Don't hate me! Possible plot holes already for TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, Dec 17, 2010.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    I know, I know the movie isn't remotely close to coming out and we have seen only the teaser trailer. However the teaser has raised some questions for me personally. And these questions POSSIBLY lead to plot holes. Please note this is strictly for conversation sake.

So we nearly have confirmation that the Ark is in fact on the moon. We don't know for how long or why. However, these are the questions that brewed in my brain after watching the teaser and it may be cool to discuss.

How could the Autobots not know about the Ark on the moon?

In ROTF we found out about the seekers, how could they not know about the Ark or tell anybody about it?

In ROTF we had all 12 or 13 Primes on earth who sacrificed them selves ( 12 or 13 depending on who the gold guy is) they wouldn't know about it?

How did we not bring this up to the autobuts in TF1? We did find the Ark almost 40 yrs earlier. We found Megs well before the Ark, wouldn't that have been important info?

With all the government interaction now why wouldn't the autobots have known about this earlier? Why wouldn't we have told them about it?

If both the Autobots and Megs found the allsparks signal in TF1 why did it takes Optimus and company so many years to show up and look for it?

How did we find the Ark on the other side of the moon?

If sector 7 knew about the seekers in ROTF why are we surprised to find the Ark? We already knew about them.

If we reversed engineered technology from Megs what did we do with the Ark and the gold guy for the past 40 yrs?

The list could go on and on, and at the end of the day I don't love these movies for the plot and or story I love giant robots kicking ass. Also a movie based on alien robots could easily have plot holes, it just seems this movie has alot more than usual :) 

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    All will likely be explained. If it isn't, I'm going to have trouble liking the movie.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Their entire freaking history is written on the Cube. Not everybody can read it like most of us don't read Latin.

If you look closely Jetfire is closer to appearance and structure to the Primes and their armies in the flashback. He knows there is a war going on Cybertron but he doesn't know the principal players. Optimus and Megatron are from a later generation of Transformers with silvery looks. Jetfire descended from the first generation.

The Autobots were not privy to their history. Probably the similar reasons as to Maximal Elders keeping the Great War and Earth's location classified.

The second generation of Decepticons whom Megatron organized was privy to some of the ancient history of Transformers. Probably through the Fallen and his minions.

The Seven Primes were their original leaders. Note on Original. The Dynasty of Primes is like a royal or imperial family. Among those Seven they had children to carry the Prime name. In the first movie Optimus called Cybertron an empire which was peaceful and just until Megatron started his war to acquire the Allspark.

The Fallen cried to Optimus to die like his brothers. This means the Fallen had a hand in wiping out the entire Prime clan with exception of one, or so he believed.

While Sam was possessed by the Allspark he argued with his Proffessor that Einstein was wrong and mentioned evidence provided by the Sentinel Prime Expedition. This was the only Prime other than Optimus explicitly named.

Given the Fallen was in command of the ancient ship Nemesis according to Hasbro and this Prime an occupant of the Ark then Primes may have had the priviledge to command ships.

Real world reason it wasn't written yet not plothole. If haven't noticed yet we have a new writer.

If you haven't notice they weren't on the dark side of the moon. Heck in real life they weren't.

[​IMG]

Don't let the title mislead you. Dark of the Moon means the time period of approximately a week at the time of a new moon, when the light of the moon is absent at night. Any period in which the light of the moon is obscured.

For that matter ever heard of telescopes?

We don't know if this was a Sector 7 operation only NASA was involved. Hardly anybody knows Sector 7 exist. They are so compartmentalize they wont talk to other government agencies. Heck in the ARG they stole data from the Pentagon itself though hacking.

From what Simmons said his superiors wont let him further investigate the findings of Project Black Knife, telling him he was obsessed. Or maybe his superiors did not want an unstable person with such level of information. He did leak like Wikileaks whistle blowers after he was fired.

Its one thing finding the Cube, NBE-1 and a bunch of rusting comatose geriatric Transformers its another to find a frigging space ship.

Watch the fricking Movie we don't see the future.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hum, I not sure people can hate you for pointing out plot holes and inconsistencies in a Micheal Bay movie because it's something you just about have to expect in his films. One of his films without plot holes or other story telling problems would be like one of his films without explosions, thus ain't never going to happen.

Perhaps some of it will be explained but the tie in books and comic books are going to have a heck of time attempting to patch up everything not covered in the movie.

5. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    RELAX! First of all I stated this to be for the point of conversation don't take it personally gheesh. And secondly you didn't answer one question, or I didn't convet my message correctly. I will re hash my question so you can better understand them.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    With a bit of luck they'll be explained, but considering how messy the story telling of the movie verse has been, I'm not counting on it. :( 

7. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    Fixed questions just for you.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    First off, let's have the correct conversation. A "plot hole" is a moment in a singular movie that contradicts something that happened before - in that specific movie. Here's an example: in ROTF, Sam, Mikaela and Leo are clearly seen leaving the warehouse (after being abducted) without bringing the box Wheelie is in with them. Later on, they are shown to have the box in their possession. That's a contradiction, and therefore, a plot hole.

Because they were millions of miles away? This seems like a very easy question to answer, there's dozens of plausible reasons why. It's been stated several times in the first two films that there has been a lot of death in the Transformers race, so I'm sure it was assumed that when this ship was lost, it was understandable why, if the concerned parties even knew where it was to begin with.

Because they weren't looking for a ship on the Moon, they were looking for the Sun Harvester on Earth. And Jetfire couldn't remember what planet he was on when he was reactivated. And we don't know that Jetfire or any other Seekers didn't know about the Ark. There were more pressing matters to attend to at the time.

Again, just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they didn't know about it - assuming that it happened before their sacrifice. If they were dead before the crash, then I don't think it's fair to fault them on that one.

Cube>Ark, perhaps. The Cube is clearly established as a source of life for the Transformers - and they were coming for it, on Earth. Probably best to settle that issue first before dealing with crashed spaceships.

See above.

That's not really a plot hole for the third movie, is it?

We don't know that the Ark is on the dark side of the moon. All we know is that in the trailer, Walter Cronkite said that Apollo 11 was on the far side of the moon. Which could easily have been what he was told by NASA as the reason for the loss of signal - which they needed to have people think happened so they could explore the Ark without the population of Earth knowing about it.

Did Sector 7 know about the Seekers? I'm a little fuzzy but I remember Simmons being pretty surprised at all the info Wheelie had. But regardless - who was surprised at finding the Ark? It's pretty clear from the trailer that we went to the Moon specifically for the Ark - they knew it was there when they went, in fact, that's why they went.

Who says we did anything with either? Obviously there is nothing we could have done with the Ark at the time (unless TF3 introduces a vast space conspiracy of secret trips to the Moon). I think it's a bit of editing trickery, but I don't think the Apollo 11 expedition and the "awakening" of the robot happened at the same time. Perhaps it happens in the current timeline, and is the reason for the plot of TF3.

This movie hasn't been released yet - it doesn't even have a plot to have holes.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I didn't take it personally. You started the discussion I answered even the most ridiculous questions you have. For one thing you do not even know what a plothole is.

By your reaction you weren't even thinking anybody would answer your questions thoroughly.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Easy. It's on the moon. I dont see how they could know, being stranded on Earth and never once stopping by the moon, let alone scan it's entire surface. (which is not exactly small)

Because they're job is to look for the sun harvester on Earth, not the moon.

That most likely happened LONG before the Ark crashed on the moon. The Transformers on the ship look much like the Transformers of the present, so they could not have been there since the time of the Primes.

We've seen how much the Government hesitates to fully disclose top secret information to the Autobots.

The Autobots refused to share their weapon technology with the humans, and the humans never told the Autobots about the railgun.

Because space is big and getting a signal's source from lightyears away is not easy. Probably doesn't help the Autobots that they turned into meteors whiel Megs was a full-on space ship.

Most likely it was discovered prior to the NASA launch, and they had discovered it with telescpose and other equipement before sending an investigaton team.

Simmons believed in the Seekers, but ROTF excplicitly states S7 thought it was BS and stopped the research.

And you say "we" like this was all public knowledge in the movieverse and the Government never kept Megatron or anything from us or anybody else for decades apon decades.

Left him on the moon. How couls we get somethign THAT big off the moon with no one noticing. Alternatively, if the movie offers some explanation to how we could, just wait for it's explanation on what we've been doing with it.

We seriously need to learn patience. What can't be explained with common sense is more than likely to just be explained in the movie.

11. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    You guys clearly didn't get where I was going here. No problem. I was kind of referring to plot holes in the trilogy. My fault. I guess it's more difficult to convey a message through a key board than I thought. No sweat gents.

12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What didn't they get? You posed questions in a hope to expose plot holes and they filled them with simple logic. I don't see the misunderstanding.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah theres plot holes in the movies, but nothing you said was a plot hole was a plot hole.

The simple fact is you just can't start calling things you haven't thought through plot holes until you've actually seen the movie.

14. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    I just said two post above you guys IN THE EFFIN TRILOGY!!!!!! PLOT HOLES IN THE EFFIN TRILOGY. Do you get it now?

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An "effin" triology that hasn't been finished yet, so it is far too soon to be trying to knock holes in it.

And, as has been said over and over again, what you asked were not plot holes.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some of the stuff fans have come up with to fill in the holes is sometimes even better than the movie answers so if the movie doesn't cover it someone else will.

17. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

I hate you.

:D 

But seriously, I think that Bay will think of some explanation. It might be really shitty, but it's an explanation at least.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :lol , yeah, ever since Barricade took a different route on the freeway in TF1 only to never be seen again, that really made me flip over.

TF3 will have no plot holes, it will explain where Bonecrusher, Barricade and Frenzy are located and likely explainn the differences between Blackout and Grindor. It will be the best TF ever!! :lol 

Fine, on a more serious note ( and I'm just having fun, please don't take this serious.) we should be rather use to how the script has been treating the robots lately, and not be surprised at all if we see more plot holes.

If it had to retouch on explaining missings parts of the story, I would appreciate if Bay/writers mentioned Barricade first, before anything else. :thumb 

19. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    I see some of your points. I for one hope they don't rush through the explanations. I hope they take time.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Zone out, buddy boy.

The trilogy's directed by Michael Bay, and written by people who have little experience writing Transformers stories. Plot holes will come with the territory.