'Don't leave me, Soundwave'

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

What do you think would have happened had Megatron been left on the battlefield? Knowing how the Autobots are I mean. And considering that Prime would still have passed while he was presumably in their custody.

I can see Kup or maybe Springer walkin up to him and ending it somehow after Prime went. Unless they had an "Optimus wouldnt want it this way moment".

Would Megatron then have laughed in their face with his little strength, while shackled up the way Shockwave had him in the Marvel comics?

2. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I don't think Megatron would've survived. He was in really bad shape, after all.

So, basically, Unicron might've actually won, because there would've been no Galvatron to screw all his plans up.

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I don't think they would've killed Megs on the spot since Prime hadn't died at that point. Maybe take him into custody? But I feel like the 'cons would've put up some fight, altho they have been known to leave Megatron before...

I don't think it could've really gone down any other way than it did in the movie. Each side picked up the pieces of their fallen leader and returned to their respective sides.

4. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Kept him as a prisoner,and decide the next course of action.during which Autobots apparently polishing their guns for some reason

5. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron was bleeding out and was more or less dying. I think anyone of the Autobots would have finished the job, specially if they were aware Prime was dying/dead. I can see Kup/Hot Rod, heck even Magnus pulling the trigger.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

My thinking is he would have survived.

He once survived an explosion that blew Cybertron out of Earths orbit.

7. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

They would had took him prisoner, though it would had gave Hot Rod every mean to avenge Prime.

8. Highlander77

Highlander77 Active Member

More interesting, to me, than the question of what the Autobots would have done with him is the question of what would have happened to the Decepticons if Starscream had actually remained leader for more than 6 seconds.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I think the Autobots (in all of their brilliance) would have simply left him there & gone about their plan normally. Then he'd have crawled away into hiding, finding himself thrown onto/into Unicron once the attack went down anyway, and we'd pretty much have ended up with the same plotline regardless.

... till all are one?

10. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Thats what I was thinkin too. You woulda had Soundwave or maybe Shockwave perhaps try to gather a squad to retrieve Megatron. Or maybe Screamer contacted by Unicron to destroy Matrix. Megatron could have thwarted that, shank Screamer from behind on Autobot City, and be "rewarded" by Unicron with Galvatron etc. Movie ensues pretty much from "Escape". That would have been a good part to have the "autobot city gets melted down" outtake.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Given how resilient Megatron is, he likely would've limped back to Cybertron to regroup with the Decepticons, encountering Unicron along the way, the movie playing out basically the same way.
    Even if captured by the Autobots, Megatron probably would've escaped while the Bots were debating whether to kill him or not, limped back to Cybertron, etc, etc..

Let's say some Bot decided to take matters into his own hands and off Megatron. Most likely that Bot would just so happen to be on the infamous "kill" list himself, and thus get murdered by Megatron, who then escapes/regroups/Unicron/etc..

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahah yeah, and I can just imagine one of the Dinobots (lets say Sludge) being entrusted with guarding Megatron in his cage.

In that case he probably wouldn't end up dying, but it would be a classic nevertheless.

13. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

That maybe so, but he looked in much worse shape after the battle with Prime in the movie. Although to be honest, if there was no intervention, and Megatron was left on the battlefield, he might live for a day, a few days, or not die at all.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i would think they would have chained him up somewhere secure in the city and let the dinobots have their punching toy LOL

15. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They would have kept him prisoner, but with the Autobots being the good guys and not rule breakers, they would have had to paint him in neon colours so that he passed safety laws when their base got inspected by health & safety reps....

16. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Megs would have died a slow painful death there on the field. He was pretty messed up and loosing power and strange glowy fluids.

17. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol 

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

If Megatron was left behind, I'm sure the Autobots would have kept him as their prisoner until he eventually died.

19. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I doubt Megs would have died, given proper treatment. If no treatment, he would have died.

I doubt any Autobots would have taken him out, it against what they stand for, or what I see they stand for.

Having survived and a captive, perhaps he would lead the Autobots to help stop Starscream who's probably helped Unicron and now all life is threatened, even Megatron's!

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I reckon Kup would've shot Megatron. He was already urging Optimus to finish him off, and once Optimus had been so badly damaged by Megatron's surprise blastering I think Kup would've felt it his old soldier's duty to bean the bad guy in the head that caused all this death and carnage.
    Either that or Starscream should've shot Megatron before leaving the city.