Don't you hate it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skywave, May 5, 2009.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

*Wasn't sure where it belonged so I put it here, if it fit another place please move the topic*

Don't you hate it when you shop somewhere and when you actually buy some stuff, there's a sale right after that?

I added stuff to my pile of loot on BBTS friday, and decide I had enough to ship my loot. It was a bit late in the afternoon friday so I though they'll probably ship monday. They sure did, but tonight I saw that they got a new sale going on, and mostly all of what I've bough are in this sale!

It's not that I "lost" a lot of money here (if I can say that), my order was like $90 with a $15 item not on sale, but that kind of stuff happen to me so often, it's like they wait for me to buy something so they can do some sale! :mad  I could've saved about $11 on that order, wich could've been another deluxe TF or something, but no. Damn sale!

I know with in-store sale you can bring your receipe to get the discount, but I doubt it can be done with BBTS.

Just had to vent a bit about it, still got a nice deal overall, but could have been better :p 

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

The wife and I put an HD tv on layaway a few months ago. Couple days later, it was on sale for $100 cheaper. Took the ad in, they took off the $100, and we ended up paying what was left and took the tv home.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    its annoying to be sure

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Definitely. Heck, I just got my Pile of Loot from BBTS last month with a bunch of stuff I waited to go on sale to get that's even cheaper now. RASSUM FRASSUM.

5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

with BBTS though, once it's in your pile of loot, you've bought it. So if it's a figure you put it in there 6 weeks ago but just shipped, you can't get upset that they put a figure on sale 6 weeks after you bought it.

I hear ya though, it stings a little.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Happens all the time to me. Would'nt be so bad if I had a little more patience....yeah yeah

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Just one of those bugging things. I have it happen with me with DVDs. I'll buy one and then the next week it'll have been put in the sale. Worse when I've still not cracked the plastic wrap on the one I'd bought.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    You know what's annoying as well? Not being able to find what you need ANYWHERE, so in the end you result to importing it from another part of the world, then as soon as you get it, ALL THE SHOPS in your area have the item!!

It happens so much to me it must be some kind of karma. Kinda like those video game rpgs, where stores only start carrying the good potions and stuff as soon as you've unlocked it somewhere in the game..:p  meh..

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've had that happen, a few times. The one that usually gets me, is I'll see something in a store that piques my interst, but I pass on it. After seeing it a few times, I'll finally decide I want to get it. Suddenly, can't find it anywhere!