Don't Like The Direction This Show Is Taking

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

SPOILERS

Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled about episode 8 and the recent clip that was shown.

I don't like the direction TFP is taking. According to the Episode 8 description and the recent clip, M.E.C.H. obviously either takes control of Optimus or creates a clone of him to create havoc and destruction at a military base. Personally, I hope Optimus nor his clone kills humans. Some would like that, but for crying out loud, THIS IS A KIDS SHOW! It's one thing to show Cons harming humans or Bots and Cons harming evil faceless MECH soldiers. But for the most heroic Autobot of them all to kill innocent humans in uniform with faces? This will scar the kid viewers and could put a serious wedge between their parents and Hasbro. Plus it would just be STUPID considering the fact that, according to the Orion Pax episodes, it is mentioned that the Cons merely wounded human soldiers. Optimus Prime, the hero of the story, is allowed to kill humans but the evil Cons are only allowed to wound them? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I will lose all respect for the writers if Optimus wounds or kills a single human!

And I'm sick of all the "U.S. government is good and everything outside of it is evil" crap! The movies had a disease of it and though there is not nearly as much in this show, it's getting on my nerves. I am afraid that they are going to do the tired and boring "U.S. government suspects the Autobots are bad and asks them to leave" plotline. Oh yeah, the good old, "the U.S. government is good and wonderful and if the bots have human enemies they must be evil outsider terrorists." Please! A New World Order was mentioned for crying out loud. I think this show should make the U.S. government evil. Ok, not make them evil, but have a shadow government that is evil, pulling the strings of the U.S. government, and has less then benevolent intentions for the bots. Have them try to capture the TFs themselves or try to kill them for purely selfish self-serving reasons that have nothing to do with protecting the citizens of Earth.

2. Deltus

Deltus 異種

You said it your self its a kids show you think kids wanna watch politics at ALL. All they want is giant robots fighting and what not. Though I wouldnt mind the idea of shadow goverment.

3. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

I literally could not stop laughing throughout this whole thing. Not a good attempt at all.

0/10

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Politics? You mean conspiracies. To be honest, I prefer neither if they are trying to keep this thing a simple kiddy show. But the show did mention the New World Order so there you go. But Optimus killng humans? Or even wounding them? That's a huge mistake. I think Hasbro will be taking some flak if that happens.

5. Skywarp2413

Seeing as how you apparently weren't trying to troll, I guess I'll reply.

How will they take flak for it? This show has repeatedly shown to be not just a "kiddie show", with its dark plots and repeated deaths and near-deaths. I applaud them for not sticking to the simple-minded "Oh those mean ol' Decepticons are at it again guys, let's go stop 'em!" bullshit that most other incarnations had. If they get a bad rap for doing this excellent idea, I will lose my faith in humanity (what little I had left to begin with).

6. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    You suck! Kids shows are too soft! Stop being a baby. My complaint is the lack of deaths. THIS IS A WAR!!! Watch rescue bots if you want a little kids show

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

We need characters to care about before the gore starts m'boi. BTW OP, you so funny. Especially when Hasbro themselves said they want this show to appeal to both older kids and adult audiences.

8. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

And they'll lose the kid appeal if they have Optimus, brainwashed or cloned, kill or harm humans. And probably some of the adult appeal to considering the fact that evil Cons are only allowed to harm human, but good ole Optimus has permission to kill them!

9. Deltus

Deltus 異種

A cartoon does not need loads of death'n'gore to be mature. look at Batman the animated series I dont remember anyone dying on screen in that show yet it was still a show a that attracted many different ages. Its all about how well writen the characters are.

10. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I don't suck. I'm stating the obvious. It IS a kid's show whether you like it or not! Personally, I'd rather have it be PG-13. But Hasbro wants the largest audience possible. Hence it has to be a family show. Ok, it's a family show, which means it has to be APPROPRIATE for kids!

11. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I think you're jumping the gun a bit, the episode doesn't air like a month.
    Even if Nemesis Prime, whatever he turns out to be, does kill humans do you really think they'd show it in such gruesome detail that it would scar kids for life?
    Prime is a much more mature show than those before it, but at worst it would just show a few bodies lying around, no blood and guts, dismembered limbs or charred corpses, thus leaving their fate ambiguous, hardly emotionally scarring.

Regarding your second point, I haven't seen any of that "US Government rules!" stuff in the show. And yeah, I can't see kids going for the political angle.
    One last thing, aren't MECH already offering that story of evil-group-trying-to-use-Transformers-for-their-own-nefarious-ends-to-establish-a-New-World-Order?

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Bulkhead and Arcee have each killed humans.

13. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

you think the united states government is going to take kindly to hasbro making them look bad? especially in front of young american kids?

14. Skywarp2413

You are correct.
    Character deaths are not needed to make the show darker, just a more serious tone (which I doubt they will have as long as Miko is still around). On the other hand, I'm sure nameless people got caught in the crossfire and were killed at least a few times on that show. I'm just saying that this whole MECH storyline can really bring a darker and more serious tone to the whole show, if executed properly.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Optimus doesn't have permission! MECH hijacks him (I assume) and uses him. We don't even know if there are any human deaths. Besides, it's technically at MECH's hands since they're controlling him. I'm sure Optimus will take full responsibility for his actions.
    Who knows? It may not even be him! It could be that the bot MECH built accidentally scans Optimus (a la Armada Scourge) as he bursts through the door?
    No kid appeal will be lost with a few human deaths. Have you seen some of the trash on Nick and Cartoon Network these days? This shit is pretty tame.

15. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

They were faceless evil M.E.C.H. soldiers. It's another whole ballgame to have the most moral and heroic bot of them all kill uniformed government soldiers in cold blood regardless of whether he's brainwashed or cloned. Especially since the Decepticons, the ones who have no morals, are only allowed to wound those same soldiers at the most.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Lack of deaths really? :sly:  Didnt you see the rather graphic onscreen deaths of Cliffjumper,Skyquake,Makeshift,Tailgate,and some gurads and MECH troopers at all? Or were you not paying attention? Either way there HAVE been deaths onscreen and quite graphic too. The show clealry showed that people can die in the war and in case you weren't paying attention Jack said this to Miko in the Darkness Rising arc and a couple of episodes too.

You're basically asking a children's show to go on R rated levels of violence and while the show has adark tone it knows when to not go too far to scar the kids wathcing it. Even Batman TAS knew when to cross the line when it comes to dark content. Violecne does not make a show serious and dark. It's characters and storys do and violence is only a tool for it.

I know that you're not into the show and I resepct that but it seems that you're maybe having a too big of an expectation and not seeing the acutal deaths that occuered.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They're still humans. My point stands.

18. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense meant.... but open the door and go outside. There are MUCH more important things to stress about. Seriously.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, yes.

I'm not a fan of how this show is going, either, but this statement is very true and I wish more people understood this.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The show already had humans dying the day Arcee exploded two cars with people inside in the first MECH episode. The show had death from episode 1. Stop over reacting. They NEVER show the actual damage bodies and corpses, it's not like they will start going Grindhouse on our asses.