DOTM Cybertronian Tattoo Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Kujo1597, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM Cybergliph Bumblebee

I have no idea what to call this thing other than "Tacky Bumblebee" so that's what I'll call it in this review. The box just says "Bumblebee" on the front. I noticed that there is no review of this thing on the list. There is one of the original but words can't describe this thing. EDIT:RedArlert Rescue told me "Tacky Bumblebee" is often reffered to as "Cyberglyph Bumblebee" thanks for that. Though a part of me still prefers "Tacky Bumblebee" so I'll keep all the times I called him "Tacky Bumblebee" in. Plus I think it sums him up quite nicely.

It's a repaint of the ROTF Cannonforce Bumblebee. I've only seen this at Zellers but I'm still hesitent to call it exclusive since several stores don't exist in Saskatoon. Because nobody wants this thing I know nothing about it besides the basics.

Let's start off in vehicle mode, shall we?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it's covered in what I'm calling Cybertronian tattoos. I don't mind the occasional one but this toy went a bit overboard.

The guns still pop out in the mode and the little details you can hardly see on the original version are still there. But this time you can't see through the windows in the slightest. It's the only part that isn't translucent. :lol 
    [​IMG]

I have no interior picture since my camera is a piece of crap.

The transformation scares me a little to be honest. I'm not used to parts moving that way. It's simple once you've done it a couple times but I can't help but worry. I'm also a worry wart mind you. Make sure you pull out his ab pieces. He looks terrible otherwise.

Here's the result.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find him slightly less tacky in this mode. But hey! His guns still work. Plus he came with a comic!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for posibility. Well, it's the same as the original version which I never had. I can't really figure out any good poses for him. I've tried a few times since he was a birthday present. Here's the best I can manage.
    [​IMG]

His shoulders rotate fully around and move to the side a bit unless you mistransform him a little. In that case they go out for miles. He has an elbow rotation and it can move just over 90 degrees. He has no wrist movement but he has a thumb swivel. It's completely useless, but he has it.

There are various ways of transforming his hips. How much they move depends on how you have them. The way I think look best doesn't allow them to go straight forward or back. The are on a balljoint which is hooked up to a pin that allows for different hip heights.

His knees go back 90 degrees before hitting his thigh kibble. You can't move the kibble since it's tied into the automorph. His toes move a fair bit forward and back as do his feet. He also has possible heels.

His head is on a slightly limited balljoint. He can look up a little bit and down quite a ways. Speaking of his head, his face scares me a bit. His eyes are painted on but don't fill the cavity and it's four splodges of paint. He just stares at you.

Size comparison.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is actually pretty big and hefty. He's the biggest Bumblebee I own. So he proudly sits at the back on my shelf.

Conclusion
    Honestly, I may rag on Tacky Bumblebee a bit too much. I do find him incredibly tacky but I also find him neat. I admit that I do have the tendency to like tacky things. I really wish I weren't so afraid of transforming him. I find it hard to like a Transformer that I don't like to transform.

I mostly wrote this in case somebody was looking at him and thinking, "I dunno...I think I may have to see some decent robot mode shots first"

Quality Control
    The one foot on mine is floppy. I don't know if it's a bad spring or a misaligned gear I don't know a thing about automorph. All I know is that my Tacky Bumblebee won't roll. It's not so bad in robot mode, it's mostly an issue in vehicle mode.

Feel free to leave input on this rambletastic topic. I've never done anything like this before. I just felt bad for poor little Tacky Bumblebee.

Oh, and the comic's pretty neat. Though the movie aesthetic doesn't meld well with being drawn. I love how Bumblebee isn't even tacky in the comic. But to be fair that would've taken ages to draw.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think he's often called 'Cyberglyph Bumblebee', Or at least that is what a lot of people call him likewise Arcee & Jazz..

I guess you could also call him DOTM Cannon Bumblebee.

3. Kujo1597

News Credits:

Okay, thank you. I'll edit the title. At least this title was shorter than the original.

"DOTM tacky translucent Bumblebee covered in Cybertronian letters that is possibly a Zellers exclusive that nobody wants"

EDIT: Oh, I can't actually change the topic name. I suppose it makes sense but it is a bit inclonvienient.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I like the alt mode, but other than that... :( 

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Better known in the States as being a Target exclusive, along with the similarly translucent and covered in Cybertronian glyphs Arcee, Jazz, and Space Case.

6. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Do you guys not have Zellers?

I've only seen Bumblebee and Arcee at Zellers and I've never seen the other two.

7. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Not in my area, though some of these chains are pretty regional. Let's check wikipedia! Nope, Zellers is in Canada only I guess. And Target's related somehow, which explains why they are carrying the Target exclusives for Canada.

8. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    That explains a lot. Thanks for clearing up that little bit of confusion. Now I have a chance at some Target exclusives. A slim chance but still a chance. Until a Target opens up near me anyway. I heard my city is getting one soon.