Don't "Stiff" us in Alabama...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Feb 25, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems we will do an awful lot to get our money here in Alabama:

any one got some Febreeze?

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Not a chance. Mythbusters proved that the smell couldn't be removed all the way. They tore the car down to practically nothing and cleaned it top to bottom and still couldn't salvage it.

Anywho, that's despicable. You don't do that to someone who's entrusted you with their loved one, especially after they've just lost them.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

3. LilithMorrigan

LilithMorrigan Banned

I think he did what's right. They didn't sign the paperwork or pay for the funeral services. They "skipped town" and he couldn't contact them for more than a year. They didn't "entrust him with a loved one". They dumped a corpse on him and skipped out on the fees. The dead beat family are the criminals in this. The funeral director should have shipped the corpse back UPS ground to their last known address.

What the hell is wrong with deadbeats who don't pay for services rendered these days?

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Instead of UPS, they should have wrapped it in trash bags and strapped it to the top of an old station wagon, and dropped it off in the middle of the night.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to ask my sister has she heard about this story. She doesn't live to far from Gadsden.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

*facepalms*

That's what I get for skimming over the article.

You're indeed correct, I was wrong.

Well...I'll just leave it up as a testament to my rather frequent stupidity.

I still don't like the idea of treating her body that way. At least cremate it and spread the ashes or something, don't just throw it in the back of a stored Hearse and let it rot.

She was a human being, a person with a hopefully full life. Not her fault her family's a bunch of jackholes.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But that was exactly what the relatives wanted, a burial on the cheap. As long as the corpse was off their hands they didn't care.

So yeaaaah. Totally on the side of the Funeral home director on this one. He kept the corpse on ice for a year. A YEAR. My post office sends stuff back after a WEEK!

The hope the family of the deceased are ashamed, but lets face it. They don't care.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Funerals are utterly costly these days. It wouldn't surprise me that the family didn't have enough money to pay the bill, and chose to skee-daddle out of town.

Hopefully the family of the deceased would show up and explain their side of the story, then we'll decide who's the guilty party in this whole mess.

9. LilithMorrigan

LilithMorrigan Banned

It still costs the funeral home money. Funeral Home's are a business not a charity for corpses. If she needed a Pauper's grave the the family should have gone that route and not committed fraud against a business. The Funeral Home shouldn't be responsible for deadbeat families corpses.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Times like this I hate admitting I live in Alabama. :lol 

As much as I think the funeral director was awesome and ballsy for pulling that move, I also think both parties are in the wrong here. I know tensions run high, but the family should've paid their damn bill and when they didn't the director should've taken actions more on the legal side. My two cents.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

[​IMG]

Yeah, tough decision on the funeral directors part. I personally would have cremated the body and swallowed the loss. Some times respecting the dead goes above getting paid.

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was wondering how long it would take someone to get that :lol 

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Damn deadbeats. Did it really cost less to run away and move than pay to cremate the corpse?

I gotta say though - if I was in his position, I wouldn't have ruined a good cardboard box for it. I'd just chuck the body in with one of the cremations I'd been paid for. Save on fuel costs, you see. :) 

14. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Build it into a "Robot Person" force it to watch 20 televisions at once until the family pays up.

But the mistreating a corpse? I know dead people's votes can count but this? The family should have gotten that charge and the director should put maggots on it.

I don't know, this whole stuff is stupid. But the director should hunted them down and put the corspe in their bed while they're sleeping.

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

He should have built a giant catapult and twung the body into a tree.

16. Lock Cade

:lol 

That, or simply find someplace within the house to hang the corpse up, and make the deceased's family think she's come back to haunt them.

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

griswold!!!!!!!!!

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    She was a human being and to be treated that way is rediculous. I'm sure he could have called a government agency to do something else about it. Or he could have cremated her and then taken the family to court for expenses. Either way, he did not make a very ethical or caring decision.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He should've cut his losses , and creameted it with a lawyer & a priest present.

Then send them the bill for the overall total if he wants. Then when that family dies, bury them in a tv box and write "that's karma bitch' on their headstones

20. Lock Cade

Wow... just wow...