Don't like the Botcon Set? I'll (partially) pay for you to go to Botcon!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Wajo357, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Due to a few reasons, I am unable to make it to Botcon this year. However, I am still interested in all of the figures. I hear a lot of people have no interest in the botcon figures, so lets see if we can make a deal that makes both of us happy.

Convention/Botcon set:
    I'll pay for 1/2 a Primus Package (club member price) - $150 for you to experiance Botcon to the fullest. You'll obviously get all of the benefits of a primus package. I would receive all of the figures from the botcon set (the actual box set with the box etc) AND the free figure. You could obviously buy for yourself a loose set if you want.

Customizing Class:
    You can also enjoy the experiance of the customizing class - for 1/2 price if you ship to me the figure after Botcon (the figure must be completely assembled and finished).

Other figures:
    All other Exclusive figures sold at the convention will be bought for me and I'll pay for the actual cost (you pay for the shipping with the botcon box set).

Fine Print:

1)If the person for the figures does not want to do the customizing class, a separate deal can be done for the customizing class for someone else.

2)You must have excellent feedback from ebay, TFW2005, and have 3 people vouch for you. (See my references in my sig for my feedback)

3)I am open to discussing the payment details. I envision that I pay the $150 upfront so you will have the money for the preregistration and everything will be AFTER delivery. A am willing to do an escro service but I will have to learn the details.

4)You'll be registering under your name...

5)If there are multiple people who want to work this deal out with me, I'll choose based on my own critera (proximity to my location, feedback, posts on TFW, recommendations...)

6)I'll try to make a decision before registration opens so you know how to sign up.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'll try to edit this first post with any updates as they occur.

Thanks!
    Joey

I am open to talking with you and trying to work something out.

Enjoy Botcon! Wish I was there!

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...So what you're basically saying is
    "I'll buy your Botcon boxed set AND attendee exclusive for $150, and your ridiculously rare customising class figure for around $45. Oh, and YOU pay shipping."
    To be perfectly blunt, that is an utterly appalling deal. I'd be AMAZED if anyone takes you up on it.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, no offense guy but someone can turn around and put all their stuff up on eBay on the same day and make a profit instead of the huge loss that you're offering.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    ^^^

Yeah, I'm sorry, but you sound like a used car salesman: smooth words, but you forget to tell the person that they are getting ripped off. Minor detail, you know?

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You can flip it in the Dealer Room for at least what you paid for it. Usually more.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Them's some BALLZ there, guy.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know what? I've decided that I hate money so I think I'll sell it to this guy instead.

8. Wajo357

News Credits:
    The idea was to help the guy pay for botcon and help me get the figures without paying too much. Not everybody has $300 to shell out to go to a convention in this economy. Your'e right - most people can flip the set for more. I was trying to appeal to the guy who just wants to go for the experiance without dealing in too many hastles. I'm sorry if some of you don't think its the best idea in the world, but it was worth a shot...

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep trying, maybe someone will answer.

>_< I want the set too, but those package prices are too rich for my blood.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Why don't you just set up a deal and someone buys the figures and you pay them what the figures cost, yanno?

11. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kickback has spoken!!!!!!!!

12. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If someone takes that deal they should be kicked in the penis :) 

13. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you want a complete set, box set and attending freebe and attending toy packs 1 and 2 I get $1000.00 plus shippping and handling fees. Done that for the last 4 botcon shows

14. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Thanks for the offer, but I can't see myself paying more than cost for the figures. I just can't afford more than that.

15. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Like what everybody else said already, folks can easily flip the box set and all the other stuff for around $1000 on ebay. Just offering $150 for the box set is lowing ball. If you can't afford it, then I suggest you move on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.