DOTM Burger King Prime and Megs Pictoral Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by CryoPrime, Jun 28, 2011.

1. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

The two most iconic characters of the Transformers franchise have been beautifully sculpted into these two tiny and compact figures that retail for about only a single dollar, or the price of a Kids Meal.

Features: Beside transforming into their alternate modes they also have a sound feature. Prime saying "Autobots roll out!", and Megatron making the classic transformation sound. Activated by the buttons on their respective chests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (shot of both)

[​IMG]
    (dynamic posing)

[​IMG]
    (Prime alone)

[​IMG]
    (Prime's alt. mode)

[​IMG]
    (Megs alone)

[​IMG]
    (Meg's alt. mode)

Overview:
    The two of these figures are great representations of the characters from Michael Bay's blockbuster films. Prime has better paint applications than Megatron. The alternate modes are both sort of similar which is a bit of a downside, but for the price you're paying it's really a nitpick.

2. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I got Megs today as well, pretty cool for a fast food toy. I really wanted to get the rest of them but my BK didn't have squat. I think I really want to pick up BB and Soundwave for sure.

3. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

My brother and I went to get them, and we were told they get another two every week or so. So we plan on checking back this weekend.

4. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

i have everyone excluding ratchet and soundwave (my bk appereantly started the promo a week too early) ironhide sticks out to me as the best of the bunch so far partially because im a movie-verse ironhide fanboy but mostly because of the detail and sculpting. he has a dead on headsculpt and cute little body complete with "his cannons"

the projection gimmick he shares with shockwave is cool enough. the light really isnt powerful enough to project the image too far away from the body unless in complete darkness. i kinda wish shockwave projected his symbol in purple as apposed to the same "autobot" red...but it works and is cool enough regardless of wrong colors

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  5. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow your area had most of them already?
    I really wanted Shockwave.

6. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I definitely like Ratchet and Ironhide a lot. I'm looking forward to when our BK gets them. I didn't even get food when we picked them up. :D 

7. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Got BB and Starscream today. Not that pleased with SS but his body sculpt is decent. I can't believe I can't find a Prime though, gotta keep looking. I might not buy the rest of 'em but not sure. I might pick up Ironhide, and will get Soundwave for sure.

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    line is completed... got them all!

soundwave the most menacing!