don't you hate...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rattrap007, Jul 11, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ..when you've looked for a figure everywhere and finally order it only to find it in store two days later?

I gave up looking for Jetfire after looking for a few weeks, so I ordered him from Hasbrotoyshop on Thursday. Well today I needed to pick up a few things and went to Walmart. There on the shelves was Jetfire. I hurried home to see if I could cancel my order, too late, it shipped this morning... Oh well. It is only about a $7-8 difference...

2. avmercenary

avmercenary Well-Known Member

That happened to me with the Classics Jetfire, stinks that I paid $5 extra... oh well...

Gotta love Jetfire showing up late!

3. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Yep, happens all the time. But you know, if you didn't order Jetfire online it would not have shown up on the shelf at Walmart.

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

i feel you, happens to me most of the time!

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happens to me all the time (except with the last wave of universe legends, GLAD I ordered those online) I think its called Murphy's Law or something. Murphy sucks!

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    didn't use the free shipping code for HTS?

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    10% off

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    What I HATE is paying full price for a figure, only to see that it goes on sale else where two weeks later

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    ive had that happen to me as well, but a couple of weeks for Jetfire wasnt that long. I usually wait about 4 months for a toy to get better circulation in stores.

10. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that is what we brits call Sods Law. toast landing butter side down, etc. all covered by it

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Yeah, I spent $35 on Movie Masters Joker figure and the day after I ordered it, I saw it in a mall for $15. It hurt but, I'm over it.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a little annoying when that happens, but with free shipping (either at HTS or Amazon), the figures end up costing at or near retail anyway when I buy them online, so I don't mind being patient and waiting the extra couple of days for them to arrive from my online order.

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

That happened to me with Universe 2.0 Classics Ironhide. I ordered him from HTS because I thought it would be a long time before he showed up in my area. That same day I went to a local walmart to get something for my g/f to make Green bean casserole, and low and behold..there was classics Ironhide. I was so pissed. I went ahead and bought him, and returned home to cancel my order.

I called up HTS, and the girl on the phone refused to cancel my order...Telling me that the ordering slip had already made it's way to the warehouse and there was no way to cancel it, even though the toy had NOT shipped yet. I ended up having to wait for the package to arrive and send it back. I'm glad I went ahead and purchased the Ironhide I found in walmart that day, because the IH that I ordered took two weeks to get here, and the paint job looked to be even worse than the one I already had(even though lets face it none of the Classics Ironhide ever had a descent paintjob to being with).

I have never ordered anything from HTS since then.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I swear, this happens to me ALL THE TIME!! :lol  what a coincidence, I was just talking about it somewhere else!

I go to greath lengths to get something, and then after it, it floods stores everywhere! Like in those rpg videogames where you can only get the better items once you unlock them later on...it's terribly annoying!

15. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I swear, this happens to me ALL THE TIME!! :lol  what a coincidence, I was just talking about it somewhere else!

I go to greath lengths to get something, and then after it, it floods stores everywhere! Like in those rpg videogames where you can only get the better items once you unlock them later on...it's terribly annoying!

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

As I live in the UK, I'm always just happy to find what I want at all.

17. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

I bought a Univers Ultra Powerglide for 30$ dollars at Zellers. We went to Wal-Mart after that. They had all the Universe Ultra for $20.

Meh.

MTL

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

So true! I found Animated Skywarp at a local comic store, decided not to get him then cos he was almost $10 more than he would be at Walmart, plus usually if I do pick them up for a higher price at that shop, they show up a week later at Walmart. NEVER saw him again ANYWHERE.

19. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

yes i do

20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Happened to me with ROTF Mudflap. Bought him off of HTS, then saw him in stores the next week.