Don't listen to the haters...Great Film *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Simian, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Just got back from the Imax version of the film...It was amazing!!!!! There are no gaping plot holes....There are no major continuity errors....

Devestator and Constructicons are 2 different entities..They due share some of the same forms...Basically the Constructicons are like another faction all together....

The plot while not "Gone with The Wind" deep, was straight forward, simple, and moved along very well...Everyone who says they were confused by this just didn't pay very close attention to the film...It is very cut and dry the way things happened...

People complaining about clones of bots need to realize that just because they saw a Bonecrusher vehicle at the end... that does not make it Bonecrusher...Military were all around and the military use that vehicle...

Most of the complaints I heave read thus far are akin to...."Why did Megatron have a booger in his left nostril...It wasn't there in the first film?"

Apparently some do not have the mental faculty to use their imagination to feel in the blanks...I mean when time passes things happen...I.E. Your mom drives home from work...Does she have to tell you every detail of that drive home to make you understand how she got home...or can you roughly piece that together...

I could go on and on explaining what others obviously missed...but I won't...

This movie is awesome, plain and simple....go see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to start a war here..just saying...the movie is by far waaaaaayyyy better than the first...IMHO...

:bay  :bay  :bay 

2. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

Not better than the first. Only just as good.

3. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

agreed!! :D 

4. Dankir

Dankir Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Sorry buddy, the first film was much better than this one.

Too much stupid humor and useless characters, why do we need to see two dogs humping and wheelie humping?

Why did the roomate even need to be in the film, he cried like a little bitch in every scene

The bigger constructicons were really cool as was devestator, how come the other ones were always in robot mode, did you even see Longhaul, Mixmaster transform? Scrapper was in 1 scene I think or maybe it was bonecrusher I can't remember.

How come none of the coolest transformers got any screen time? Volt is in the movie for 2 seconds, Sideswipe is an utter badass and has 1 scene.

Why does Soundwave stay in space the whole film, doesn't even come down to earth and Frank Welker used his Mr. Claw voice instead? Come on!!!!

iRONHIDE AND RATCHET GET LESS SCREENTIME and even less lines!?!

The final battle is basically humans vs. decepticons until we get Powered up Prime who defeats the Fallen within a minute of him arriving.

The film was awesome until the Forest scene, after that it dragged on too much.

The film was okay at best, it needs ALOT of work.

Anyways I'm just continue buying the toys until the Blu Ray comes out.

5. JB1323

JB1323 Member

I had to see it on a regular screen this morning, so I'm really excited to see it on IMAX. The plot holes are there, but I can certainly overlook them, just glad to have the movie.

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't post in the movie forum, but I second the title ;)  :bay 

7. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    yes throw your opinions around at each other!! id rather watch the banter between the twins again..

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can anybody give a good explaination as to why this movie was better then the first one that doesn't rely on a bigger special effects budget?

9. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

It was pretty amazing. There was a lot more jokes in this one, but the story was more mature, the action was more coherent and just badass in general, and it just seemed way more ingrained in the Transformers mythos.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Theres one in every bunch. You are one of those easily amused types that find fun staring at a wall. There are quite a few plot holes and if you didn't see them you must have failed English Class. You are just riding the excitement right now. When it cools off you may have a different perspective.

11. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

I think Bay and company did a Hell of a job catering to the perceived weaknesses of the 2007 movie. More robots, got them, more historical TF elements, got them too, less yet, more meaningful human time, done as well. Somehow this translates to being a lesser offering to some. I just don't see how they can make the movie a bigger win by the suggestions tossed after 747 and you get a lot of whining afterwards because of it. This movie couldn't have spelled out Transformers any better if the logo was front and center for the whole 2 and a half hours. Sure it was flawed like the sexual innuendos with Devastator's "scrotum", Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg, etc, but I don't yet know of a perfect film. I think it was a Hell of an offering and better than some of the other nonsense out there like Star Trek or the nonsense to come like Potter and Half-bred Prince or whatever it is.

12. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    cant please everyone thats for sure.

13. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    What made the movie more mature? The cussing? the violence? Just because something is dark or has death in it doesn't make it mature. Just curious what your examples are

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I can't believe everyone is saying that the first movie was better. Don't get me wrong...I love the first movie. But there was WAY too much human-only screentime, and sure you get a lot of human screentime in Revenge, but nowhere near as much.

15. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Though people didnt want to see more robots we also wanted them to have more personality and character development. in that aspect they failed miserably

Meaning full human time? The whole college thing was a complete was of time and really added nothing to the plot as a whole. They could have conveyed Sam's desire to be normal without all the roommate, professor, and alice crap. The whole scenario with the mom was just sad. Also the parents going to eruope just be kidnapped, what was the point? There was hardly any meaning in it at all.

The problem is that in their efforts to make TF2 bigger, badder, darker, whatever, they never came up with a point for the movie. Remember when Transformers was pitched as a "boy and his car". That very basic essence is missing from this movie. In the end TF2 is about nothing

16. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

The Decepticons being percieved as a serious threat because of the Fallen's broadcast, Sam being a wanted fugitive, and so on.

17. newguy

newguy i

Why do people quote the whole thread?
    Thats happend 3 times on the 1st page.

Any way. I agree with you. I found the movie very entertaining. I'm not confused.

18. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I don't know fellas, comparing the first and second film, it's like no one in production learned how to make an even better film. I'm tolreant of ROTF, because at least Ops and his crew were noble, the cons were scary. Was...Starscream spitting on the roomate? >:/

It felt like they were just trying to tarnish the Transformers line? There was far more bad things than the good, too much ill humor. A film needs humor, yeah, it blended and moved well in the first film and wasn't overdone. This one was just one facepalm after the other. It's too one sided.

I'm hoping for a truely fantastic third, which is inevitable (Prime sent another message into space, ohnoes) Less vulgar, more action, asplosions, plot (good please), more robot screen time (actually doing something, and maybe speaking too), mythos, less Bay wants.

In the meantime there's stil the shreds of Animated. At least I could sit through that without wishing certain characters would die. Amirite?

19. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

You either get a lot of robots as requested or you get the same batch of guys and a critique of being a bland carbon copy of the preceeding movie. I don't know about you, but people don't seem to like modified remakes too much.

It was ENTERTAINING. Movies need balance and a complete one sidedness would send people out of the theaters faster than they came. Sam (or any other young adult) going to college after highschool and their parents taking a trip at the same time is not so terribly uncommon. That situation was tied to the main story, how hard is that to comprehend?

Yeah, the "boy and his car" thing was the previous movie. Dwelling on the previous movie on and on would make the sequel's characters look stupid to not have gotten on with their lives. This one was about Sam finding his destiny while not entirely centered on him, he couldn't avoid that contact with the Transformers wasn't an inadvertent thing with just the All Spark and Megatron being kept together beneath a dam.

20. MisterE

MisterE What?

I'd just like to say that whilst I don't think ROTF is a particularly good film, I still like parts of it. I think "hater" is a bit of a strong term to use, really: I wanted to like this film, I really did. I didn't go in thinking "this is going to suck", quite the opposite actually. There was just far too many things wrong with it for me to genuinely like it as much as I wanted to. It just seemed like they didn't learn all that much from the first film, and made more mistakes.