Dont you hate it when you lose those missles?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, May 16, 2010.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because I do and here is the reason why:

Well I was Transforming My ROTF mixmaster one day and I found out his missle was missing. I had no idea where it was and I didnt do anything that would make it lost. So I look endlessly and vigorously for it when I start looking threw my collection of other TF figures and find that my cybertron Thundercracker figure lost its missle also! WTF!! I take care of my figures more than I take care of hy dental hygiene and I still cant find them!!!!
    I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE.

Anyone else dealing with this kinda thing?

Btw if you guys know where I can find replacement that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading.

(yes I know I spelled missile wrong but get over it.)

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I've lost missiles before, my attitude is it'll turn up eventually. It has to be in the room somewhere. And they usually do.

I like spring-loaded missiles, because I remember how much fun they were when I was a kid. But I know not everyone feels this way. I've bought G1 figures where the previous owner deliberately removed the spring. But it can be annoying when they accidentally launch across the room.

I was thinking about it, and I reckon it should be possible for Hasbro to design a simple locking mechanism to prevent this. I was looking at how they have a ridge running along the missile, I was thinking if you could twist-lock the missile or the launcher so that it wasn't lined up. I don't think it'd even need any extra parts.

3. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Thats happened to me quite a few tiimes. Sometimes they turn up, sometimes they dont.

4. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

Rotf figures that missles are missing:
    Leader megatron, Ironhide(the gray one), Preview bumblebee, Mixmaster, Starscream, Mudflap
    Movie one:
    Leader optimus, voy optimus, ironhide, Starscream, thundercracker and thats it. Ive given up on finding them.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

If the missing missle makes the figure look strange, it bothers me. For instance, TFTM/ROTF Voyager Prime's missles form part of the gas tank and as a result the alt mode wouldn't be complete if it went missing. The Classics Seekers look strange without their missles as well. TFTM/ROTF Ironhide and Starscream both look fine without them, IMO so I've actually got mine displayed sans missle.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I never take the missiles out of the packaging because I know I will lose them. Or the cat will get them.
    I have a MIB/MOC collection btw.

7. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a funny story about this. At work I had my Universe Galvatron on my desk. One day I realized he had his missile and I didn't want it to get lost at the office so I took it out and put it in my pocket. At the end of the day, I forgot I had it. So a few days later I realized that I didn't have his missile where all my other ones are from other figures. I checked the office and it wasn't there. I began to think it's gone for good.

So a week from when I originally removed the missile, I was walking to the office (from where I parked) and because I'm a down-looker when walking there was Galvatron's missile!!!

No one picked it up and no leaf blower blew it away, amazing. It only has a few scratches, but I have it back.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

All my missles, guns, keys, etc go into ziplock baggies with their instructions. Individual bags per toy. Yes, I go through tons and tons of baggies.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I lose my share of missiles. It's one of the perils of being a non-MISB collector, I guess. I'm fairly sure my Unicron is missing a few missiles, as are many of my other AEC figures. They just have a tendency to pop out and disappear, and since they're all so non-descript I don't really notice them. I try to tape them all together and stick them in a tackle box, but inevitably some go missing anyway.

The one that really drives me nuts, though, is the missile from Animated Shadow Command Megatron.... because not only did I lose it, I'm fairly certain I accidentally threw it out. I tossed all the packaging, like I normally do, only later to realize that the missile was likely taped in there somewhere. Crap! And it's that neat wine-colored transparent plastic that I actually quite like. Oh well.

That's one reason I sort of hate launching missiles (that and the way they necessitate giant oversized novelty weapons... I mean, seriously, look at Energon Arcee's crossbow). Give me a non-firing, properly-sized weapon any day.... à la Classics Prowl or Mirage.

10. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Some of those triggers are so gentle... Energon Springer's missiles seem to fire by themselves. I can remember playing with Classics Grimlock after I'd just bought him (I was sitting in my car) & his missile ended up getting lost in the crevices of my car *shakes head*. I thought I'd lost it for good until one day it fell out of its hiding spot. I guess it wanted to come back to me. :) 

11. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I usually keep the missiles in close proximity of the toy. Usually on the floor by it.

With the exception of ROTF Ramjet, whose missiles are scattered throughout my bedroom. :lol 

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i do, I lost the missiles of Moive 1 Starscream lognarm and arcee (sigh i will never see arcee gimmick Anymore :( )

13. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yesterday I just got my G1 Mixmaster,, we were on our way out so i opened the enevlope and took out the toy and went on our way. Got my wife to open mixmaster (since he was wrapped in bubblewrap) to check it out. when i went to go give feedback i looked at the pic of it online, and saw the missile, i had totally forgot about the missile, searched the car searched the floor, i ended up going back today to find the envelope in the garbage, and sure enough it was there...,

stupid missile!

14. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    ive lost missles before but i've also lost worse too prime examples are one of the turrets on uni onslaught and the two little i guess you'd call them tail fins on ani skywarp both were lost for months until i finally found the lodged down the side of my chair thank god i did too cause they looked bad without them

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I've lost missiles and never found them afterwords.

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here! I hardly sell off my loose figures (trying to change this now) so it doesn't bother me much if a TF figure is missing a missile or not. I don't like using them much anyway.

What I am missing like mad is my J4/JRX's missile. Have no idea when it's lost :mad  The biggest mystery is Energon Sixshot's, my then 3 year old son shot it out on the very day we bought the toy, it has to be in the lounge room somewhere, but we can't find it. It's been 5 years!

17. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Yeah thats why I try and keep them in a small baggy.

18. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Been losing missiles since I was a kid, the only difference now is that I find them eventually. Have to move my bed sometimes just to get those missiles or parts that popped off. :) 

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    unless they are seeker null rays or something like that, i put them in a hardware locking container, keeps them safe, and some of the guns like uni silverbolt mold, and galvy look better without them

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think I've ever lost a missile and I keep them loaded in my figures' weapons and on display all the time. The only missiles that I don't display are extras or missiles that make it difficult to display the toy easily (eg - the Armada Seekers' missiles make their backpacks too big). As far as I'm aware, the only figure I own that has a piece missing that isn't supposed to be missing (ie - it was an incomplete figure when I bought it) is TFTM Protoform Movie Starscream, which is missing a tailfin.

The only missile I'm somewhat concerned about losing is on Energon Shockblast, since it has an odd tendency to randomly fire on it's own and flies far enough to end up across the room. I usually keep that one in the launcher, but don't push it in all the way.