Dormamu is teh awesome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A few months back, the NC fans posting on the board decided to meet up and hang out. I had a blast, but something I really didn't expect happened. I made a really great friend out of it.

Even at the meetup, Dormamu and I instantly clicked. At Target, we were hanging outside of the parking lot just getting to know each other a bit more. Dormamu offered for us to double date with our wives in the future. To no discredit of Dormamu, I've had many such offers from others to never become a reality [Since then, the four of us have actually become really good friends ) ]. We did exchange contact information and I at least figured that we'd be come better friends on here after meeting at least.

While we've become really great friends (I feel) over the last few months, even this isn't the full nature of this thread. I really want to take time to give my buddy here some much deserved props for actually being such a great friend.

Over the last few months, he's been very kind to me as a friend. I'd like to note a few instances where he's really shined more than many people ever have in my life.

Since I'm graduating this December, one of the first plans because of this is moving to a new place. My wife and I were making plans to move our things on our own. She's a strong gal, and I actually have taken on several moving jobs for extra money in the past. I also figured since my parents helped me move things down here, we could take care of things ourselves as well.

This plan was feasible until I broke my wrist at work. We were actually on the very last phase of moving until this happened. While we only had a few pieces of furniture to move, I was pretty much out for the count. Obviously, I was pretty upset about all of this.

Dormamu found out about this, and called me up offering to help me. I graciously took him up on his offer. I really can't begin to describe how big of a help he was. The larger pieces of furniture that we were stressing about having to move, he just jumped in and exercised efficiency with handling them. We were able to finish up the move with his help and couldn't have done so otherwise. [I'd also like to give credit to a "friend of a friend" for being able to literally take the load off of my wife as well. Also, I had quite a few coworkers offer to lend a hand to, but Dormamu was able to help me keep work at work lol]

If this weren't enough, tonight he and his wife paid me an unexpected visit. Whatever virus has been going around, I caught. I felt awful yesterday, but still went to work [for nearly 12 hours]. Today, I was pretty exhausted because of yesterday's work as well as having to come straight home and do more school work. I went to the doctor just to make sure things weren't worse than I thought (e.g., wearing out a virus with liquids and rest along with over-the-counter meds). Dormamu and his wife brought me some "get well" balloons, some soups, and a Legends Jazz. Talk about brightening up a guy's day! On top of even this, Dormamu even offered a helping hand with my desktop PC (my hard drive crashed recently).

I meant to start this thread a couple of weeks ago right after the move, but I had limited Internet access at best. I just wanted to give my buddy here some major, overdue props as well as a public "thank you" for being such a good friend :) 

2. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Good to hear there's good people like this out there. Good on ya, Dormamu. The people who will do something for someone expecting nothing in return are few and far between, and those are the ones it comes back to tenfold.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Major props, Dormamu! Awesome stuff :D 

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    TFW people are good people

5. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

[​IMG]

Dormammu?

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Dormamu sounds like a swell guy

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I think he has a man crush on you! :D 

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, it sure is hard to find a buddy like that! The ONLY buddy I have like that lives in a neighbouring country!

9. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    There needs to be more people like Dormamu in this world.