Minor/Repaint: DotM Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by slackerforhire, Dec 19, 2011.

1. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DotM Cliffjumper (New Weapons/Pics Pg 4)

3/11/12 UPDATE PAGE 4

After the defeat of Megatron and Sentinel Prime on Earth, Cliffjumper was called to Earth to help root out what was left of the Decepticon forces. Cliffjumper felt the need for an Earth-styled alt mode was pointless after Cybertron was seen by the planet's whole population, so he approached the Wreckers to outfit him with new equipment to aid in his hunt. Now, equipped with high-powered thrusters, added armor, and a cannon that would make his fallen ally Ironhide jealous, Cliffjumper scours the planet, leaving nothing but the ashes of his foes in his wake

Hello again!

Cliffjumper is made from the body of Nitro Bumblebee, the head of RotF Brawn, the armored plates of scout Firetrap, and the gun of Lunarfire Optimus Prime. Horns were made from Aves Apoxie. Armored front was attached with Aves as well. The right hand was resculpted in order to hold the cannon. I know the head may not immediately scream "Cliffjumper," but I like to think of that as his battle mask, since just about every movieverse autobot has one... plus, I felt that Cliffy deserves better than a Bumblebee head repaint - especially since he was getting a repainted Bumblebee body. I every-so-slightly mistransformed him to differentiate the body a bit from Bumblebee's.

The paints used were Krylon Fusion Red Pepper, Testors Acryllic clear blue, white, and flat black, and Mr Color Silver and Gold. I'm thrilled with the almost complete lack of paint rub spots. The only bad ones are where the front wheels fold back against the doors, and with the slight change to bot mode, I eliminated that issue.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and special thanks goes out Billzilla for allowing me to bounce ideas off of him, and for all of his great suggestions. Thanks - I definitely appreciate it :) 

Comments and criticisms are, as always, welcome. I hope you guys enjoy him as much as I do.

Thanks for checking him out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 'purple-bot'

'purple-bot' Well-Known Member

EPIC
    LOVE IT
    i hated this mold, but you made it BEAUTIFUL!!
    The silver added to the 'carbon fiber' is a great touch
    awesome head, love the added horns, nice addition
    Keep it up!

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Fantastic job. It works quite well for Cliffjumper, so again, great job.:thumbs2: 

4. meisterworks

meisterworks Well-Known Member

looks more muscular than BB. modded head mold looks good on him too.

5. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Wow I love it. Especially where you touched the silver with gold.

6. mazintotoro

mazintotoro Well-Known Member

That looks really good. Very good use of the mold, and its always nice to see a Cliffjumper that doesn't use a Bumblebee head.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I foresee a lot Cliffjumper customs. I have 2 planned. :)  This one is really nice!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm madly digging that head.

9. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    He looks like he can kick your ass and still make it in time for whatever he wants to do.

Excellent work there! :thumb 

10. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Looks awesome! The head definitely says Movie-verse Cliffjumper to me! Armour looks awesome too.

11. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Awesome job, dude!

12. slackerforhire

News Credits:
    WOW! Thank you for all of the kind words!

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't really feel Bumblebee with this mold (especially with all of the other BBs that have been released), but it was too fun to mess with to just toss it aside. I went through a couple of ideas before I thought of Cliffjumper. Once that hit, I was locked in.

Thank you!

Thank you! I lucked out with the head, as it matched the existing ball joint perfectly. The last time I attempted to mod a ball joint for a head, I accidentally fused the head with the neck. I'm glad I didn't have to relive that :lol 

Thanks! The added gold is due in part to Billzilla. When I showed him (what I felt) was the finished product, he suggested adding something to break up all of the silver/grey. I busted out the gold paint and was very happy with the result.

Thanks! Once I settled on this guy becoming Cliffjumper, priority #1 was giving him a different head :) 

Thank you very much! I was really surprised at the lack of movie Cliffjumper customs. When I did a search through the Radicons section, I could only find a few. I've always liked your work, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your take(s) on the guy!

Thank you!

Thanks!

Thank you! The armor (as simple as it is) is something that I've wanted to add to a custom for a while now, but nothing really worked. With this mold, those two pieces fit perfectly, so I took that as a sign and ran with it.

Thanks! After your Dreads upgrades, the Autobots definitely needed another big gun for support :) 

13. Nickleby

Nickleby Autobot

Sweet. :) 

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This really works for CJ. Great paint job.

15. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Was more than happy to provide suggestions, my friend. This came out super nice. Feel free to bounce ideas off me any time. This is my first time seeing alt mode, it really works. As I said before, that's a beautiful red you're using.

You know what might look good is a very small amount of dark brown on the front bumper to make it look dirtier. The black is making it come off as more dented than dirty.

16. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Greatness!

17. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :rock 

18. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

That is freaking awesome

19. slackerforhire

News Credits:
    Thank you guys so much!

Thanks again, man. I thought about adding some dirt/grime to him, but wrote it off because it's not something I've done before, and I'd rather not risk botching one of my better paint jobs (I freely admit to having no true skill... it's all luck when it works out)... but I didn't think about just the bumper (I get tunnel vision when I start working on something). If the bumper doesn't work out, it's nothing that a little black and silver dry brushing can't fix :) 

20. HotCheetozzzzzz

HotCheetozzzzzz Member

Awesome job!! The body armor looks really great!