DOTM Barricade's . . . Stumpiness?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fifam94, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

People complain that the Deluxe DOTM Barricade is terrible because his chest is right on top of his crotch. . . But I was watching DOTM tonight and noticed that when he executes Que/Wheeljack, that it's what his CGI model is supposed to look like, and I think the toy does him justice. Anyone else feel this way?

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The toy is just fine in terms of general proportions, IMO, but one thing does mystify me...

Why the hell is his crotch white?!:sly:  It sticks out against the primarily black body, and it really shouldn't...

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to make a joke about this so badly, but I won't.

I thought his proportions were crap at first, but they look ok after seeing more pictures of the toy.

4. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

Yep, I noticed the same since DOTM Blu-ray/DVD came out. At first I wasn't that much annoyed by this detail in the toy, but it did indeed seemed a bit short. But with the movie to make a more detailed analysis on certain scenes it became clear that his CGI model is this short.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    It's a cool figure that gets some unwarranted flak.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    It's a FUN figure, too, once you cut away the plastic blocking some of his joints.

7. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

It is fun! By the way, which joints are you referring to?

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    The ankles, mostly. It's been a while since I played with him.

9. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Cool or not, I just can't justify a purchase after I've already bought the HA.

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have HA Barricade and he is most certainly the most definitive Barricade we'll probably ever going to get. Still, the DOTM Deluxe mold is aces in my book. A bit of a fixer upper but still nice articulation once you use the crazy glue trick to tighten up his joints. A little mistranformation yields this:

[​IMG]

Not movie accurate but still badass, I think. A little more customization and he's an even cooler figure.

[​IMG]

But I think the most screen accurate Deluxe is probably Solrac333's custom TFTM Deluxe (Premium) Barricade with the ball-jointed DOTM Barry head. Premium Barricade With New Head -- a very simple fix at that, though there is some partsforming involved for transformation.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The main thing that bugs me about this and all his toys is that his chest is so undetailed. It really annoys me. All I want is a few strips of plastic over it to make it look both more interesting and more screen accurate. For movie toys, I don't like giant chunks of vehicle mode. Not that big

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The flip-out chest bumper is a nice touch, I thought, but agreed it's not entirely accurate. You can loosen the screws behind the pieces below the headlights and rotate them around slightly; it's imperfect but it's something. Short of Takara making a Leader/Masterpiece version of Barricade (unlikely) or a Radicons custom (expensive and probably non-transforming), I don't think we'll ever see a Barricade as accurate as his Human Alliance figure (whose toy easily goes for $90-$100+ on eBay these days). But Barricade's a third banana character at best, and he's pretty much dead and gone in DOTM (and probably won't be back in any sequels -- a shame since I love the character -- but we can hope).