Don't Like The Direction This Show Is Taking

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Mar 13, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    The grass! I think I saw it blink! GET IT! ;) 

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Didn't we sort of see this guy in "Stronger, Faster" and "One Shall Fall"?

In "Stronger, Faster" Optimus held Ratchet back from torturing Steve to death for information, saying "Autobots do not inflict harm unless all other options have been exhausted". Yet in the next episode, "One Shall Fall", we see Optimus at the end of his rope with Megatron - all options HAVE been exhausted, and he's ready to deliver the killing stroke. And in that instance, I had no problem with Optimus going for the kill in that episode, most likely because the rationale had been set up. I suppose that in the case of movie Prime, I was so conditioned by G1 Prime's ideals that I was applying them to his movie incarnation (a fallacy, I can admit) - and out of that was born my distaste for movie Prime and how he conducted himself. I've pretty much grown to see the different incarnations of Optimus as different characters, so it really doesn't bother me too much anymore.

3. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRUTH! to the MAX!

In regards to the opening post..human deaths are okay then, if its confirmed to not be Prime doing them and some clone/other character?

Anyways, as many are saying, it's true. Over reaction to the extreme..Prime, if it is him, harming humans won't scar anyone. Even looking at the scene, we can kinda see its one of those commercial break/scene cut, so we prob won't even see anyone get hurt, just the aftermath..

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^see most Anime shows for obvious reference to dark tones and death and violence not to mention sexual/ comical themes and what not. and ta-da we have TF: Prime.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The title of the episode is 'Nemesis Prime', so that should be a hint.

6. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    FatalT71: Eh, your mileage will vary there - up to that point we didn't really see TFP Optimus's ferocity except in that zombie fight. You probably remember that he and Ratchet tore through a whole freaking horde of zombies, then Optimus scaled a cliff face while ranting that he would never let Megatron succeed, in one of his most passionate speeches in the entire series thus far. Heck, I was going to post a thread about where the Optimus of Darkness Rising went, but One Shall Fall aired, and he came back. It's a shame that he left to begin with.

I suppose I'm judging TFP Optimus on his performance in Masters & Students, Operation Breakdown, and Stronger, Faster, all of which showed him to be rather soft with the 'Cons. I was downright glad to see him lose it in One Shall Rise, and I hope the "it" in question stays lost. Combine that with the subtle facial cues that Operation Bumblebee gave him, and hopefully a more emotive performance when he's away from the troops and doesn't have to wear the mask of "stoic, remote leader," and we would have that suggested Optimus.

Back on topic, for once I agree with Nachtsider, especially since it would add another brick to Optimus's load.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    To those thinking - especially Leather - that this show has to have many many deaths an episode because it's war, and that makes it dark and mature; watch Toy Story 3. That movie was rated G, yet had children's playthings accepting oblivion as they ride together to a fiery pit of Hell; physical abuse; threat of being crushed, sliced, burned; and God knows what else. And there was no war going on; no guts everywhere. Prime doesn't need to do that if Toy Story 3, a movie that has a label of being for kids, is pretty damn deep and dark, perhaps moreso than Prime.

On the Optimus psycho debate; no, he's not a psycho. Excuse the hell out of him if he's not going to let Megatron, The Fallen, or Sentinel escape to cause more damage to innocent lives. It's okay; let's let the Decepticons who turned loose an army and slaughtered 99% of Chicago live and try again.

To Spunky: I don't know where the Hell you're getting this "US government is good" angle from this show. The government is barely ever mentioned; and when it is, it's always giving Fowler a chewing out for the Autobots' latest demolition mission. And where are you getting the idea that Optimus is going to kill a human on screen? Jesus. One sentence describes that Optimus is going to be destructive. One sentence. And yet you're coming out with this kind of nonsense. Who said he was going to kill humans? Stop jumping to bitch about the show, for God's sake.

8. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm aware... just sayin', until it's confirmed for sake of the discussion and because, though implied and heavily possible, the Prime in that clip isn't exactly confirmed to be Nemesis..

9. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

Optimus killing humans, or nations being run by puppet governments? Gee, I'll definitely go for Optimus killing humans, especially if the humans are the ones IN the puppet government.

Kids' show? Then what is Rescue Bots for? and let's face it, Movie Optimus really made quite an impression, going on a killing spree, huh?

On another perspective, Transformers, in general, are ALIENS. Didn't other alien invaders tried to kill/killed/made sure to kill humans?

Optimus may be noble and virtuous and all, but he ain't no saint.

10. Kazuul

Kazuul Active Member

Are you saying that it was ok for them to kill the MECH just because they're bad guys?

If that's your attitude, I'm more worried about your effect on your kid rather than this show's effect.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Different colors + we saw MECH building one in a previous episode + Optimus wouldn't hurt humans = we can be absolutely sure that is Nemesis in the clip.

12. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Are the colors really different? I definitely thought I saw an SG color scheme going on but I couldn't be sure if it was new colors or weird lighting.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I thought it looked like a battle damaged Optimus. So THAT'S how we'll get First Edition Prime!

14. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

THIS.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's pretty much impossible to tell if he has different colors because of the video quality. He looked damaged but I couldn't tell if the colors are different.

16. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    If that makes you feel better then sure. I already explaiend that it's highly likely and probably is...I've acknowledged that, so dunno what you're trying to prove

This stuff right here. He looks to be the same red/blue except muddied and rusted, but time will tell.

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i love tfs prime and this show is cool

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

THIS MAN. This man. Should be an inspiration to us all.

19. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Agreed!

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up that this is going to be anything other than the obvious and predictable cliche it appears to be in the clip.