DOTM Cyberverse BumbleBee with APC/Battle Base

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, May 7, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what?!?!

I like small transformers. I was VERY excited when I first seen these. My Three year old and me play with lil TFs all the time. He LOVES em. He likes lil TFs more than some big ones. I tried to show him Sentinal, and he didnt care...just wanted at these small ones. Hasbro has a sure win with these.
    I have long wanted small playsets for small TFs.

NOTE: Wife took the good camera today..I post with pics from the evo..not great, but o well...

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-07
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The basic concept that im getting here, is that these have mini mechtech points and weapons and such are interchangable. Also it seems there are "interlocking points" for all these little bases to connect together. look at the front of the truck....When in various base modes, they line up with other playsets.

[​IMG]

Also all of the cyberverse that I have now, can hold something, meaning the have at least one sculpted hand to grasp, and they can also bend at the knees to actually sit; like at a command chiar at the Ark playset? I dunno, but all in all kick ass stuff here.

Scale is slightly larger than previous legends, or the same size. DOTM:CV bumblebee is slightly larger in car mode, but smaller than his ROTF legends counterpart.

Detail is what you would expect. not bad, some parts are great. The new BBs legs look killer to me. Articulation is key here. This is more of an "action figure" when in robot mode. I would have loooooooved these at 7 yrs old.

The APC/Battlebase is just STELLAR. it is a car hauler, with mini mechtek points all over it. NICE detail...it looks the part. It can hold pretty much anything in the scale. Even preview prime.

In "mobile Bunker" mode, The rear of the APC folds up, and the top becomes a mounted weapon for BB, he can hold the control stick, and it can wheel around. Its actually pretty tight looking. The drone, folds up and stores under, and when in this mode, the bottom of the drone has nice detail and looks great.
    NOTE: the jetpack/drone, and missile CAN STORE IN THE REAR OF THE APC, I LOVE how Hasbro is doing this. I will buy pretty much anything that stores its own gear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base mode1: Great little "base" structure. Has some "towers" or guns or something that pop up out of the front of the truck to give a nice look. In this mode the main gun is still folded, and this is just a spot to park a car on top. There is a small button, to pop up the ramp, and make BB drive down the ramp. Pretty cool..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base mode2: same as 1, but the gun folds up, and can be a turret over the spot where BB parked, or you can pop off the main gun and put it on one of the towers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drone/jetpack: not bad. Looks great by itself, or on BB. unfortunatly, it dosent connect with mini mechteks, and you cannot use it in car mode. It does store IN the APC or on top as most pics show already.

All in all..these are pure win for me. Except an issue with StarScream I LOVE these, and my boy wont put em down.

All in all, I will own everyone of these, and now im getting even more excited about all the other cyberverse stuff. CMON ARK! All targets and TRUs bu me dont have it...I checked...

2. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a note, That is the weapon that came with Starscream's space carrier set on the truck, and in BBs hand in a few pics.

It seems mechtek has trickled down to these, and you can put weapons and parts all over these things. You can pop off the wings to the drone and make the APC "uparmored" by sticking them on the sides, and Preview primes guns looks great on top or on the sides.

Im prolly the minority that has a lil boy to play TFs with, but if you got a kid that loves TFs and hotwheels like mine...this one is a must buy for him. For me, at my age, The stupid little button that makes BB drive down the ramp is kinda wank, but it is a feature that my son LOVES, and will launch BB...put him back up there..launch him again...I cant stress how much my son loves these lil playsets.

He LOVES the "moblie battle bunker" mode. He puts BB up there, clicks his hand on the gun stick, and drives em around killin' decepticons..

I love little transformers just as much as the voyagers and leaders. They are easy to play with and they are very...very FUN. When me and my boy play with the big ones, he will say, "ok..can you Daddy, Can you Twansform Op'amis Pwime to a robot?" and then I have to stop, and it takes me 10 minutes to TF ROTF leader prime. These are different. Its like back to the old days when you could TF with just a few parts, but these are articulated.

for me...the DOTM stuff is cool. I will buy ALL the cyberverse, and ALL the Human Alliance stuff. Deluxes and voyagers will be looked at very closely before I throw cash at them..or wait for the repaints too

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    looks fairly decent, how do the wings attach to bee's back?

4. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ACK!

So sorry..Forgot to include a pic with that.

BBs roof is on his back, and the jetpack slides on (or "clamps") onto the sides of the roof.

Unfortunatly when you TF him, his side windows in car mode do not allow him to have these wings on him in car mode. It shoulda been a mini-mechtek point, but then the car would have a hole or peg in the roof.

From what I see here, I think BB is the only one that can "wear" the jet pack, but the wings pop off and have Mini-mechtek pgs to do stuff with..like I said, Uparmor the APC....put them on Preview Primes engine pack for MOAR wings..Im sure there will be cool combos to do with these parts once more cyberverse is released..

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! Seems a bit expensive though. Do you have a comparison pic with any deluxes by chance?

6. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, Anything for you, Orio!

[​IMG]

Its not THAT far out of scale with 'Hide.....those Topkicks are massive if youve ever seen one..

At anyrate, the APC/Car Carrier is pretty cool...I had to bribe my son to let go of them for 2 minutes with Phineus n ferb fruit snacks to get him to let go of em..

If my son is any indication of kids liking these...Man...Hasbro is gunna sell a ton of these sets.

Really? you think $15 is too much? I thought it was pretty spot on. You get a decent sized TF, Between scout and legends, and a big deluxe size chunk of plastic that does different things, and all designed to link together in hopes of pulling $15 more out of your pocket to complete the whole set!!! ;) 

With the packaging, and the two toys together...Yea..Im good with the price point. seeings how Target has deluxes for $12 now...

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Good god man these things are chock full of playability, further selling me more on them. Cyberverse=win

8. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright,
    As you can see, when these are in a "base mode" of some kind, there are multiple points where they can link to other bases. You can tell because the links are all at a certain height, and when another base is next to it, its pretty obvious where you can..

Starscreams has 4, 2 on each side of thrusters, and two on top of the thrusters, which end up as the back...
    BB's has two one the front of the truck, and one in the very back arm for main gun.

There is a male and female thing goin on here, so there are limitations, but i dont think its that big a deal...

I Think I will pick up another SC carrier...I think it would be real cool to have 2 of these next to each other. Even BBs APC would look cool with the same one next to it...would look like a fort...

Im tryin to find pics of the Ark now, to see if I can see how many link points are on it. When its opened up I bet theres a ton. I can see getting the Ark, and a mess of these, and making a HUGE base for the smaller guys...Would be real fun.

Mind you, Thats BBs APC's gun on Screams platform, and Screams weapon on BBs main gun mount..and Preview primes weapons on Screams throne...

there is SOOOOOO much to do with these lil guys....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    So much potential with this line, I really hope this style of play goes beyond movie, love to see CHUG and Animated figures getting the cyberverse treatment

EDIT: dude you sold me on the Bumblebee set btw

10. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol..I was a sales guy for a looong time.

i agree. I would even go for Animated and such in this scale. thats a damn good idea...

What about TFprime, where you biuld enough of these sets to replicate the autobots mountain base? Id shell out the cash.

Shen, I KNOW your a huge Joe fan, like me, And I think the thing that is really appealing to me, is that these are more like action figures, instead of a lil car that turns into something that resembles a robot. These, so far all the knees bend, Arms move good, they CAN HOLD GUNS!! This is a great idea...

11. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

At first I thought they were cool looking and fun, then I see the connection point for other Playsets in the line... OVERLOAD OF GREATNESS!

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Yep. I was so hoping the bases would connect. Micromasters are 100% back, baby!

13. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble reading the instructions, because I can't for the life of me see how the jetpack clamps onto the roof. Is there a trick to it?

14. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Are those 3mm clip points on Starscream's thrusters ?

15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It just clicks right on bro. look at the drone/jetpack, there is a spot where it slides on bbs car roof in robot mode

NO...they are connection links, but they are close enough! I clipped on a weapon to it

16. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-09
    [​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-09

Hope that helps.

As a note. The instructions and box show the drone/jetpack attaching to the top of the APC....well...I cant figure THAT one out...

17. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Found this set at TRU last night. While I'm bored to death of Bumblebee, I'm a sucker for Legends-scaled TFs so I had to buy it. Really fun little set, incredibly solid and a fantastic addition to my Legends stuff.

My only complaint is that I wish Bumblebee had two hands, but considering the rate they release Bee toys I wouldn't be surprised if they made a variant with two hands in the future.

There isn't much that interests me with DotM toys, but I'll be snapping up most of the releases in this line. I really hope it does well and Hasbro takes the opportunity to expand into other TF realms (Animated, G1, Beast Wars).

18. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Ahh, it was the jetpack to APC roof I couldn't figure out actually, so I'm relieved I'm not the only one :) 

19. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

The new generation of Micromasters--gotta love it. They even have a version of the ramps with the base links.

As an aside, I cut off the doors so that the wings can attach in car mode. The new car actually doesn't look too bad--it has open windows similar to Nitro Bumblebee.

20. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's annoyed me so much I ended up starting a whole 'nother thread over it! Of course, I will be even more annoyed if the thing is just perched precariously on top of the ATV and isn't meant to attach at all.

If anyone can answer this for me, I will love you forever.