Don't buy these omnibots

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by patobot, Jan 28, 2010.

1. patobot

patobot ۝۝۝۝۝۝۝۝ Scanning ۝۝۝۝۝۝۝

Don't buy from seller wastewise on ebay. He has two Omnibots for sale:

DOWNSHIFT G1 TRANSFORMERS OMNIBOT SEALED IN ORG BAG NR - eBay (item 160398238316 end time Jan-31-10 16:39:31 PST)

CAMSHAFT G1 TRANSFORMERS OMNIBOT SEALED IN ORIG BAG NR - eBay (item 160398237387 end time Jan-31-10 16:34:11 PST)

The seller says they have never been opened but they definitely do not come stapled. I asked him about the staple:

"Hi. Could you please send me a picture of the tape. I have two Omnibots and they are not stapled. Thanks"

Here's his reply:

"Hi, thanks for your interest, but unfortunately, from my experience, it is the 'serious' collectors that are the most likely to give negatives since they are the experts and the slightest little problems will provoke them. Maybe the staples are at the wrong angle, or not shiny enough, but whatever, I'm not an expert, I sell things as-is, as-shown. Also, I block all bidders like that from bidding. Again, sorry, but it's not worth the risk of getting a negative given ebays new rules on feedback.

Since you have 2 anyway, a third one won't really make a difference.

Thanks for your understanding,"

ENOUGH said.

2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Soooo...because of a staple I shouldn't buy from a seller?

Both are minty, he has good feedback, and he's not over-inflating the prices or trying to rip anyone off. I may bid on them myself. Thanks for bringing them to my attention :D 

3. patobot

Perhaps I should have titled this thread, be warned if you bid on these Omnibots. You can buy from anyone you want but the seller claims they are factory sealed when it is not the case. To me it's as bad as someone selling a KO and claiming it's genuine. A resealed item is not worth as much as a sealed one. I was simply warning other collectors, as not everyone knows how they are factory sealed.

Here's how a factory sealed Omibot should look like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The guy is an arrogant dick, but sealed or not I would bid on those.

LOL at his comment about you in his auction - he REALLY doesn't like you.

5. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    And he's supposed to know this how? He admits he's no expert in his reply to you. If he were told by his seller that they were factory sealed he wouldn't have a reason to doubt it - would he? It's not like a box where it's obvious.

You have a point, and I see it, but we're talking about mailorder Transformers that, quite frankly, most people don't care about having. It's the premise and I get that, but I don't see this as that big a deal. Certainly not big enough to say "don't buy from this guy."

If he combines shipping I'm probably going to bid on them -they're in great shape.

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, the seller came off as quite the dick in the explanation as to why he would, essentially, block bidders who ask questions about items.

7. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    He did come off like an ass, but the response doesn't really jive with a simple question about staples. Nonetheless, I asked him about combined shipping and admitted I'm a collector, so we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Well, it doesn't appear that he's against collectors, per se:

Q: Would you combine shipping if I win both Omnibots? How secure is your packaging? Sorry to ask, but I'm a collector (as I'm sure you guessed, who else would bid on these?) and I just like to make sure the toys are mint. I appreciate your time. Thanks.

A: Thanks for the question, I always look forward to helping out the serious collector. There is NO extra charge at all if someone wins both for mailing. FREE, no charge, for the second item. The seal (tape) look original, and looks untampered with. But, I'm no expert, and not a toy judge/expert, so, you have to go by the pictures and my wording. I am a buyer too, and expect good packaging, the package has to protect the item, expecially when it is so rare as this. Thanks again, and I hope this answers you fully.

He answered my question politely, professionally, and didn't post a comment about me on his auctions. What did you say to him patobot?

8. patobot

Exactly! I would never have posted about this in the forums if he had replied like a civilized person. I politely asked for pictures then he blocks me because I'm a 'serious collector'. Omnibots are obviously not worth as much as other Transformers, but as I said, they are worth at least 3x when they are sealed. If you buy an item, you have to keep in mind that you may want to resell it later.

And if he had checked my 'feedback left' on ebay, he would have seen that I have NEVER left negative feedback.

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If I win it it's coming out of that bag. The bag will end up in the garbage lickety-split.

10. patobot

LOL. I didn't see that. I guess it's time to report then ;-)

This sounds like a fair price. Sealed Omnibots usually sell for ~$50. I've seen them sell for as high as $120 though.

11. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Damn straight it will. Am I going to get in a bidding war with you?

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't know, I only want Downshift. There's a couple out there going for $20-$30, so I probably won't bid very high.

13. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

I'm just pointing out that its funny that the title of the thread is "Don't buy these omnibots". But yet the seller will probably get twice as many bids now from this thread. The irony.

14. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Don't curse me now, c'mon.

15. patobot

No matter how much visibility the auctions receive, they will sell according to the current market.

16. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

Keep in mind there are dozens of these omni's in sealed condition. They always have the bilingual instructions and originate in Canada. There was a Seller from Canada that sold at least 25 of each omni sealed a year or so ago. I bought a couple myself.

Show me a set of sealed omnibot's with English only instructions. Those would be worth a second look.

17. patobot

That's true. My two Omnibots are Canadian mail-away. I bought them from two different Canadian sellers and both had multiple for sale. They probably bought them from the seller that you bought yours. The only one I'm missing is Camshaft, would you happen to have an extra one? :)  .. As for US sealed Omnibots, I don't remember seeing a single one (I've only been collecting for a year though). That's why I decided to buy Canadian as 'fillers' but it looks like it will be difficult to replace them.

18. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I have only seen a few US sealed examples for sale. They are hard to come by.

The Camshaft will come around for you soon........but it will be from Canada as well.

I saw a complete sealed set of US omni's sell only once in my 5+ years in the hobby, and they went for over $650.

The fun is in the hunt....Good Luck!!!!!!

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I need a Downshift too....hmmmm

Damn, no doubt.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pathetic. Mark down one ebay seller to avoid.

This guy should be in the "sellers to avoid" ebay section. Who wants to deal with harassing crap like this?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010