Don't buy Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ltcolonel97062, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Is the OP Norm West?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darkshift

Darkshift The Devil's Advocate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nah, we actually like Norm. Right?

3. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  4. ling4

ling4 Active Member

wow. can we create a thread like this?
    anyway for me im not going to buy him. im ok with mp9.

• Like Like x 1
  5. usernamedustin

usernamedustin 3P Scourgatron KO. Has Die-Cast and Ankle-Tilts.

Ok. I still won't buy Backpackimus prime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I wanna buy one so I can repaint Titans Return Hot Rod into Lost Light Rodimus.

7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

He scales nicely with G1 Galvatron.

The alt mode was great.

Personally I'm loving Rodimus Prime.

Back kibble? Parts forming? Who cares?

One of the highlights of the figure is that he DOESN'T have a stupid Primemaster. Worst gimmick since Cyber Planet Keys. No wait, at least they activated a feature.

In his own words, "Suck my exhaust pipe!"

roddy_700px_by_kiwisparked-d9p7ttp.gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Is this thread really still going? :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  9. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Yes it is! Personally I'd love to hear exactly why @Ltcolonel97062 dislikes Roddy so much. While he's far fro perfect, I think Rodimus is a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

Couldn't even if I wanted to. None on shelves here. Ever. Saw the evil redeco, but much as I love Nemesis Prime/Scourge redecos (which I've rarely ever been able to find other than back in RID days) I don't really care about Black Rodimus, whatever his name is.

11. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

Still better than his WFC (or was it FOC?) toy a few years back. Plus I need limbs for the new voyager/torsos!

12. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I just wanted to add that i ordered potp Rodimus prime from my last post. He's always been my favorite figure.

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I dunno.
    I thought he was okay.
    The toy certainly has it's flaw, and perhaps more flaws than $50 is worth, but ImI still enjoying it. Hell I did all over again with Rodimus Unicronus bc I realIy wanted a shattered glass Rodimus.

14. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I already bought him and his repaint :/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gallade

Gallade Trap & Ambush

News Credits:
    So, yeah. How's everyone?

• Like Like x 1
  16. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

lol Roddy high AF.

Now for OP,
    I like the poster who said your not the boss of my Space Winnebago.

In fact my 6YO is. And before POTyPee ever even announced an evolutions Roddy ... my 6yo was watching the 1986 movie last year and asked me for a "Rodimus with the matrix" toy. I told him I would try to find one aka get him a TR hot Rod and a Matrix accessory... so needless to say when this toy was announced I showed it to him, we watched the con coverage and looked at online articles about him. Dissolution is a corrupt disaster so It took a long time for us to actually find oen but that's a rant for later today.

We love it, it does everything a 6 year old needs a giant scale Roddy to do... it has a 'in between voyager and deluxe" Roddimus. We all play with the base figure as Roddimus in case you haven't noticed, most of the popular reviewers and several prominent members on here have mentioned it. The base figure is a slight underdog to TR Galvatron in a one on one fight which is nice. We use the up evolved Roddimus as a "power master" Roddiums along side CW Ultra magnus or TR PMOP. I figure Alpha Trion rebuilt Orion Pax into Optimus prime using the Magnus familys resources, designs to make an ultimate Autobot leader but Hot Rod received the matrix while healthy essentially so the difference between titans Return Hot Rod and the base figure from POTP Roddimus represents not a total rebuild into a new guy like OP got but a more subtle reformatting of the mass and components that were already there in his chassis. We have made several fan modes of a battle station out of the trailer. ...this arrangement gives us three versions of the character to use in various situations. But Honestly we have kept him in Power master mode ( this is something he gained by the same analogue where everyone became combiners or headmaster recently) most of the time because it is just an easy way to store/ keep everything together, it displays more leader class goodness in our collection. I initially sort of fely peer pressure to dislike the shoulder looks but the more I played with the fan mode of leaving " Hot Rod"/ Voyager Roddys arms pointing up when you combine the trailer to make Leader Roddy covering the thigh/ shoulder joists but honestly it plays better in the factory configuration aka the way he is packed in the box. The Space Winnebego mode is just killer, bothe the 6yo the 2yo AND me ALL love roiling it around with both the classic 84-86 cast of cars and trucks AND with the post movie / cybertronian alt modes like the Jumop Starters, Chromedome and breakaway, Blurr, Kup and Arcee... the later group makes a killer little squad of "other than Earth" autobots... which is what we use Roddy for in universe... the leader of the "Master/ Nebulonian/ Pre Zone Galactic Explorers" autobot faction. Like Titan and prime masters that we army build we have two Matrixes in our universe, the Autobots figured out a way to copy it and Roddy and optimus both have one... we make up stories and play that's why we get toys, hell just last night the matrix price from POTP Roddy ended up in TR Repugnus' chest and Repugnus' face ended up in the matrix frame in POTP Roddimus... who can stay Rodimus without the matrix in our universe because of the power master suit, A tric he learned from Headmaster Optimus because its our toys and we play whatever we want, one is 6 one is 2 its all about imagination and the family having fun down in the floor going pew pew and whoosh woosh and blowing up bad guys and having car chases and making up stories.

Having had this a few days now I will tell you the absolute only issues I have with it...\
    1 When we FIRST Transformed it and ONLY the very first time that thigh folding in, tabbing under the wing for the Hot Rod alt mode was scary and frustrating as hell I was mad saying Hasbro screwed up the plastic is too cheap, no kid should be expected to do this... BUT the second time we did it, it went perfect and oops I'm a ragaholic asshole who needs to calm the hell down and give it a beat before judging ... no wait that's OP, I actually said lets wait and see if it works any better once it gets settled in and it did.

So If any of you are having trouble with that aspect of the toy just play with it more and it will sort itself out. We do have some mild stress under the wing but its under the wing and out of sight unless you look inder there for it...and frankly the slight deformation it allowed is likely why the toy works so well now.

2 I would like some functionality from the trailer in alt mode, store a legends class vehicle, more than the two prime/. titan master pegs, some more 5mm holes for gun storage SOMETHING other than just legs folded up into a trailer shape... there just nothing for the kids to DO with the trailer if we purposely tease the story we are playing a little while before Roddy Powers up into power master mode, I would like some stuff for the kids and I to play with in the meantime with the trailer. Especially rolling a car in and out of it like TR PMOP... incidentally this is the main issue I also have with POTP Optimus... you cant USE the trailer for anything.

So yeah OP Raise up you AINT THE BOSS of MY Space Winnebago!

• Like Like x 4
  17. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

I will give it that wfc abominous and bruticus were terrible....,but that was several years back.things should have improved

18. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Speaking as someone who owns Hun-Grr and has tested out his combined form... They have. I own the Infernocus version of the mold, and the limbs are spindly and unstable. Jazz, Dreadwind, and the Dinobots hold the torso's weight much better.
    Cruel but funny.

• Like Like x 2
  20. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

I wasn't going to buy him anyways
    Just want to let you know that it had nothing to do with your post

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.