DOTM Cyberverse Starscream with Space Carrier

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, May 7, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok...This was the 2nd one I opened. I tend to save the "best for last"
    In the package, this is SOOO baddass looking. Cmon..a "throne room for Scream or Megatron..a SPACE CARRIER?!?!?! and an attack ship?!?!?! Take my money...

I love stuff like this, and in the package, it is SOO incredible looking. At first glance Starscream looks to be a supierior mold than ROTF Legends.

Then I pull it outta tha box...

What the Sam hill?!?!?

I immidiatly notice, parts are VERY loose. On Starscream, and on his cruiser. I call it like I see it, and I got some SERIOUS QC issues here. so bad in fact it just will not hold the correct form for one of the modes. That said, I love the look, the concept, and everything about it. But I think I got a bad one. When these are released, I will return this one in hopes of getting a good tight one.

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-07
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok...Lets start with Starscream. Im sure im in the minority, but I LOVE the BayScream. Great look. Is the DOTM cyberverse, better than ROTF Legends..hmmm..not sure. Probably...but im still pissed everything loose, so keep in mind Im kinda pissed while typing this.
    Starscream is slightly larger in both modes. The jet mode does NOT look as flashy as the 5 pack ROTF version. but DOTM is more..er..correct to the plane I would say.
    Robot mode is nice...but mine has a ton of loose joints out da box. Yes..did I mention im a bit pissed? Check. Ok..Scream can hold his weapon, rediculous?? SURE! but he CAN do it..DOTM:CV starscream is looks more like the movie version in some ways, and is a better figure, but I dont like the wings facing the wrong way, and the arms are as loose as ROTF Scream that my son has played with for a year now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Attack Cruiser mode is SICK lookin'. WOW. when it in the box, it is impressive. Has some guns that pop up, (or in my case pop RIGHT OFF if you look at them) it is unmistakably cybertronian...I LOVE it...
    EXCEPT..the sides and guns. The sides are hinges with a metal pin, and they are so loose I cannot get then to stay in the up position. Its pretty damn pathetic.
    If it werent for the QC, I would looooove this thing. Starscream can "land" or "dock" in the bottom for storage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BATTLE BASE: Or as I call it, the Throne room. It just looks like the spot the bad guys dreams up his villanry.. Once again..sides cant hold them selves up, so your NOT seeing the mode as protrayed in the instructions.
    SOOO much detail here. The platform SC stands on is cantelevered so when you pull it up, it pops up on hinges. Guns should pop UP...but once again..they pop OFF. At first glance, some may say this is the dumb mode..NOPE..its just awesome. This sits on my boys shelf, and it looks like a scene in a movie..very...very...impressive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The detail on these thrusters alone is worth buying for customisors, to make as the engines on starscreams back in the movie..They are kick ass, and look great.

SPACE CRUISER/CARRIER: YES...THIS is why I wanted this one sooo bad. the carrier looked really cool in pics. Im a fan of "space carriers" in anime..all that. You move a few parts, Viola..its a carrier. It looks the part, and looks great. StarScream looks killer ON it..unfortunatly I can find a way he "lock in" on top to fly it around with out him just falling off the damn thing..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One flaw with the carrier mode, is when the sides are folded down, Starscream CANNOT fit in the bottom docking area. Just wont work. I would have bought another Starscream, just to have one in there, and one on top. It dosent give you the same streamlined carrier feel when you fold the sides up so he fits in there.....too bad. and the fact that SC cant "lock" on top some how is a drag, unless im missing it.

The weapon Starscream comes with is pretty sweet, and can work with HA basics, and any other cyberverse sets.
    [​IMG]

Im not a "take it back guy"..I usually bite the bullet with whatever toy I buy, blaming myself for not reading reviews if not happy. This is different. EVERYTHING is sooo loose, and floppy, I will return it in hopes it was just mine.

If you wanna roll the dice on a floppy figure and cruiser, BUY THIS. if not, wait for more reports to see if it was just mine. This one has soo much potential, its a no brainer. The cruiser looks great in attack mode. I think the price is right on with these, and like BumbleBees APC, they all have multiple points to link stations together...

CYBERVERSE IS ALL WIN. I love everthing I see with this stuff so far. Cant wait for the rest. Im buying cyberverse stuff first. The deluxes and voyagers can wait. They will be SOO plentiful and soo many repaints, Ive learned to chill on buying all those when they first come out, otherwise I end up with 3-4
    Of the same deluxe in differnet colors. These are $15 for the set. I recommend them both, and I hope to hear from some of you to see if you have the same QC issues as mine.

2. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I grew up with the Micromasters, so this whole line definitely appeals to me.

I really like the lower storage bay. That ship'll go great with Tidal Wave.

3. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES! the lower storage bay is just a great addition to a "space carrier" where one can land in the bottom, and the other launches from the top. I can picture an elevator like a real carrier...

it just SUCKS Starscream wont fit in there with the sides folded down. If you flip the sides up he will fit, but then you loose the slender carrier look.

Hopefully there is a decepticon version of the Ark playset and it is a large carrier version of this.

4. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

I plan on purchasing a mini fleet of these suckers. Thanks for the review and comment. I hate to hear of the QC issues and just hope it's yours. Sorry and thanks all the same.

5. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I could definitely see a Nemesis playset in the future.

Meanwhile, I want either a Flattop or Broadside (or both?) repaint of this toy.

6. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No need for sorrys, sir..

Im glad to hear im not the only one diggin these. Of course my son loves em.

Im really interested to find out if I got a bad one, or if thats just "what it is"
    If these are ALL like mine, expect to hear from tons of people, "so much coolness, and potential, but its a loose floppy mess.."

I hope thats not the case..but its hard for me to imagine that my Starscream, AND the carrier are both bad. I would think it'd be one or the other...

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks better in your pics then any other images I've seen. Can you link up BBs base with this one?

8. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES!

And there are multiple points of link on each one.

Example: BBs APC has a link on each side of the nose of the truck, and when it is Base mode, there is a link on the arm that supports the main gun.

Starscreams is the same, links on each side of the thrusters, and a link ontop of each thruster. It looks like a standard 5mm clip on point, but im pretty sure its for linking, because when you put them on a table, and see that all these link points are at the same height, you can see where you can link them together.

There is some serious potential to make some big cool Bases/HQs when linked with other sets, and the Ark...

Hopefully the other decepticon sets make use of the Throne when they are linked...I see SO much potential here...

9. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got a pic? :) 

10. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, Mabye Ill do some pics with all the link points ive found..Ill do em in a bit

11. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet thanks. I don't really care for that "Throne mode" or whatever. but the other two modes are sweet. I'm just going to get these things so my Minicons will have places to chillax

12. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright,
    As you can see, when these are in a "base mode" of some kind, there are multiple points where they can link to other bases. You can tell because the links are all at a certain height, and when another base is next to it, its pretty obvious where you can..

Starscreams has 4, 2 on each side of thrusters, and two on top of the thrusters, which end up as the back...
    BB's has two one the front of the truck, and one in the very back arm for main gun.

There is a male and female thing goin on here, so there are limitations, but i dont think its that big a deal...

I Think I will pick up another SC carrier...I think it would be real cool to have 2 of these next to each other. Even BBs APC would look cool with the same one next to it...would look like a fort...

Im tryin to find pics of the Ark now, to see if I can see how many link points are on it. When its opened up I bet theres a ton. I can see getting the Ark, and a mess of these, and making a HUGE base for the smaller guys...Would be real fun.

Mind you, Thats BBs APC's gun on Screams platform, and Screams weapon on BBs main gun mount..and Preview primes weapons on Screams throne...

there is SOOOOOO much to do with these lil guys....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    win!!

14. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finally got a hold of this figure and it suffers from the same loose joints you were talking about in the review. There is no way to do the battle station mode because the side guns won't stay up. the starscream figure is also real loose too because in both modes nothing really locks in place. You just fold the pieces a certain way and hope it stays together. Regardless of the shortcomings I still love what hasbro is trying with cyberverse and I hope they keep it going into future lines.

15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well...thats a drag bro. Thats what I was afraid of. Its SUCH AN AWESOME piece, even SC is cool..but its floppy outta tha box...PATHETIC.

OK...I will work on a fix for this stuff....anyone else comes up with good fixxes lemme know! This set is just TOO GOOD...yet it has a major flaw...im sure we'll work around it..

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

So let me get this straight, it comes with a chair mode that no figure can actually sit in?

17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats just what I call it, It just reminds me of a throne.... Its "officially" called a battle platform, I believe.

But every Small, Cyberverse guy that I have, Except Starscream, Has knee articulation, so yes, some could sit there. It looks like the Megatron in this scale has knee articulation so if it does, He will be sitting there....

Mabye Ill drill a hole and make it a Cyber-shitter....I mean...They DO Have to go, right? Didnt Bee piss all over someone in one of the movies? Hopefully I can recreate "the thinker" with Megatron...

Jokes aside...Its kick ass except the floppy-ness

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:lolol 

Oh man I blew all sorts of crap out of my nose when I read that. Totally unexpected!

I didn't realise the CV figs had knee articulation though. Interesting...

19. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think some of the floppiness would be relatively easy to fix?

20. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Great pics man, too me it looks like BB and Screamer got the good stuff while Megs and Prime got shafted with their trailers lol.