DotM Cyberverse Powerglide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by fabexmax, May 4, 2011.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today, and I am pretty impressed. Will be taking him out of the package shortly, but from the look of things, I don't think he can turn his head. A little bit of a bummer, but no deal breaker! This WILL be my G1 Powerglide in my collection. Poweeeeeerglidddeeeee!!! Woo HOO. Pics to follow shortly.

2. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im going to preemptively request a pic of him next to classic bumblebee

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like one with Universe Powerglide plz

4. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyway, my Henkei Bee is outside in storage Hupla, but Cliff was around so he'll have to do. Orio I will get some better pics tomorrow with Universe PG. Pics are rushed from my iphone so bear with me...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So on to a quick review. After opening him, I will say some of the hype died down. He still is a cool homage to PG, but this figure needed to be a deluxe! Plain and simple. He is just too small in my opinion. As you can see in the pic with Cliff, CJ towers over the lil guy. And as some had speculated the head DOES NOT turn. The transformation of the front of the plane doesn't allow it.

Speaking of transformation, the plane mode by far outshines the robot mode. The alt just screams G1 Powerglide, much more than the Universe version does. Again, why oh why couldn't this have been a deluxe. The Transformation of this guy is pretty slick too. Although he resembles the A-10's from the Universe and RotF Aerialbots (comparison pics to come later) his transformation is more complex, and that's cool considering he is such a small bot. Think Breacher. One additional minor gripe I have is that the colors are more maroon than red. Powerglide was clearly a red plane, and this guy is more of the same color as Warpath instead of Universe PG's bright vibrant red.

The missle/gun gimmick (i didnt take pics of it yet) didn't come out that well to me. Once all the missiles combine it kind of looks like a...bunch of missiles stuck together to look like a gun. More details once I take pics.

Overall he's an ok figure, not as hype as I was when I saw him in package vs opening him, especially when holding him up to Cliffjumper, but some will be ok with that since he was a minicon, but for me the minicon size has been re-established due to TF CHUG, and they missed the mark on him again. Universe was too big and now DotM is too small.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  5. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    what a shame. this figure would of be nice classic for powerglide..oh well..

6. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

He looks great - Powerglide and Blackout are the two Cyberverse molds that I am really looking forward too

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Here is my take on this figure... in short... Cyberverse Powerglide could have been made perfect for this size IF its head can turn. Now it is not perfect; but better than good. For $7.99 ; it is worth the buck verses any Legend class figure.
    So... here my pictorial review... Let's go to the pictures... of its transformation... :D  (my favorite)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is 90% homage to G1... the only major difference is how the wings detached in robot mode and the attaching points are to the forearm... which works and if the wing is rotated 90degree , the missiles can be attached ; otherwise , as instruction it can hold the two weapons one of each side; or combined them into one.
    [​IMG]

Its back view...
    [​IMG]

How balance ?
    [​IMG]

It got pretty good arm articulation...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    no waist, but it can till up the upper body to make it look up.
    can also raise the chin(with the whole head), this small head could have been used with a small ball joint neck in my opinion.. (to make it perfect)
    [​IMG]
    Headsculpt, so so ..
    [​IMG]
    It got two tiny round eye balls in very light blue..
    [​IMG]
    Plain mode is AWESOME !!
    [​IMG]
    Got landing gears as well.. but its rear is too heavy, only the rear gears can touch down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  8. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome lil figure :) 

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be sure to get one when they come to town. It's one of the most satisfying-looking A-10 vehicle modes seen in a long time. Doubt it'll happen, but I'm all for this design blown up to Deluxe or maybe Voyager size (with corresponding improvements)

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Does he have a moustache?

Anyhow, I really hate those feet. Henkei Powerglide will continue to be the representation of the character in my collection.

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Great pics clonemanager. Looks like a fun little figure. Not sure if PG really fits the movie universe though.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gonna stick with my universe version

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    What a runt. Hope he looks ok dogfighting Sunspot.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow... he is tiny. I was really hoping for a more solid "scout" sized figure. Otherwise he looks great, but sometimes size really does matter. It mattered with the Universe version, it mattered with Universe Galvatron, it even mattered with Generations Windcharger, and poor Powerglide is even smaller than him!

Ah well...

zmog

15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    he looks cool, but those legs are a huge turnoff to me.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

To be fair, they're pretty accurate to the G1 toy's legs... or should I say "leg". :) 

zmog

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ...But it was Jetfire who was the 1985 Autobot with the third leg.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great with the legends, as i put deluxe bb and cj in the "oversized" minibots group with deluxe warpath, voyager seaspray and ultra pg anyways

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Excellent, he's small. That way he won't look too huge next to the rest of Cyberverse and Legends.

20. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Those feet!! What a huge turn-off on this figure. I'm also not digging that face on it... the whole robot mode has so much kibble to it, plane mode is a win! My universe Powerglide will continue to sit in my Classics...