from the movie line, but the details on them will be amazing if not more so.

It's a natural strategy for the company I guess, in reaction to rising oil prices and manufacturing costs. So for all those harping on the smaller size, take comfort that the future figures will be *kinda* in scale will crankcase here, while the older figures you have will be 'obsoletely' chunky-large.

I have a rant though. I'd always thought giant pincers = Insecticon! Colour me disappointed.

Edit:
    I guess the Mechtech line is supposed to be a blend of Energon weapons + Automorph/MechAlive. The new figures are designed to standalone and look good without MT weapons, but if kids want to play kick-ass with giant, animated guns they could. Hence I agree with sarnian, you don't like it, don't use it. Hasbro designs for kids, we are just a richer, older audience who bitches more but we're not the main group they pander to.

On the other hand, MT is new technology, and we can expect improvements to come about in the next few iterations. Details will be finer, silhouettes sleeker, morphing more effective. Ain't that something to look forward too?
    Think 2007 Starscream -> ROTF Voy Starscream -> LEADER Starscream.