DOTM Cyberverse Megatron - Clarification?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Urizen123, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me - apologies if this has been addressed already elsewhere!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are the Megatron figures shown in these two photos the same toy? If not, what sub-category do they both fall under? Are they both Cyberverse?

They both look much the same superficially, but the figure in the second photo appears to have slightly different paint applications, particularly on the head.

If they are both the same toy, then the most puzzling thing is the tanker portion seen on the back of the vehicle mode in the second photo. It seems to be able to detach and become weapons in robot mode, but this part appears to be completely absent from the first photo, with the full trailer taking its place.

I'm sure there's a perfectly simple explanation, but my brain just isn't working today!

:dunce 

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like the same toy to me. Probably just a difference in lighting that makes the colors slightly different.

They might just have the tankers off so people could see how it would attach.

3. Urizen123

Ok, I've found a few close-up images for comparison;

[​IMG]
    Megatron 1 (From photo with full trailer/battle station shown).

[​IMG]
    Megatron 2 (From photo without full trailer shown).

I'm sure these are two different toys. Same mold perhaps, but the paint applications are definitely different.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They are two seperate toys, however, the base Megatron figure itself is the same mold. One is a Cyberverse Commander figure (the one with just the two tank things he's holding), and the other is a Cyberverse Action Set (the one that has the bigger trailer).

The same thing is true for the two Optimus Prime's. The Commander one has a jet-pack, while the Actin Set one has the trailer.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Different molds I think. The lower arms are different.
    I think the playset version is closer to Legends Size, but the other one is closer to a Scout.

Both pretty fantastic looking though.

6. Urizen123

The lower arms appear different because the tanker portion has been detached to form weapons in robot mode. (See these photos for reference)

Also, I reckon the playset version looks far too detailed to be a Legends class.

That seems more likely. Hmm, if so, that's a bit of shame as I much prefer the colour scheme on the standalone Commander figure, but I also wanted the battle station.

Oh well, I'll just have to get both then!

:D 

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It was the silver cannisters on the elbows that threw me off. I didnt realise the other version just had his arms at a strange angle.

I thought it would be strange too, but then the Bumblebee playset looks identical to the ROTF Bumblebee legend. Is it just an upscaled version?

8. Urizen123

I'm a tad confused by this too. It seems like the playsets come with either Legends or Scout Class toys, rather than just one standard size. Is the Prime a Scout too? Hmm, I guess it makes sense for the leader characters to have bigger toys!