DotM Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Haven't really seen much conversation on this topic, so decided to start a thread about it. See what people think. I've gathered from the different sets of listings we've gotten, and have grouped together all the "Cyberverse" listings I could find.

TF3 Cyberverse Basic Asst
    TF3 Cyberverse Plus Asst
    TF3 Cyberverse Commander Asst
    TF3 Cyberverse Legion Asst
    TF3 Cyberverse Ark Set

We know that one of these listings (probably the Basic asst.) is normal Legends class figures (going off of the packaging samples we saw a while back).

Seems like the Legends class is expanding quite a bit for the new movies line. In addition to the normal Legends, we'll also be getting Legends that come with a bigger vehicle that turns into a base and a weapon (we've seen a picture of one of these already).

I've also heard that there's going to be larger sized Legends, and we've seen one of these already (the new Prime Legends class figure wit the jet-pack thing).

I'm assuming that the larger one's (like the new Prime one) are the Plus asst., and that the one's with the bigger vehicle are going to be the Commander asst. Honestly not sure what the Legion asst. will be like.

The Ark set is pretty self explanatory. Should be a set of Legends figures of the bots found on the Ark.

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I'm actually more excited for what they do with Cyberverse than the "core" line. With increasing prices across the board, I'm rather surprised it took Hasbro this long to revisit the micro Transformer play pattern we got in the final years of G1.

I'm one of several fans who came into the brand in its final years, so seeing this play pattern brings back fond memories, and like Powercore and combiners, it will probably end up the ONLY way we get decent City bots again.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thinking back about the leaked Bumblebee toy, I bet we will see Prime with a scale trailer at one of these prices (probably Commander).

5. Steevy Maximus

News Credits:
    Guess Hasbro has given me solid reasons to keep getting the G1 Legends :p 

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    definitely the thing that interests me the most out of all the new movie stuff

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really looking forward to this:
    Hasbro is experimenting with playsets for transformers
    Extra price points give a better sense of scale
    focusing on smaller toys is a good idea in this economy.
    This gives legends more purpose and feel less tacked on
    We get a freaking ARK!!!!!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would be interesting. Though now that we've got even more info, and know that the vehicles/bases/turrets from that assortment are going to combine with each other to form something, I'm not so sure a Prime with a traler in the same assortment would be likely.

While it's going to be the movie-verse Ark, I can definitely see pretty much any Legends class figure we've gotten since they size-class was first introduced during Cybertron would look pretty much at-home with it.

Part of me is hoping that this play set does so well that they give us more similar sets in the figure. There's always the movie-verse Nemesis they could make so that the con's have their own ship. Would be epic if this stuff eventually lead into non-movie-verse play sets. Like the G1 Ark and Nemesis, the Beast Wars ships (can't remember their names), the TFP "Nemesis", and my personal favorite, the underwater Predacon base from RID (can't remember if it had a name or not).

9. Steevy Maximus

News Credits:
    Of course if they did the ships, they would have to do Beast Wars characters in Legends size

Which would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!

10. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    I can't wait for some pictures. Toy fair needs to get here soon.

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    This is definitely intriguing since I decided a while back that I would only stick with small stuff for DOTM.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Given the revelation of the Ark playset, and the vast expanding of the legends class, I'm really hoping that the "Wreckers" get two different Legends figures. The regular-NASCAR one we've seen is nice, but I'm hoping they'll also give us the ubber-armed versions of them at this scale. If not, oh well. I'll just have other bots defending the Ark.

Been thinking about the figure the Ark is going to come with, and I think there are a couple different bots it could be. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee wouldn't be out of the question. Although given the teaser trailer, I think Sentinel Prime is the most likely option.