DOTM Cyberverse Crankcase

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Noideaforaname, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The version you don't have to worry about the fingers.

So far, Crankcase is the only Dread that transforms into the police/undercover SUV like in the movie. A bit of a shame, I love seeing how different robots transform into the same thing.
    Not much color besides the lights (the back lights are not colored), not that his alt really needs color.
    [​IMG]
    Standard size for Legends/Legion, goes great with Commander Megatron and Ironhide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His transformation is simple yet distinct, despite the typical 'front bumper chest, side door arms, rear feet' layout we get with a lot of automobile TFs.
    Note his legs:
    [​IMG]
    Cranky has odd double shins going on. The proper way to transform them is like this:
    [​IMG]

His bot mode
    [​IMG]
    ...is black. Really, really black. Could really do with some paint apps on the chest or arms.
    [​IMG]
    A shame Cranky's so dark, he has lot of nice details, particularly his face, hands (the left IS flipping the bird), and even vestigial arms!
    [​IMG]
    See?

Crankcase has decent enough articulation, and can hold weapons in his right hand, tough he doesn't come with any. Only downside is back-kibble:
    [​IMG]
    It doesn't fold down or clip onto anything. The swivel isn't loose, though, you can have it like this, flush against his back and head, or anywhere in between.
    The arm kibble could make for some mean shields.

Typical size for Legends/Legion. Again sizes nicely with Megs and IH.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pix and review! Those legs are wacky. o_O 

3. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I'm undecided on the transformation of his legs.

The "proper" way, as you call it, makes it very difficult to get him to stand, and gives him a weird stance.

Just extending it so those lower leg parts are sticking out makes him a lot easier to stand, and makes him taller.

I'm just not convinced that what you're calling the "proper way" is how he's supposed to be. It just seems too awkward in appearance and just in getting it to stand.

4. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Like it or not...It is the proper leg Transformation.

5. Necris 666

Necris 666 Deadcepticon

I really like this guy, but like the above poster mentioned, he really could have used some extra paint. But hey, thats what boring deskjobs are for :) !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for the lulz, MEXICAN STAND OFF!
    [​IMG]

6. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

I wish he was a commander so he can be the same size as Ironhide. The SUVs look better when they're bigger than the cars too.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So... Legion Crankcase is more like Crowbar... at least going by the concept art and those legs.