Don't forget the boy!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I know there's a lot of inconsistency, plenty of "plot holes" and tons of plain old head scratchers in the overall story of TF2, but this one particular moment jumped out at me on first viewing. It, to me, really exemplifies either lazy writing or lazy execution of the writing... or something.

After fighting tooth and nail with Optimus, in order to get to Sam, AND finally defeating him, Megatron... well, he... he. just. leaves.

Whuuu?

Understandably, after the fight he just put up (undoubtedly a little drained) he may not have wanted to contend with the arriving Autobot forces, but besides trying to kill Optimus, what he was doing was TRYING TO GET SAM!

THAT'S WHAT HE WAS DOING!

So in a nutshell, Megatron kills Optimus with no other Autobots around. No one else around, except Sam. Optimus crashes to the ground, immobilized, while Sam stands helplessly nearby and Megatron, with nothing to stand in his way of grabbing the boy, bolts. Wow.

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I think Sam was just hiding as best as he could, and the rest of the Autobots did arrive fairly shortly after Prime's death.

3. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

really do we need anymore of these "I didnt like the movie for what it was" or anymore "ugh there were to many plot holes" threads because they really are getting annoying.

4. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

The other Autobots arrive right as Prime dies, the slow motion just makes it seem longer. At that point, Megatron and Starscream were outnumbered. Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Skids, and Mudflap could all take on Megatron and Starscream with combined forces, so Megatron and Starscream fled, though even they admitted that, besides killing Prime, the battle itself went terribly.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He was in hot pursuit, but he was in pretty sorry condition after his fight with Prime. (and Starscream wasn't much better) He couldn't fight 6 (possibly more if Jolt was there, which I can't remember) Autobots with only a one-armed and bruised Starscream as backup.

He was kinda pissed about that.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

actually your point is really annoying.

"Hi im really not concerned with the quality of the movie i just paid money for since im a trust funder so all you go to hell."

What the hell is the point of a thread if not to talk about shit like this.

This movie sucked on every level other than explosions and cgi so what the hell is the big deal if people want to bitch about it. I m just happy as shit to see people threw away 25 years of transformers just to shoot their friggin cgi wad I mean come on now.

It bears repeating this movie is so lazily done that you pretty much get the sense the director is saying to him self " wow these fans are idiots they ll buy anything that has the name on large cgi robot and it blows up".

I find it more astonishing how fans just shit all over long time favorite characters like ravage and jazz for having them survive millions of years only to die an instant death to the sounds of " he is dead end of story" or " that was bad ass" . This movie and fandom just makes life more miserable every day.

Not a Good day trust it

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Out of all the plotholes in the movie, this one isn't really one..

His objectives were to kill Prime and capture Sam..but he didn't neccesarily had to do them both at once. As soon as he kills Prime in the forest, he goes after Sam, but runs into the Autobots.

Even though Megatron and Starscream are more powerful, they were weakened in the fight, so they'd rather run and come for Sam later than try to get him and possibly die.

If you want a better plot hole: just before the forest scene there is an awesome scene in a factory..thingy. As soon as Prime shoots Megatron through the window, there is a small time in which Megatron could just take a couple of shots at Prime, while he yells for Sam..instead, he transforms into a tank and drives off :p ...

I disliked ROTF, loved the first one, but the second one is a trainwreck to me..but is this seriously affecting your life and making it miserable? Sounds like somebody needs to take a break and get back to reality..

Even if it's everything you don't want Transformers to be, and then some more, what's keeping you from just ignoring it alltogether, and focus on enjoying the toys/series you DO like? :)  You'll feel much better!
    And to be honest, yes, some people are like a brick wall, you can't debate with them because they will only shout stuff like 'IT'S JUST A MOVIE MAN' and it's annoying..but the same thing can be said about people that are the opposite of it. For example, yourself, because I have yet to see a post by you in the movie forum that isn't shitting all over the movieverse..

8. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Actually Megatron had 2 missions: Getting Sam for the coordinates of the Matrix and Killing Prime so that The Fallen could come down to Earth. He managed to complete one and he couldn't get Sam with all those Autobots around. So they let Sam escape and made him do all the work. But I still think their plan worked out pretty well if you know they managed to kill Optimus.

9. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

I actually liked the movie i enjoyed it for what it was. if you dont like the movies why go see a second one? hmm, just so you could argue with those who do like it.

10. jametron

News Credits:
    Take a horse tranq there Sally. Seriously... Is this not a board for discussion? I thought it was. Besides, I'm not even pissed about it, nor did I state "I didn't like the movie blah blah blah..." or whatever you're putting in my mouth.

It's just a movie. I gots far bigger worries than how a Transformers film ultimately was presented, I'm just looking for conversation, debate, thoughts... you know, message board-like shit.

11. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

They might have been able to catch Sam, when he was watching Prime fall, but it was possible that he had seen the Autobots coming and Just decided to let them go. Megatron is certainly powerful, but Skids, Mudflap, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Sideswipe combined could easily over whelm the weaken decepticon. The fact that Starscream was down wasn't helping either.

12. jametron

News Credits:
    I don't know... it just seems to me all he had to do was grab him and take off.

//shrugs

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    THIS.

14. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Why is it the ones critcizing always ask a question that has a simple answer that requires very little thinking like this one.

15. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what he said ^, sounds like the OP didnt even watch it.

Too busy with his little pen and notepad writing down things he didnt understand or get instead of just sitting back and watching a great action movie :) 

16. An-Tan

An-Tan is a girl.

oh for pete's sake, get off your high horse Tommybg2003. That sort of comment was completely unneeded.

17. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    but if my horse isnt high he wont let me ride him :( 

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you guys need to stop patting yourselves on the back and rewatch the scene. The scene is poorly edited and it causes a gap that lends room for these kind of questions and the thread starter has a right to point them out.

After Megatron stabs and shoots Prime, Prime literally falls over at Megatron's feet. Prime also falls so close to Sam that Sam gets covered with debris. Sam then stands up and stairs at prime while Prime tells him to run. Granted it's in slow motion but Sam is literally like 15 to 20 feet away from Megatron and Megatron does nothing. Doesn't say anything, doesn't try and grab him he's not even in the damn scene. Sam runs off into the forest and again, Megatron says nothing and does nothing. Sam then magically shows up in a different section of the forest where all the Autobots just happen to be. I also dont buy the whole Megatron had to leave because their was like 6 autobots. Megatron took on all three autobots in mission city and sent them running and Starscream took out ratchet and ironhide without even trying. What makes it worse is they both can fly. Why not bomb them from above or make BB crash. They just say screw it and fly to NY city.

19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I think it might have been just old habits, he merely forgot to say "DECEPTICONS... RETREAT!" :lol 

20. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    this thread just...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.