DOTM Cyberverse Target Exclusive 2-Pack LEADFOOT and IRONHIDE

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KingStyle, Jun 23, 2011.

1. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys this is the first time I've ever done something like this, so hopefully its not terrible. :D 

First we have them in alt mode

[​IMG]

Excellent detail on Leadfoot, as the car looks fantastic in this mode. On the other hand the redeco of Ironhide is also great with the metallic paint, Cybertronian tattoos and extra detail on his guns (which are also a darker gray than the original Ironhide).

[​IMG]

The paint itself isnt too bad for the size of the figure and amount of detail that is going on. The graphics on the car are easily readable, as well as crisp which is a nice tough, but the detail is amazing for such a small car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now in robot mode he is very strumpy looking, which his chest taking most of his proportion. Thats a shame, but it should be noted that this figure is more akin to a Legends style figure with the transformation taking maybe 10 seconds. The only articulation he has are the shoulder joints, his wrists move in and out (mainly for transformation). He does have ball jointed hips as well as hinged knees but thats it. It should be also be noted that the section his arms attach to is very thin, and on mine the ball joint was VERY tight and it sometimes felt as though I could snap that section off. I will be keeping this in alt mode, however as I feel it just looks too good in that mode not to.

Scale wise they did a great job on him I think. Compared to the other figures here he falls in line as to where I think he will be when the movie comes out.

[​IMG]

Ironhide is probably my new favorite figure of this line. The amount of detail in the paint apps is incredible to me. Here's a comparison of the original and the repaint.

[​IMG]

First the blue is just great to me, and I really like the color of the guns as well as the paint apps inside the cannon. Note there is also more paint detail in the bumper that is missing from the original. Silver colored guns vs plain gray ones is also a nice touch.

[​IMG]

The detail looks a lot better here, there are a few spots where they didnt put AS much as the original like on the legs, hands or the autobot logo, but I think overall Hasbro did a great job on this repaint that actually makes it better to me than the original.

Lastly here is a shot of all of them in alt mode for some scale.

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You make it sound like Leadfoot lacks articulation for a legends size toy. Only maybe one (or two at the most) other legend toy has more articulation than him (Warpath). In fact, some might consider his wrist movement to be articulation (I don't), putting him on par with Warpath. Either way, he meets the standards of legend toys. I'm glad he has knee articulation at all. Look at Topspin...

I agree with his shoulder ball joints being too tight. The single card version of Leadfoot I have has much looser shoulders, but no where near floppy.

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea...I seen the blue and wished I waited on the black one...the blue looks fantastic in person...and the cannon...shit...looks great

4. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found the single packaged Leadfoot today and.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]