DOTM’s space bridge

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 4, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime brings down the control pillar, deactivating the space bridge. Dylan reactivates the bridge, then the pillar gets tackled by Bumblebee, which FINALLY destroys the bridge but takes Cybertron with it.

The bridge could have been stopped only once, with Cybertron being consumed by the black hole. This would have made Sentinel even angrier, and would have shifted the battle to fighting over Earth now as it was the only world left for the Decepticons. Stopping the bridge twice was a little too much IMO and besides all it did was set up a fight between the Autobot/Decepticon agents.

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Not sure I get exactly what you're saying BUT you did make me realize that Cybertron should have been destroyed the FIRST time the piller was deactivated... Never thought about it.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It was deactivated first, but with careful teamwork with Ratchet's shooting and Bumblebee's tackle, it was destroyed.

4. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Like I said...

:lol 

5. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I agree. And it would bring even more strength to megatron' s "this is MY planet!"

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I explained it away as the piller being deactivated just halted the transfer but didn't terminate it. Maybe the transfer data was being held within the pillar in a buffer as a kind of back-up system in case of power disruption. But when the pillar was fully destroyed that buffer mechanism was also destroyed and so the whole space bridge collapsed and took Cybertron with it.
    That's just me filling in things to my own satisfaction of course, but it works well enough for me. :) 

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That's pretty much how I see it. The equivalent of turning off a light vs. smashing the lightbulb into pieces with rock.

The pillar falling from the building and landing/levitating on the city street = accidentally bumping a lamp and knocking the lightbulb loose. It's not completely wrecked, you pick it up and rescrew the lightbulb in tighter so it works again.

Now, having a fleshly creature slammed into it, having Ratchet shoot giant ammunition at at and having Bumblebee freakin' tackle it to the ground and basically crush it in his grasp = taking a hammer to said lamp and smashing it into a dozen pieces.