2D Artwork: "Don't be afraid" (Optimus Prime fan art)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by KYQ, May 5, 2007.

1. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54703800/

Hey again all! Decided to take another stab at drawing Prime, and what better way to draw him than in a classic heroic situation?

The image was really strong in my head, and it kept on playing over and over, so I had to draw it anyway or it'd bug me for a good while :D .

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

o_O 

3. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

I have no idea what you mean by that dude. :lol  Would you please elaborate?

4. IACON

This is the "weird" face...
    usually I post it on stuff that I find kinda of weird.

5. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Ahh I see. What did you find 'weird'? o__o

6. IACON

ok, First of all it is kind of hard to understand from your picture a few things:
    Is the girl dreaming about Prime ? Or is it Prime that dream about the little girl.
    The main thing that I find weird is the perspective. Prime looks kind of weird and not that big as he should be, compared to the little girl. The perspective is all whcked. Also I see that you tried to make Prime save the girl from a blaze of fire (I think) but you use very dark pallete of brownish colors. I don't feel the flames.

7. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

That's more like it! Would've been less confusing if you replied with this first, instead of just a rather vague 'o_O ' ;) .

Anyway, yes, it's meant to be Prime saving the girl from a fire. I definitely agree that the perspective's kinda whacked, as it was an experimentation for me on many fronts. Drawing robots and fire effects are both very new to me, so this was my latest attempt at such a thing.

I'm gonna try turning up the orange-ness in the overall background too. I did keep it a bit more muted at first at it looked a bit overdone, but after you pointed it out, I think I'll reconsider that.

Thanks for the C&C!

EDIT: Turned up the orange tint of the pic.

8. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, point to note, the hands seem off... if you could do something with those, it would help a bit with the perspective..

I might suggest that there could be a bit of change with how the free "reaching" hand would be, maybe a point of reference would be the open hand Riku gives in the opening to Kingdon hearts...

I think it's a great idea in concept, but like you said, an experiment.

A for effort and thought!

9. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Thanks for that critique too. I realised I forgot about the perspective thing, and have tried another change too, blurring Prime a bit except for the out-reaching hand. Hope it helps things some what.