DOTM "Battle Blades" Starscream!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravage101, May 18, 2011.

1. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I just got the one figure I have been so excited about from DOTM...Deluxe Starscream. It lives up to every expectation; this is the Starscream we should have had, at least in Revenge Of the Fallen.

Anyhow the only 2 things that keeps this figure a perfect "10" is the plastic quality is that of legends/cyberverse figures (very cheap, very brittle) and the inclusion of the mech-tech which makes it the only weapon he gets instead of something better (Gatling gun, missiles maybe). While the concept of the MechTech for Starscream is better than what the other figures come with...the MechTech was too big, terrible plastic (brittle)...the damn thing fell apart and is my trash can.

Outside of the above issues, this really is great toy. The details on this figure alone really makes this figure stand out from the crowd of the other DOTM toys. I almost wonder if this figure was ment to be for the Hunt For the Decepticons line because the detail is there. DOTM Starscream belongs in the collection with Side Arm Sideswipe "Battle Blades" Prime and "Battle Blades" Bumble Bee.

So with "Battle Blades" in mind I had intended to cannibalize from a figure I bought from the first movie only because the figures weapons really sold me: Wreckage! The guns that flip out to blades are cool but the really neat thing is that both weapons combine to create a double bladed weapon.

So I give you Battle Blades Starscream!

Now please bare in mind I shot these with my crappy camera on the phone. When I get more time I'll use my pro gear to do a better shoot.

Attached Files:

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Me gusta.

3. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Me gusta tacos mucho!

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke!

News Credits:
    Nice! I do like the mold and it echoes the Leader/MP Screamer very well. That said, I just don't like the colors on him (brown and white? yuck) and the tattoos (jet flying through a paint storm syndrome).

I'll be picking up the Thundercracker repaint instead, and really hope Hasbro releases the mold in G1 Starscream and Skywarp colors too. Would look sweet having the movie Seekers in their G1 colors next to the CHUG versions of themselves in a very similar scale to boot!

5. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Oh, that's cool! I have a TF1 Wreckage I've been trying to sell, now I'm keeping his baldes for DOTM SS. Great discovery, thanks!

6. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Me gusta Starscream tambien, es una figura muy bueno y creo que es una de las mejores en tamano deluxe. LMAO!

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, just picked up Starscream this morning, he's a great little figure. Very cleverly engineered, and essentially kibble-free in both modes. I don't know why, but my favorite little detail on him is how the landing gear becomes his heels. The weapon is of course ridiculously oversized, but no matter, the good thing about bad weapons is that you can just chuck them in a box somewhere. Now I just gotta find Thundercracker to keep him company.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Despite my disdain for the look of movie Starscream, I bought one of these for my Starscream collection and enjoyed transforming him way more than I expected to. Pretty cool figure, well engineered.

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I think the plastic on yours feeling brittle might be a qc thing. My Starscream feels great in terms of plastic quality. Great figure though love the transformation. My biggest complaint is that he has tons of paint apps but they all seem to be focused on the vehicle mode with the tattoos and not enough in robot mode. Minor complaint though.

10. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    There's such great engineering in this toy... it's tempting to get one for the desk at work (Leader SS is quite happy on the shelf at home). The mechtech weapons can just be thrown away, that's no loss.

Hoping there's a tattoo-less, F22-accurate repaint somewhere down the line (I'm looking at you, Takara). And if it comes "retooled" with non-mechtech gatling guns for the arms, well, that'll be lovely - but unlikely.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I just hope that since they are doing Thundercracker in this mold they also do Skywarp. Its such a nice mold and having the three done in it would be great.