DOTM 3 Wreckers Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Feb 21, 2012.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I thought I had my Wreckers collection down and done, but now I'm having second thoughts and doubts and the OCD in me wants me to take action. I have two options, or plans rather, either way they involve a commission for custom work.

Option 1: I stick with what I've got. So far, I've got deluxe Topspin, HA Roadbuster, and HA Leadfoot. It bothers me a bit that they're not all the same size, but that's not that big of a deal. It does bother me however that HA Leadfoot not only isn't that great of a figure, but is entirely inaccurate. Why he isn't weaponized is beyond me. Anyways, If I am to keep this set I will ask someone to somehow throw a few mechtech ports onto Leadfoot and use the guns from TopSpin on him. It won't be much but it'll be something (and probably difficult)

Option 2: This is what I'm leaning towards. Under this option I swallow a big pricetag and pick up deluxe Leadfoot. It looks good and all the Takara version needs is a sticker or a little paint or something to make the Target symbol and its good to go. The problem lies in the deluxe Roadbuster. My OCD in me won't allow me to pick up a Deluxe Leadfoot without getting a deluxe Roadbuster too to go with my Deluxe Topspin and Deluxe Leadfoot. But Roadbuster isn't weaponized. So I would therefore have to commission someone to weaponize Roadbuster, which from the Customs section is pretty common (relatively speaking) if a spare Deluxe Topspin is used.

So there you have, which one do you guys think I should do and is more practical and looks the best?

1) Unaltered Deluxe Topspin, Unaltered HA Roadbuster, HA Leadfoot with mechtech ports

2) Unalteres Deluxe Topspin, Unaltered Deluxe Leadfoot (aside from the Target Logo), Heavily altered weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster.

Like I said, I'm leaning towards 2, it may take some more effort, but I think the final product will look the best. But I'm open to almost anything

Thoughts? :) 

2. lostnfound

no one?

3. editnis

editnis Well-Known Member

go get the damn deluxe leadfoot for 45.00 as for the roadbuster (10.00) get him too, then your done.

4. lostnfound

Where can you get Leadfoot for $45?

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'd wait to see if there's a HA Topspin released under the trilogy line. HA Leadfoot's fan mode from the feedback thread looks much better.

But the deluxes are more practical and will scale better.

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    The trilogy line is repaints only.

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Dont bother weaponizing Roadbuster if you plan on displaying in robot mode. He's more accurate to the CGI unaltered as a deluxe.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Just display them in robot mode.

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but the deluxe robot modes are ugly..

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I am always going to do is just get Cyberverse versions of the three. Unfortunately Topspin looks very unappealing :( 

11. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

As I'll probably never get hold of a deluxe Leadfoot, this is the route I prefer.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Same here, though Topspin being unweaponized bugs me.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Get all 3 Deluxes.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sell what you have and wash your hands of very weak characters. They weren't even in the film long enough to generate an impression at all. Even a negative reaction, as Skids and Mudflap did, would be something.

Another 50 bucks? I would put that toward the upcoming FOC line. But that's me.

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

wait and see if they'll make topspin in the HA class. We got HA figures long after the characters debut in the movies, like jazz and barricade. With the 4th movie being made, you can count on more HA figures in the future

16. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat, I would like a set of these guys, but can't buy a proper set where they all go together. I think I'll wait myself, prices for this DOTM stuff will probably drop or a remold/new fig will be done at some time.

17. lostnfound

Idk, I have about ZERO hope for a HA Topspin. Plus, even if they make one, if Hasbro follows the pattern, he'll be unweaponized. :( 

18. lostnfound

What one's that?

19. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Don't hold your breath for HA Topspin.....go for the deluxe.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am displeased by the Wreckers options at present as well. I'm holding out for them to appear in movie 4 so we can get a Deluxe Leadfoot, maybe some new molds.

I also appreciate that Legion Roadbuster and Leadfoot are weaponized. Topspin isn't (and is also an awful figure so I hear) but he's the least important of the three so, small loss.