Don's Weekly Posting ... And Mr. Murphy Gets to decide who are "real" fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by neospark1, Aug 27, 2006.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thread

Don Murphy
    Administrator

Weekly POsting- Brought to yo by the NUmber 10 and the Letter "C"
    So – a busy week- what have we learned? Here’s ten thoughts, questions and observations from the week.

- Preliminary, not final, two dimensional designs for Megatron and Starscream’s head get “leaked” bringing on a horde of fan haters
    - A small percentage of the fanbase are not very good readers. They take last week’s plea to reserve judgment until they actually see a Transformer move in a trailer or clip as a brush off. Many of the same fans just learned to walk erect this past week as well it turns out.
    - Big visit to the set by the fan community this week. Lots of interviews with lots of different people, not just me. Let’s see what the fans think after these start coming out.
    - Found out about a secret attack site by Covenant. At least we know what he’s made of now.
    - Bowspearer visited the cornfield and made a triumphant return. God I like that guy’s pluck.
    - People have emailed me for posting at AINTITSHIT news. As anyone here knows, I hate that inaccurate rumor site. I was wronged years ago by Harry. While I now think Moriarty is a stand-up guy he is barely involved with the site. Therefore, be advised I would never be caught dead at AIS. And you shouldn’t be either. These are the people who continue to leak stolen, copyrighted early images from the film. No honor, no pride.
    - In the midst of all the haters, one hater promoted and pushed himself far and wide to get some much needed attention. We stood up to his piss and vinegar. He spread his campaign across many sites. We decided to delete the battle as we were giving him what he wanted- attention.
    - As I said in the interview yesterday…people want Welker. They want the Transformers noise and the song. They hate Starscream’s head. They hate the flames on Prime. They don’t love Megatron. While far from a consensus, I get the complaints. I am sure that others on the team get the complaints. If not, I will make sure they get them.
    - We changed the look and shape of the board. Now it is even more of a free for all. Everybody- PILE ON GRIMBOT!!!!
    - To the real fans both here and at Seiberton, Allspark, TFW, Tfans- EVERYWHERE. Thanks for your feedback and your intelligent suggestions. They are being heard above the hate that a few newbies insist on spewing.

Hang Tight Stooges, Hang Tight.

- In the midst of all the haters, one hater promoted and pushed himself far and wide to get some much needed attention. We stood up to his piss and vinegar. He spread his campaign across many sites. We decided to delete the battle as we were giving him what he wanted- attention.

Wow .... just wow. Someone puts up a well construced and respectful Blog, and Mr. Murphy loses all sense of perspective and manners. I hardly call what Transit posted as a "hater."

- To the real fans ...

Wow part 2. Can Mr. Murphy please explain to us how he has become the Allspark and can tell us who a "real" fan is? Perhaps it is a
    stooge?"

2. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I think he was referring the fans who've been at least civil in regards to the movie content, something that there are precious few of.
    To him, the "real fans" are the ones that have been openminded, or at least accept what the filmmakers are doing and not "OMG Bay es raping my childhud!"

Though, it is hard to think a 3d toy prototype as a "Preliminary, not final, two dimensional design"

3. highball22

highball22 Banned

Ungrateful fans

One more time (For emphasis)

Bay, Murphy, and Company,

Please stop interacting with ungrateful fanatics. Allowing this fandom to see and hear anything about the production of this movie is never going to work. SO MANY people swear to know how to make a movie that the world can enjoy, yet everything they would employ is something only the fans would understand.

It would be much better to not address anything that the fandom complains about because they'll swear it's "damage control". How many other fans get to have any kind of input into a movie?

Then people have the nerve to be offended that they were told to shut up by Murph, when they talk more smack than anybody. Cursing Hasbro, Bay, and everyone else they can think of, as if they are some EXPERTS on what the movie industry is. You guys are better than me cause I wouldn't deal with such an ungrateful bunch.

But not everyone is fanatical. If you're doing it for the few out there who ARE understanding that this movie is made for the masses, then KUDOS to the entire production. Thanks for giving me something different than what we've had for the past Twenty Years.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone that agrees with him 100% and thinks his movies are awesome? If so, I'm not a real fan. :dunce 

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Sorry but from what I read in the recent leaked movie pics threads, Murphy's reaction is accurate and warranted. Even i was embarrased to be a TF fan after reading page after page of childish tantrums. Granted, Don Murphy comes off as an asshole...all I'm saying is he's not that far off the mark.

6. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I am :lol  :p  :ev: 

7. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Wow. I spew hate so I guess that makes me a newbie? I guess being here for almost 7 years and several versions of this board means I'm a newbie.

It seems like Mr. Murphy is only listening to those who spew their love for these designs and anything else with the brand name "Transformers" on it.

But okay Mr. Murphy. lets see a Transformer in motion. If you really want fan reaction, then show us how they will really look on screen. If the designs look like what we have seen, my guess is that many people will still not like it at all.

8. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    While I understand Mr. Murphy's frustrations, he does need to keep his frustration from showing through in his posts. Using statements such as "real fans" and "not very good readers" are going to tick fans off, some even more so than they are now for whatever reason be they warranted or not. It just may make his situation worse, not better.

Does he have a right to be frustrated? Yeah, I mean read through the threads about the leaked pics, what happened on the front page of Seibertron, and the various articles out there and I think that warrants being frustrated and a bit miffed; however, instead of venting, he could simply have asked fans to be more thorough when reading news and to give constructive criticism while not singling any group out and I think his point would have come across much better.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    While I agree completely the film crew should disconnect almost all communication with the fandom, saying all these fans swear to know how to produce an entire film is pointless hyperbole. It's also dishonest to lump Hasbro into this. Hasbro has been widely, and deservedly praised as the champion of the brand this year.

10. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

I feel for Don, I do. But how could he not expect the uproar that happened when the Starscream and Megatron Designs hit. I know he says wait till you see these move and whatnot but they may move awesome and that won't change the fact they don't look like transformers but more like Bionicles or something out of Terminator. Is that hate? or just my honest critisism? Here's a honest suggestion that i think is very rational....make them recognizable as a transformer and all this anger will clear up.

11. TFFan2005

TFFan2005 Well-Known Member

wait I don't understand...................I like Transformers, I have a crap load of toys....................now I find out i'm not a fan.....................OMG!

Ok I guess it's time to start collecting Pokemon!..................lol

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think this kind of talk will sway anyone to his side. Likely it will only make it worse for him.

13. highball22

highball22 Banned

That's what he wants to do if you'd just be patient enough.
    ***EDIT***
    Namecalling is NOT acceptable... Check your PM Inbox...

-TFW2005 STAFF

14. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

I'm fine with most of the movie stuff, but the heads need some improvement. Especially Megatron's.

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That's how I took it as well

A little civility goes a long way folks

16. highball22

highball22 Banned

I'm not saying the ALL fans swear to know how. Not everyone here is acting that way. Just the ones CLAIMING to know. And some have thrown blame at Hasbro. I for one praise them for taking on a new direction.

17. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

Well i'll take your point about Hasbro and take it a new direction. If you don't like these designs we shouldn't blame just Bay or Murphy. Hasbro could have demanded they don't look so different, there just as guilty as anyone.

18. highball22

highball22 Banned

Apology

I apologize to the staff for the choice of name. Didn't realize I was being condescending by saying that.

19. highball22

highball22 Banned

You're right about that!

I'm happy so far with everything I've seen from Bay, Murph, and Hasbro because it's something we haven't seen before. The breath of fresh air I've been waiting for.

20. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Screw Murphy and his kool-aid drinking sycophants.

SB