Don't you love it when your kids take an interest in your Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 2 year old lately has been really digging my Masterpiece Optimus and movie toys I have on display. She even likes me reading some of my old TF comics to her. Makes me feel good lol. My wife thinks it's cute lol. Good times.

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say, don't have kids.

3. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

dont have a kid myself but its good to see when the young take interest makes the series live on

4. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Warms my heart to read that. Hopefully, this is one kid that won't grow up on the slop people are now calling 'childrens programs.'

5. darkpsi

darkpsi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally can relate. My 4 year old worships Transformers now. All because of Daddy. It is funny, his friends barely know what he is talking about when he talks about G1. Yes he has watched all the episodes with me.

Good times is right!

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Oh don't worry, I won't allow that to happen, no matter the cost lol.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Sharing Transformers with my daughter makes the hobby that much more fun - we watch Prime, G1, and Animated together, saw DOTM, hunt for toys...

I just get worried when I see this:

[​IMG]

Usually her allowance gets a bump in such situations...

8. darkpsi

News Credits:
    Such a sweet little Decepticon

9. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I don't have kids Never will but I do have younger cousin and a Niece/Nephew on the way (dont' know what the gender if my sister baby). My cousin love my toys and old G1 cartoons. Got to get the new one on the way off to a good start when they get here.

10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Have no kids but my nieces (3 & 5) love my Legends figures. They can do it themselves and think their uncle has the coolest toys.

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    LOL awesome!

12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

My ten year old step son loves when I get out my Transformers toys. And I don't blame him, the original Transformer toys were the best. He's not a huge fan of the original cartoon series though. When it comes to action cartoons, he prefers super heroes. He does like the original animated movie, and the two part episode where Optimus Prime comes back to life.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wanna chime in on this.

My 3 1/2 year old just LOVES TFs now. He loves the movies, the 86 movie, the G1 episodes..

My favorite shit in the world, is when he watches G1 toons, he says, "daddy...thats the REAL Starscream/megatron/optimus prime"

My collecting is causing a conflict within me now that he is getting a lil older. I have my Man cave, with hundreds of Joes, and TFs on shelves for display" he loves to go down there, and pick out a few to play with now and then, but he always relates these toys as "daddys". I started collecting waay before he was concieved...
    My dad never had "toys" like I have when I grew up. He was into cars and building shit..you know. I have seriously considered offing my entire collection save for a few like my HA collection, and Leaders, because I think toys should be about my kid now....very conflicted.
    But its something we do together. My dad played with me alot...some of my greatest memorys. I DO tell my son that these are "ours" now, but will be HIS when he gets a lil older. but 3-5 years down the road, his interests may change..

Very conflicted right now....

14. The Mad Vulcan

The Mad Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My dad did have toys, which was a plus really. He tended to have toys which were slightly older than me and were slightly above my level. I was only allowed to play with them when he was around, but they were very cool.

Also, there is a tendency for me to look back to the 70's toys as being slightly superior to the 80's toys that I had. 80's toys had lots of gimics, but 70's toys were made stronger and generally did not think that anything was too dangerous for kids.

He had a good number of double-A battery powered cards, pull back cars, and remote or radio controlled cars, as well as slot cars.

15. darkpsi

News Credits:
    His tastes may change in time but he will never forget these times with you. This is a hobby that both of you share. Unlike other stuff like Thomas, Spongebob, etc., you both share the same interest in something. He will hold on to it longer that way. Besides, there is just so much more cooler crap out there in the Transformers universe to keep his attention. Then when he is in his 30s, he will be the same like you.

At least that is the way I see it.

I am still lucky though... he does not like the big transformers only legend class so I don't have to give up my collection. He does though like to go through all my miscellaneous parts I use for customs and have fun with a half gutted robot.

I hope he never loses interest in this...

16. sh002

sh002 Banned

it's cool when they get fascinated by them as long as they handle them without breaking or dropping them. ouch.

17. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    My 16 year old daughter thinks im a nerd.:( 

18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    My daughter is due this Nov. I will make sure she is a TF nut as her father. :D 

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, did she cheer a lot during the 1st half of the G1 movie? Like, during the great Autobot slaughter?

20. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man. Your absolutely right. I've been thinkin too much about HIM, and us playing is more about US, and the memorys that he will have, like I have...